Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Puja YadavYour feedback matters!
Hi I had a sex last night but today morning onwards my wife pee hole blood bleeding and her date is still 8 days far what is the problem is there any serious problem please help me.
My wife is pregnant and now she is not interested in sex what should we do now. She has 4 months of pregnancy.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.
My wife is two months pregnant, which type of diet she take? & what precautions to be taken in pregnancy?
I have a dermoid cyst of 33*36 in my right ovary, I tried to be mob from last 6 years, now my doctor says that I have to remove the cyst other ways I cannot get pregnant. Is it true? other tests of me and my partner are fully ok. Please give me the suggestion, with the cyst can I be pregnant?
I take Ly one primolut N for my periods monthly I get gud flow but if I stop taking I'm not getting periods naturally I have pcos.
My daughter of 11-years old having chronic cough and cold with irritation in throat. She coughed severly while at night and early in morning. She cannot breathe properly. She suffers from this i think last three months. I am given her beledona 200 thrice daily,but its now becomes sever. Please suggest me something best in homoeopathy,
I am 27 (02/05/1990) years old woman planning to convince . What things I should take care give me a perfect answer.
Hello doctor I'm a 17th week pregnant .my TSH value was 1.60.I'm taking 125 mcg thyronorm. Is everything normal. My condition. N I was advised by triple marker test .what for dat test vil do? please clarify my doubts.
Jamun (black plum) the sweet and tangy fruit that leaves your tongue purple, is not just great on taste but comes with a host of health benefits. Fruit, seeds, bark, and leaves of Jambul have medicinal properties. Jamun is loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids essential for a healthy body and mind.
It has fewer calories when compared to other fruit and is a good source of iron, apart from its mineral content. Jamun not only helps in increasing haemoglobin but it has anti-diabetic and antihyperlipidaemic effects also. The juice of the ripe fruit or a decoction of it is administered in spleen enlargement, chronic diarrhoea, ulcers and urine retention.
'The leaves have antibacterial properties and they are used for making medicines for the strengthening of the teeth and gums.'
Jamun Vinegar is also helpful in Migraine. Apply little vinegar on the head it will give you relief from migraine pain.
Jamun fruit and Seeds powder can be used to controlling glucose level in the body. The glucoside in jamun that stops the conversion of starch into glucose and this helps in controlling blood-sugar. So, the diabetic patients can consume seeds powder with a consultation of a Dietician.
Jamun vinegar or juice of the fruit is a traditional cure for digestive problems and is known to be good for reducing menstrual problems in women.
Nutrition facts (for 100gm of jamun):
Energy: 62 kcal
Protein: 0.70 gm
Carbohydrates: 14.00 gm
Calcium: 15.00 mg
Iron: 0.30 mg
Potassium: 55.00 mg
Sodium: 26.20 mg
Carotene: 48.00 mg
Vitamin C: 18.00 mg
Below are some Jamun remedies you can use at home
- Diarrhoea- Make a paste of two soft leaves of Jamun then add some rock salt and make small pills and take twice daily with water.
- Conjunctivitis- Boil 20 soft leaves of Jamun in 2 cups (400ml) water till it reduces to 100 ml. Cool down this and wash eyes with this decoction(water).
- Dysentery (bloody) - Take 20 gm of powdered seeds with 1/2 cup of water twice daily.
- Child's bed wetting- Give 1 teaspoon ground seed with water.
- Acidity- Drink 10 ml Jamun vinegar with some water.
I am 21 years old. And m not getting periods since 3 months. Ek Baar aur Aisa hua tha. Then Dr. ne muje primolut n prescribe Kiya tha. Uske Baad se every 2 months period hota h. But dis time 3 months ho Gaye. please tell me something any medicine or home remedy.
What is safe time for having sex with my wife after nd before her periods if we don't want any child! Eg. She gets her periods on 13!
What is reason swelling of uterus and how can relief this. And tell me this disease is prevent pregnancy?
The discharge of semen during sleep usually as a result of erotic dreams is called nocturnal emission. It is also called “wet dreams” or “night falls”. It is not just boys who get these wet dreams. Even girls and women can have erotic dreams as a result of pent-up sexual desires, which may lead to orgasms during sleep. Wet dreams are quite natural when it happens once or twice in a month. on the other hand it needs medical attention.
There are multiple reasons give for nocturnal emissions. The most common seems to be that the body was partly designed for nocturnal emissions because a man needs to ejaculate from time to time even when he is not sexually active. it is natural way or releasing sexual tension. More specifically, nocturnal emissions are stimulated only from the brain. They happen when a man is actually dreaming (which is not all the time while he is sleeping!). Nocturnal emissions can happen regardless of the type of dream although these dreams are usually sexual.
I have my regular periods. I have pcos. What are the symptoms of pcos. How to treat it. Without medication.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!