Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PujaYour feedback matters!
I am married and age 28 yrs. I have been suffering from sores on my genitals from last 3-4 days. I consulted a senior dermatologist, he prescribed me herpex cream and zovirax tablets 400 mg, does it mean I have genital herpes? But doctor is saying its due to viral, it will be cured. Please advice I am very confused?
I am 25 years female, I am pregnant and my weight us high with 20 kgs with regard to my bmi. Is it advisable to reduce weight during pregnancy and I have no sugar and pressure complaints. Thank you.
Hi, I was using oviduct nc dc alone from 3rd day onwards. Today 13th day I went fr follicular study. Dominant follicle on l.o of 14 mm in length, endometrium 4.5 mm. So can I use estradiol valerate nw to increase thickness of endometrium. please suggest.
Dear doctor, I am live in village. There is no medical store for buy condoms. Can I make condom at home for doing anal sex?
Doctor, I sometimes face irregular vaginal bleeding even when periods are properly over. What could be the possible reasons & preventive measures. Thanks.
My last LMP was 8 Jan accordingly I should be around 8 weeks pregnant I had USG yesterday which shows 6 weeks n 6 days. Why s this difference please suggest something else all blood and urine test are OK. Please help. I am very tensed.
Abstinence is the only foolproof way to avoid contracting an STD. However, there are ways to make sexual contact safer. When used properly, condoms provide the best protection against STDs, and have the additional benefit of providing contraception.
Using latex condoms or other barriers for anal and oral sex can also reduce your STD risk. Numerous STDs can be spread during oral sex, including:
Condoms and other barriers are generally very effective at preventing STDs that spread through infected fluids. However, they can’t fully protect against STDs that spread from skin to skin. If the barrier does not cover infected skin, the STD can still be passed to your partner.
Hormonally based birth control options, such as the pill and the ring, do not protect you from STDs. Intrauterine devices (IUDs) also do not prevent STDs.
Before having sex with a new partner, it’s important to discuss your sexual history. In addition, you should both be screened for STDs before having sex. As STDs often have no symptoms, testing is the only way to know if you are infected.
When discussing STD test results, it’s important to ask a partner what STDs they have been tested for. Many people assume their doctors have screened them for STDs as part of regular care. However, that usually isn’t true. People need to ask for the specific STD tests that they want. Urine or blood tests are available for:
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
- It helps reduce your blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Helps by releasing your happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burn calories: Does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
A number of different factors can cause the problem of infertility in women. The issue of infertility is not new to the medical world. Various medications and treatments have come up with the advancement of science and this has helped cure the problem of infertility over time. Although infertility can have a severe impact on your mental health, it is still not impossible to cure. There are multiple medications and treatments which can still give you a healthy chance of having a baby. Age is one of the major factors which cause the problem of infertility in women as women are born with a finite number of eggs and with increasing age, the number of eggs automatically reduce. Therefore, to avoid infertility, opting for an early pregnancy can also be suggested.
Start With a Thorough Diagnosis
A number of blood tests are carried out to determine the cause of infertility, like the presence of cystic ovaries, abnormal hormonal levels or any other cervical problem. Apart from that, the procedure of Laparoscopy is also carried out to look at the outer lines of the fallopian tube, ovaries, and uterus as well. This procedure helps the doctors in identifying any abnormal growth in the pelvic region. The next procedure which is carried out is HSG or Hysterosalpingography which involves the insertion of a dye or a saline into the cervix through ultrasound or X-ray to check for any kind of blockage in the fallopian tube.
Various Treatments for the Problem of Infertility
- IVF or In Vito Fertilization is the most advanced procedure which is used to help the sperms and eggs. This artificial technique of fusing the sperms and the eggs outside the body and placing it in the uterus after the formation of the embryo is one of the most used procedures in the case of infertility.
- Another alternative treatment which can be chosen is the Assisted Reproductive Technology. Hormonal therapy along with the combination of fertility drugs are two procedures which are used in this technology. Other types of tests which are carried out are intrauterine insemination and zygote intra fallopian transfer among others.
- Egg donation is another popular method which is used during infertility. This process involves the removal of Oocytes from the ovary of women who have taken fertility drugs.
- A small amount of concentrated sperm cells is used in another method called Intrauterine
- Insemination which only requires a few minutes to be completed and is an extremely painless process.
Along with these other alternative methods of surrogacy, ZIFT or Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer and special medical therapies can also be used to increase the fertility rate.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!