Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Prretam GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm 27 years old I feel pain in right side of the chest. Why it is happening soo? It also a pricking pain, usually pain is on upper and lower chest above abdomen.
A sensation of pain in the chest is almost automatically associated with having a heart attack. While it is true that it is one of the best indicators of a heart attack, there are quite a few other things which can cause one’s chest to pain and not all need to necessarily be as time critical as a heart attack. So, what are the various things one should be aware of when it comes to pain in the chest? In order to understand chest pain better, it is first very important to understand the various types of chest pain better! So, there is a sharp pain, its opposite which happens to be a dull pain, burning, aching, stabbing pain, as well as a crushing sensation.
Let’s start with the elephant in the room, which is medically known as myocardial infarction or referred to as the infamous heart attack. This occurs when the muscle cells, which are located in the heart die on account of not enough blood flowing through the heart. In simple terms, the best way to get to know that one is having a heart attack is when the person feels a seriously crushing pain in the centre or the left side of the chest. What could be said to be unique about this type of pain is that resting does not make it better.
- Another condition of the heart which is often mistaken by the layman for a heart attack happens to be myocarditis. Inflammation of the heart muscle leads to fatigue and a fast beating of the heart. The person would also experience some difficulty breathing.
- Heart disease can come in multiple forms and one of those is known as CAD or Coronary Artery Disease. When there is a blockage in the blood vessels of the heart, the pain [which is known as angina] is caused by this blockage. The probably solitary source of good news is that permanent damage to the heart is not caused by CAD!
- That being said, a heart attack is a greater possibility. The pain in the chest could spread to the jaw or the back, or even the arm. The sensation is that of the body part being squeezed. The first thing to be done when angina occurs is to rest in order to lower the pain.
- While these conditions have focused on the heart, pneumonia affecting the lungs can cause deep chest ache. It causes a cough and chills. There is also likely to be pus from the respiratory tract which is coughed up!
- Asthma is yet another respiratory issue which could cause chest pain! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I have chest pain for last 3 years, I took ecg, blood tests, and echo scan also. All reports r normal, I consulted cardiologist also, what else may be the reason for frequent chest pain.
I'm suffering from idiopathic intracranial hypertension since I was 13 years old. I'm on diamox since then 500mg TDS. Does it has anything to do with stress? Cause this had been got to even worse conditions when I'm stressed out over something or any incident which shook my emotionally.
Having breathing problem ever since angiography done in 2006 added to this having asthama, diabetes on border, pressure on border taking regular tests and medicines from platinum hospital and bethaney hospitals now I stay at Dubai visiting mumbai 15th march please advice me how get a remedy to get relief from breathing problem using all kinds of inhailers etc and medicines but no use.
I'm 27 years male, have done health checkup through Lybrate, in which some values are not normal like 25-oh vitamin D (total) -5.15 ng/ml, Total cholesterol-223 mg/dl, LDL Cholesterol (direct)-152 mg/dl, Non HDL cholesterol-171 mg/dl, Alkaline phosphatase-189 U/l, platelets distribution width (PDW)-20.5 fL, mean platelet volume (MPV)-13.3 fL and PLCR-51.2%. Please consult.
Maintain a healthy blood pressure, 120/80. The higher your blood pressure (bp) the greater your risk for developing heart diseases.