Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prretam GuptaYour feedback matters!
What to do control high BP as my BP is 129/100 and my age is 27 years my height is 175 Cm. And weight is 89 Kg Please suggest me weather any thing is there to worry. Please help. Thank you.
Hello Doctor! Is having karela juice good for weight loss Is it ok to have when your cholesterol level is little high and borderline diabetes is there.
My husband is an diabetics patience he can drink milk at night before sleep and he also suffering with bloodpressure as well as cholesterol problem.
Our body cells are responsible for the essential breakdown of food into energy, as it is vital for our body functioning. Cells break down food into glucose and then convert glucose into energy through insulin, which is an important hormone in the body. Diabetes is associated with the inappropriate functioning of insulin and can be classified into two types: Type I and Type 2 Diabetes. In type I Diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, the cell do not use insulin properly.
Both conditions cause blood glucose levels to rise in the body. Diabetes is more than one disease as it poses serious health risks. People with diabetes are at risk of developing a host of problems such as stroke, hypertension, nerve damage, skin, eyes and kidney problems. High amount of blood sugar level can cause damage to the blood vessels leading to blocked arteries restricting blood flow to the heart. Poor blood glucose control can lead to high blood pressure and other blood lipid abnormalities including high levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and triglycerides.
The link between cardiovascular disease and diabetes is well established by medical science. It is estimated that 65% of people with diabetes die of heart disease, which makes it a leading cause of all deaths among diabetic patients. Doctors refer to this connection as DHD- Diabetic Heart Disease. The term Diabetic Heart Disease covers coronary heart disease; narrowing of the arteries, heart failure; minimising heart’s capacity to pump enough blood and diabetic cardiomyopathy; alteration in the structure and function of the heart.
A sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity, smoking, stressful life and unhealthy eating habits all contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes. Thus, weight and lifestyle issues management is the best way to prevent and control such health risks.
Let’s look at some simple but effective ways towards a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical exercise: Adopt a 30 minute exercise rule to remain healthy and fit. For diabetic patients, a morning and evening walk is highly recommended. You could walk, run, gym, climb stairs, do yoga, aerobics or other physical activity that interests you.
- Eat healthy: Avoid fried and packaged foods as they are full of fats, salt and sugar. Include seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink plenty of water. Dieticians recommend eating a heart-healthy diet including superfoods like broccoli, spinach, berries and fibre rich meal.
- Weight management: Keeping weight under check is an effective way to prevent the risk of heart diseases. Consult a dietician for a customised diet plan as per your medical condition.
- Be positive: Stress is a silent killer and a major contributor to all lifestyle diseases. Remain calm and manage your negative thoughts to overcome stress.
Health is the ultimate treasure you have! Preserve it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 30 years old man, I always getting angry very quickly and rapid heart beat, how can I control this.
Following Simple Healthy Heart Ways can help you keep heart disease at bay:
1. Drink at least 8-12 glasses of water a day, depending on your body weight.
2. Get your fill of essential fatty acids - raw nuts and/or seeds are a good source of Omega-3 and Omega-6. These are essential because humans can’t manufacture them within the body.
3. Eat high-quality proteins. Seafood, eggs, beans, chicken, mutton etc are excellent sources. Vegetarians can and obtain Proteins from grains, sprouted grains, raw nuts and raw seeds esp. soya.
4. Walk at least 30 minutes every day. Exercise is good, but walking is amazing.
5. Keep body weight, blood pressure, blood sugar and lipids under control.
However, if you are already facing heart problem, consider non-invasive and non-surgical treatments such as Artery Clearance Therapy (ACT) / Chelation therapy and External Counter Pulsation (ECP) options, before stents or bypass surgery.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.