Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
From a news site I came to know that presence of fluoride in water causes damages to bones and other nervous systems. If it is true then is tooth paste with fluoride is injurious to health?
Sir I have been getting bad odour from mouth for some days. Please suggest some medications, my age is 45 and complete clean habits, no sugar.
My sister is having ulcer problem from approximate 3yrs. She consulted many doctors, they suggested becosule medicine. But then also the problem exists. Please provide me a perfect solution?
Sir I have toothache in my tooth hall and it's smell very badly. And I want to remove this smell and full fill the tooth hall too. So tell me how I should do this.
Which type of root canal and core material is best. While I was 12 years old my front dent is half broken in accident at that time I ignored due to not having sense at that age. Now I am young and I wanted to fix this with best match to original dent and material type also should be exact like our calcium dent as I hate ceramic and metal core teeth suggest me best core material which will lust life longer. Give treatment method name and material name, also suggest me affordable hospital for that treatment.
I had my braces takes off 1 year ago and now I feels that my teeth are shifting back to its old position so anything needful to be done in regards of this. Thanks.
I am 26 yrs old female . I had so much pain in my teeth (left side upper one) I also had gap in between two teeth tats why its is so paining please suggest me anything.
H kya r.t.c. teeths ki life long karti hai mene apne one side me 6+1 me teath ko dead kar diya hai but I am comfortable no problem but 2nd side me bhi problem ho rhi hai meetha khane me kaafi pan hota hai.
My question is like what we have to do if I get blood in my gums and teeth and also they smell bad because of the blood. Even I couldn't eat apple, banana etc, so, please suggest me a good solution for this. I really want that my gums get healthy and also not smelly as fast as possible. It would pleasure if you suggest me any suitable option for all this regards
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.