Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Promina BhutaniYour feedback matters!
My baby running 10th month still not coning tooth please clear my doubt any problem in my baby. Please advise.
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
My child aged 6 years is having retina eye problem. Everything is ok, but he can't read from certain distance. All tests have been done. But, even erg test also failed to diagnose exact problem. But it has been diagnosed as retina problem. Probably small retina. It has been suggested another test scanning after 6 months. Is there any remedy for retina problems.
Merit daughter ki age 8 year 8 month hai. Ye abhi bhi vista pe pesab kart hai. Weight 18.5 kg and height 121cm hai. Kya ye normal hai if not please suggest me. Thanks.
Hello doctor My son is 3 year old He has cold and cough from last 25 days He has been on medicines ,it is reducing gradually. The doctor has tried antibiotics and has now given deriphyllin syrup. When asked he said the child has asthma. We are shocked by this and can not understand as we don't see any asthmatic symptoms in our child. Your opinion.
14 months baby have severe cough in chest. Cough is not getting loose. Baby is not even eating anything she is completely on breast feeding. Please help what to do.
My daughter is very thin actually wife's parent and all her relatives are thin, but I need my daughter to gain wait so please suggest me some vitamin or protein syrup. She 2.5 year old.
My son is of 4 months old is not passing motion regularly. He will not pass motion for more than a week. Is there any natural way to make it regular. Can we start giving him solid food like raggi. To make his motion regular can we give him castor oil? pls give me a reply at the earliest
I masturbate once in 2 days. I am very lean and skinny. Is it the cause of my skinny body. What else problem is caused by it?
My kid is having dry cough. He vomited just now. And he is having cold feet n cold hands. His head is hot. What should I do?
My baby is 17 months old his diet is also ok as per the dietitian but still he is too thin his wright is 10 kg600gm. Is there any medicine dat can make him little bit fatty.
My baby was 4 years old Has cold for last 3 months regularly. Its symptoms is like starting running nose then, blocked nose, then snoring, then getting heavy cough while sleeping, then chest cold, then get like cure. But not cure, again it will be start from running nose, blocked nose, snoring, cough etc. Its happening last 3 months randomly. We taken Levocitrize, asthalin, levolin (as per doctor advice) etc. Etc. But still not cure. Please advice what we can do? Thanks.
One of my 8 months old twin son did not breastfeed from day one so I gave him prenan. Everything was ok till 1st month then suddenly one day he vomited. After 2 days he vomited again. I took him to his pediatrician who prescribed perinorm. But the chemist mistakenly gave me azithromycin. Which I gave him for 3 days x 3 times. My baby' s vomiting worsened after that. He started vomiting 4 - 5 times a day. And did not take his feed easily. As if he is never hungry. Till now he do not like to be fed and if fed anyhow, he vomits. It' s 7 months now but he has no relief from his vomits. His weight gain is about 200-250 gms per month.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.