Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Promila Pandey
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Promila PandeyYour feedback matters!
- Cognitive problems
- Loss of sight and mobility
- Double vision
- Blindness in one eye
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble with sensation
- Trouble with coordination
How Can Physiotherapy Help You?
Physiotherapy can help in cases of multiple sclerosis by providing:
- Physical independence
- Increased chances of staying in employment
- Improved general health and quality of life
Ways of Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis
1. Improve posture
- By putting the right muscle in the right place and at the right time to help it work efficiently.
- This is required for balancing, walking, and improving arm and hand function.
2. Improve Balance
- Multiple sclerosis can alter the way in which a person moves, making him/her feel as if he/she is more likely to fall.
- Neurological physiotherapy helps rebuild poor balance.
3. Improve Walking
- Walking is affected because of general or specific muscle weakness.
- The general weakness can be addressed by exercises.
- In specific weakness, the treatment is likely to be more specialized with rehabilitation technology.
- The most common treatment method for a drop foot or a floppy foot is with functional electrical stimulation (FES).
4. Improve Spasticity
- Muscle spasms, pain, or stiffness in the muscles are experienced by these patients.
- The physiotherapist can help reduce the problems associated with this type of altered muscle function and leg weakness.
- The therapy involves stretches to help you maintain mobility and prevent muscle spasms. It also includes training on how to use mobility aids like a cane, walker, or a wheelchair.
- For rehabilitation exercises, splints or orthoses are used.
5. Improve Fatigue
- Fatigue is a symptom of multiple sclerosis; however, people also get fatigued because of the extra effort they have to invest in all their activities.
- Neurological physiotherapy will work with you to help you manage the fatigue so you can save your energy for the good stuff.
During a relapse
- A relapse — also called a flare or exacerbation — is a period of time when symptoms of multiple sclerosis are more frequent or severe.
- During this period, you may have greater difficulty with everyday tasks that include working, cooking, walking, or bathing.
Progressive multiple sclerosis
- If you have primary progressive multiple sclerosis, you don’t experience relapses. Instead, your disease is on a gradual, constant decline.
- For advanced multiple sclerosis
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis have severe multiple sclerosis symptoms.
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis are non-ambulatory.
- It means they cannot walk or get around without help from another person or a motorized device. Also, people at this stage have an increased risk of developing other health conditions such as osteoporosis or epilepsy.