Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Promila Kohli
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Promila KohliYour feedback matters!
I had poly cystic ovarian disease past 2years. I had tab. Ovacet bd at 1year n stopped tha treatment till now I had irregular periods past 1month continuously bleeding bt nt normally lik drop by drop. Now I want to be pregnant so what I do now?
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant. We have done all blood test. TSH value is :- 3.5.Dr. Has told that it is slightly high. It should be below 2.5.But in thyroid report it shows normal range is around 4.5 - 5. Another Dr. Whom we prescribed this blood reports did not prescribed" thyroxine". But the Dr. Whom we are consulted for pregnancy has prescribed" thyroxine"daily in morning empty stomach. Kindly tell me what would be normal range for TSH for my wife who is pregnant? My wife do not have any thyroid issue before pregnancy. Her value before pregnancy was TSH :- 1. 7.Is this medicine normal for our baby? Thanks in advance for answer. Please guide properly. Why every Dr. Have different point of view?
I ate duphaston tablet 10 days but 12 days passed I did not get periods when I consume that tablet not proper time one day 10 am another day 11.30 like that that's y I doesn't work ah I got confused and I planned iui also am waiting for periods pls guide me thank u.
Am 5 month pregnant .last 2 days I travelled buy car and the roads are in worse condition. Now I have pain in my lower abdomen. I feel like baby is gone bit down. Is it normal or my baby is safe. Am really worried. I went to doc she told me for bed rest. Raised the bed and lay down for whole day. Am far away from my home. She suggested me not to travel. Can you please tell me the exact position of laying on raised bed upside down.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
- Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
- Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience low libido
- Your sperm count may be low
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
I had intimated with my husband about 10 days ago at that tym we don't use protection. But after that I had an ipill on second day. And now today before 1 week of my menses cycle I found a some spots. What is the reason behind it and will it effect my menses dates of every month. Is this a serious issue.
I had a unsafe sex with my bf on 14th june, I eat unwanted 72 after 1 hour of sex, my monthly periods date is 12th of every month, after 4 days of sex little amount of bleeding like 4-5 drops now 24 th july, my periods is stopped, this is my first time sex so pls help me waht to do.
Weak Erection? How to Boost Penis Health?
Many men believe erectile dysfunction means they can't get it up at all, but for some men, the reality is a little more complex. Some men suffer from a weak erection - meaning they can get it up, but it doesn't get hard enough for them to engage in sexual intercourse with a partner. Though most men have suffered from the occasional weak erection (especially during a period of time when they weren't paying enough attention to penis care, erections that are consistently weak are cause for concern.
What might cause weak erections?
In order to alleviate the problem of weak erections, a man must understand how an erection works in the first place. When a man becomes excited, the brain sends signals to the body to relax certain blood vessels, especially those around the penis. The result is a rapid influx of blood into the spongy areas on either side of the penis, known as the corpora cavernosa. As the blood flows in, the penis becomes hard. The blood does not easily flow back out, thus allowing a man to keep his erection for as long as he needs to.
Given how erections work, it's safe to say that any issues with circulation can cause serious problems with getting hard. If a man has problems with blood not pumping hard enough, it can lead to a lesser amount of blood filling those spongy areas, or none at all - this leads to a weak erection. The other issue might occur when lack of proper blood flow over a long period of time leads to nerve issues with the penis, which then doesn't allow the signals for hardness to get through appropriately. The result, as a man might imagine, is an erection that is barely there or not there at all.
How to fix the problem of weak erections?
When a man first notices weak erections, he should get to the doctor as soon as possible. This is to rule out any underlying issues that might contribute to the problem. Without solving any underlying issues, nothing else a man tries will actually work.
Once a guy has a clean bill of health, it's time to look at circulation issues that might be causing the problem. In most cases, circulation issues stem from lifestyle habits, so changing some of those habits can be a huge help. These include:
1) Eat healthier. Foods loaded with lean protein, antioxidants and plenty of healthy nutrients are best. Look for fruits, veggies and lean meats. Drink plenty of water as well.
2) Exercise more. The more the blood gets pumping, the healthier the blood vessels will be. A guy must make sure he's getting his heart rate up during exercise, thus getting the best benefit, at least three or four times a week.
3) Lose weight. The first two tips will help the weight come off naturally, but if a guy has already lost a bit and seems to be in a rut, it's time to take extra steps. Working with a trainer can help a guy get in even better shape.
4) Stop bad habits. Smoking is horrible for heart health, and in turn, it's terrible for penis health. Stop smoking and lots of good things happen, including in the realm of penis health and weak erections.
5) Wear the right clothing. It's important to protect the penis, whether playing sports or sitting at the desk in the office. Wear comfortable, loose-fitting underwear and trousers; when playing sports, use a well-fitting cup to make sure no trauma comes to the penis.
Finally, reach for a top-notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to help ensure proper oxygenation of the penis. This can be achieved through the use of L-arginine, an amino acid known for easing the flow of blood through the vessels, as well as vitamin C, which can help improve the health of the vessels themselves. Other nutrients in the best crème can also help, such as vitamin B, D and A, as well as Shea butter and vitamin E.