Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Promila KohliYour feedback matters!
Hii. I miss my period for 17 days but test is negative. Today I went to the doctor. She sad wait for 10 days nd test again. Is it right.
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.
I'm now 4 months pregnant I lost 2 kg In the first trimester what should I do and now what are the medicines I should take as i'm just taking realfol apart from it what should I intake? Also what to eat to gain weight? As i'm not hungry at all.
I am 21years old there is a small lump in my left breast since 5 to 6 months I am very worried about it is it normal. Please help me?
I m suffering from irregular periods maximum and last for 5 days and is very painful after it stops please suggest me what should I do.
I had copper T inserted around 2.5 years back. I had heavy menses for 3-4 months but got back to normal after that. After 2 years of insertion my menstrual flow became scanty which worried me. I am 32 years old and chances of menopause was rare. But I blamed the excessive workout for that. In the past 1 year I have gained nearly 7 kgs of weight. This is bothering me a lot. I workout very regularly and sincerely. But I am unable to see any changes. The weight gain is in the middle region. Tummy, thigh and hips. Kindly guide me what should I do? I did not have any other side effects after insertion. But weight gain is unstoppable. I want this preventive method as I do not wish to get pregnant whereas my husband is hell bent for second child. Please help.
Menstrual cramps are a common occurrence in women who are of childbearing age. The pain is mostly felt in the back or lower abdomen. Menstruation is unavoidable and natural, but the cramps associated with it can disrupt your normal lifestyle. You find it hard to focus and concentrate on your work, among other things. Fortunately, there are ways to counter your pain.
So, here are 10 ways to relieve your period cramps-
Over-the-counter pain medications such as ibuprofen and naproxen can provide relief. Ibuprofen is effective in lowering prostaglandins (hormones responsible for menstrual cramps). But you need to take the medicine 3-4 days before your periods start.
This may surprise you, but birth control pills can also reduce pain. Besides regulating your periods, they also maintain a steady hormonal level in your body. When hormones aren’t fluctuating, the severity of pain reduces.
Maintaining a healthy diet can provide long-term relief from menstrual cramps. If you have a healthy weight, you would experience lesser pain. Oestrogen is produced by fat cells and abnormal amounts of fat cells can increase its production, and when you have a healthy weight, you can prevent hormonal imbalances.
Drink plenty of water—it not only keeps you hydrated but also keeps your hormones in balance.
Stay away from beverages that contain caffeine, such as coffees and sodas. Caffeine is inflammatory in nature, and it will only worsen your pain.
Yes, moving too much during periods sounds crazy, but exercising can reduce your pain! If you exercise regularly, your stress levels reduce (too much stress worsens pain) and your body releases endorphins, which will lessen the pain considerably.
Cramps are stubborn, and sometimes all the preventive measures fail. At times like these, heat is your best friend. Whether it is a heating bag on your abdomen or a nice, warm bath, heat can reduce your pain and make you feel comfortable.
Sometimes, magnesium deficiency can trigger pain and make your life difficult. Do consume plenty of magnesium-rich foods such as dark leafy vegetables, bananas, yoghurt, nuts, fish, whole grains, etc.
Sweet or salty cravings are common during periods. But you need to stay far away from all kinds of processed foods, because they will only cause more pain.
Yoga is an excellent remedy for menstrual cramping.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
The most common form of leishmaniasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis is generally identified as a parasitic disease caused by the bite of infected sand flies and is responsible for causing skin sores. These skin sores vary in size and appearance and are susceptible to changes over time. They have often been described as miniature volcanoes, having slightly elevated edges with a central crater, and at times covered by a scab. Occasionally, swollen glands can appear in and around the sores, and may or may not be painful.
Causes of cutaneous leishmaniasis include:
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be easily spread by the mere bite of certain types of phlebotomine sand flies. Initially, sand flies get infected when they bite an infected animal; say a rodent or a dog, or even another person already suffering from it. They then act as a vector agent and carry the virus around with them. If they happen to bite you, you will discover the growth of these volcanic skin sores gradually, if not immediately.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread via blood transfusions or through the use of contaminated needles.
- Occasionally, though very rarely, cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread from a pregnant mother to her newborn baby.
Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be treated in various ways. Some effective methods of treatment may include:
- Local heat therapy (most suitably at around 40 degrees celsius)
- Several topical paromomycin preparations
- Certain types of sodium preparations
- Antibiotic therapy
Boil in the vaginal area (with light watery milky white head) most probably due to hair removal. Now infection has spread to odr area too.
I am 24 year old female m not married my problem irregular 2 mnth. Se mujhe period nai hue please ask me some medicine Nd solve my problem.
Vata resides in the colon and colon is therefore primarily responsible for all the vata disorders.
Vata imbalance in the skeletal system (asthi dhatu) causes osteoarthritis.
Vata imbalance with toxins (ama) causes rheumatoid arthritis.
Vata imbalance in blood (rakta dhatu) entering into bony tissue causes gout.
Massage with sesame oil to reduce the vata.
Digestion must be improved so that no further ama is produced. Fasting is very beneficial for digesting the ama. Duration of fasting depends upon the strength of the person, place and season.
Consume the foods which are easily digestible and do not make wind or gas.
Vegetable juices and juice of carrot, beetroot and cucumber mixed together is also beneficial.
Green salad, fruits like apples, oranges, grapes and papaya can be taken.
Use of cumin, coriander, ginger, asfoetida, garlic, fennel and turmeric is also helpful.
Avoid eating hot, spicy and fried foods, sweets, wind forming foods like cabbage, cauliflower, spinach and potatoes should be prohibited.
Avoid taking too much tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate and cocoa, excessive smoking.
Sleeping during day time, staying up late in the night and mental tensions like worry, anxiety, fear, stress and grief etc, should be given up.
I have irregular periods I never get my periods monthly only after 2 months I wil get my periods doctor is any problem after marriage ?
Me and my fiance had sex on 27 April 2016 and her mc time was on 10 April. Now on 5 may, she feels nausea and weakness and her upcoming period ll be on 8-10 may. Can you pls tell me. Whether she is pregnant or not. If yes then which pregnancy medicine will useful to control child birth at this stage without any future side effects. Thank you.
I am 6 weeks post-partum, breastfeeding, me and my husband had unprotected sex tonight, my doctor had given me n-ethi tabs to stop bleeding. I wanna know which pills I can take to avoid pregnancy?, would I really be pregnant, please prescribe a pill.
its due to sex hormone changes in your body during that time mainly estrogen & FSH.
try to control your emotion by doing yoga- it acts like miracle. eyes closed & deep breathing in & out in the early morning makes you calm & control your sex steroid releasing hormones through hypothalamus.slow body twisting improves your circulation in lower abdominal organs.
for abdominal/breast pain-try to use home remedies like cold compress/ cold cod oil massage.
diet- raw onion and pumpkin seeds. flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil lavender and tea in the evening. try to have vegetables and fish- avoid meats.
**do not let your hormones to control your mind**
in severe cases, you may need medicines, consult your physician- we are always their to solve your problems.