Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PriyavrataYour feedback matters!
She is 2week pregnant now. We want 2 abort it. How can we abort it? I asked this question before, but forgot to tell date of menstrual period. The date was feb 22 or 23. Pls help doctor.
I and my partner were basically rubbing each other's genitals against each other for a while and we weren't planning on having sex. Although his head got into my hole for just a second or so. I pushed him immediately since I didn't feel right. 2. A) He did not cum. B) We aren't sure if there was pre cum. He had urinated several times before this by the way. And last ejaculation was more than 16 hours before so I think less chances of sperm presence as well. 3. I am just really worried. Could this lead to pregnancy? I have been freaking out. My last period was from 24th July to 5th August. This took place on the 9th. Since I'm so stressed my period might delay as well. I am unable to figure anything out. Please help. I repeat, contact of the head or tip of the penis with the vaginal hole was less than 2 seconds.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have been diagnosed with pcod. Was advised to lose weight. Have lost from 73 to 66 since January. So how will it help in pregnancy? Are the pcos dissolved because of my weight loss?
Every moment from the minute we are born, we are constantly inhaling and exhaling air. However, we rarely think twice about the quality of the air that we breathe. Ideally, we should be inhaling air rich in oxygen, but today, the air we breathe is contaminated with carbon dioxide, particulate matter etc. as a result of air pollution. Breathing this polluted air can be extremely detrimental to your overall health.
What is air pollution?
Air pollution can be defined as the introduction of gases, fumes and dust particles that distort the natural balance of elements in the air. Pollution in the air spreads easily and is difficult to avoid. These elements that pollute the air can be classified as primary and secondary pollutants. Primary pollutants are gases or particles, such as carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides etc. that are directly emitted into the air. Pollutants that develop as a result of interaction between primary pollutants in the air are known as secondary pollutants. Smog, such as what is enveloping the Northern India today is one of the most common examples of this type of air pollution.
How is it measured?
Air pollution is measured by measuring the amount of pollutants such as Carbon monoxide, Ozone, Nitrogen dioxide, particulate matter with a diameter less than 10 micrometres and particulate matter with a diameter of less than 2.5 micrometres. This data is collected through monitoring stations in various cities and measured in the form of micrograms or milligrammes per cubic meter. For carbon monoxide and ozone this reading is taken as an average concentration of pollutant over 8 hours while for others it is averaged against 24 hours. This can be seen online on India’s air quality index.
What is the significance of air quality index(AQI)?
The air quality index is a visual representation of pollutant levels in the air around you. A quick glance at this colour coded map can tell you if the air outside your home is likely to harm you or not. The code is broken down into 6 levels ranging from green that signifies minimal impact to red that marks pollution levels that can harm a healthy person and seriously impact those who are already ill. The higher the AQI, the higher the level of air pollution.
How does it affect your health?
Watery eyes, coughing and wheezing are the most common results of breathing polluted air. The risk of falling ill due to air pollution is dependent on the pollutant type and amount and duration of exposure to the polluted air. Heart disease and lung disease patients, pregnant women and children under the age of 14 are most vulnerable to diseases caused by air pollution. Air pollution can aggravate respiratory and cardiovascular illnesses, damage cells in the lungs and put the heart and lungs under additional stress to pump oxygen. Long-term exposure to polluted air can cause the lungs to age faster, lead to decreased lung capacity and functioning and can also result in the development of asthma, bronchitis and even cancer. It can also cause heart attacks and shorten the lifespan of a person.
How can you protect yourself against the ill effects of air pollution?
Looking at the AQI levels of your city every morning should become a habit for city dwellers. If the pollutant levels are excessively high, it is advisable to stay indoors. On an average, air pollution and day temperatures have a direct relationship. Hence, avoid scheduling outdoor activities for the afternoons. Avoid routes that have heavy traffic and try carpooling or walking, biking etc. In areas where it is not possible to escape the pollution, use a handkerchief or face mask over your nose and mouth to filter the air. Eating fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants can help strengthen your immune system and shield your body against the ill effects of air pollution.
Within your house, clean the air conditioner and heater filters regularly and vacuum the house often. On days when the AQI is low, open your windows and allow fresh air to circulate. Sheets and stuffed toys are magnets for particulate matter in the air and hence should be washed often. Do not burn trash or allow people around you to do so.
Air pollution is a big problem to tackle and in order to fight it, requires effort from each and every individual. Take a look at the amount of pollution you generate and try reducing it. Car pooling and using public transport are often the first steps towards reducing your carbon emissions. Wherever possible use hand powered or electrically powered equipment instead of gasoline powered ones. Simply stating that the air is polluted will not help; get involved with the efforts being made in your locality to clean up the sources of this pollution. Remember that if you do not do your bit to fight this menace, it is you that will be harmed by it.
I suddenly gained weight like in my breasts and butt thigh what does it mean im already a pcos patient and I had intercourse with my boyfriend but he did not ejaculate I had intercourse on 15th April (NOTE: I did not have my periods for 3 past three months BEFORE HAVING INTERCOURSE )so I guess I will not be pregnant even pls tell me. Some tips to have my period.
I am a working women. I have a 2 months child. I need to store my breast milk for my kid. How long can I store the milk in the fridge?
I am not able to conceive because my husband do not do sex regularly. He never feels the libido and excitement. What to do to boost his libido.
If I will sex with my wife in periods then what is chance of she will get pregnant and what is best time for sex for a baby and give me tips than I pregnant my wife.
Hi I'm 25yr old married women. How to calculate the ovulation time to get pregnant easy nd faster? or wt to do to get pregnant faster?
The watermelon seeds are full of health benefits. From snacks to soups, the utility of the seeds is limitless. In addition, the melon seeds are an excellent source of proteins (essential amino acids), vitamins (folate, thiamine and niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid), minerals (magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorous, and manganese) fatty acids. The advantages of melon seeds are immense and deserve a mention:
- Watermelon seeds for a younger looking skin: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid and oleic acid). These unsaturated fatty acids help to maintain the natural glow of the skin. In addition, the antioxidants present in the seeds slow down the skin aging. Thus, the skin appears younger, softer and healthier. It also takes care of many dermatological problems (skin infections, rashes, and to some extent even skin cancer).
- Watermelon seeds to combat diabetes: It is a proven fact that watermelon seeds help to keep diabetes at bay. Add some watermelon seeds (~ a handful) in one-liter water. Bring the mixture to a boil (~40-45 minutes). For better results, drink this liquid regularly.
- A boost to male fertility: Lycopene, a strong antioxidant, plays a significant role in enhancing the male fertility.
- Watermelon seeds for a sharp memory: People with a short memory or memory problems benefit immensely from watermelon seeds.
- Regulates blood pressure: Arginine present in watermelon seeds plays a significant role in regulating the blood pressure. It also plays a pivotal role in the prevention of coronary heart diseases.
- Get rid of dandruff: People with itchy scalp and dandruff can use watermelon seed oil for some relief.
- Rich source of proteins and amino acids: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of proteins and amino acids. Thus, it plays a significant role in strengthening the hair. The essential fatty acids go a long way to prevent extensive hair damage. Watermelon seeds are loaded with multivitamin B, ensuring a healthy immune and nervous system.
- Full of omega 6 fatty acids: The watermelon seeds are full of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids act as a shield, keeping the bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) level within limits. The lower level of LDL implies a lesser probability of cardiac and other heart ailments.
- Watermelon seeds: Drinking tea made of watermelon seeds is instrumental in maintaining a healthy heart. The magnesium present in the seeds aid in the stabilization of the metabolic processes, important for the proper functioning of the heart. The watermelon seed oil, known as the Kalahari oil, has excellent moisturizing properties and is often used as a skin moisturizer.
- Treat edema: In many cases, watermelon seeds are used to treat edema. A teaspoon of the melon seeds (dried and grounded) is mixed with a teaspoon of honey. The mixture is then added in a cup of water (lukewarm to warm, ~3/4th). The concoction is mixed well and consumed twice daily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.