Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priyata LalYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old suddenly my menstrual cycle stopped this month. I have also tested pregtest, came negative. Is this due to menopause.
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process. Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life:
1. Exercising the core muscles
This type of exercise aims at strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. An easy way to locate these muscles is to stop the flow of urine midway or to hold one's bladder when one needs to pee. Keeping the muscles contracted for a period of ten seconds and relaxing them completes one cycle. This exercise helps improve erection and control your orgasm better by strengthening the core muscles.
2. Exercising the supporting muscles
The second exercise involves pushups. Without this exercise, the other muscles might become tired and one may not be able to achieve sexual fulfilment. This exercise tends to improve the strength of one's abs, lower back, shoulder, chest, arms, legs and buttocks. The muscles in the aforementioned body parts are the supporting sex muscles which work together to make the act more fulfilling. A set of 10 or 20 pushups, three times a day is recommended.
3. Exercising to enhance flow of blood to all body parts
Rebounding on a mini trampoline for at least 10 minutes a day can improve one's sexual performance to a great extent. It is important that one engages in the act carefully so as to avoid injury or accidents. This exercise is both fun and easy. It helps to increase the circulation of blood to all areas of the body and helps to strengthen the pelvic, abdominal muscles, hip and leg muscles. This exercise also helps to overcome lethargy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 30 years old and 11 weeks pregnant. I am carrying twins and week 4 onwards I am having server vomiting. I was not able to keep anything not even water. With Drs. consultation I got admitted and was given drips and injected with medics such as zofer. After getting discharge from the hospital, 1 week it was ok but the prblm started again I again got hospitalized and given drips and injected with medic and discharged after three days and was given medicines like (pan40, zofer 8 mg, susten 300, Reglan, asprain, etc) again after a week the same prblm started and was admitted again and given drips and this time doc injected CORT-S (i was told its a steroid and is given bcuz m not responding to other medics). And was also asked to take WYSOLONE 40 mg (another steroid) , I haven't taken this medicine bcuz of being a high power steroids. Now again the same problem have started again with coughing. I am totally confused about the treatment I am getting and also feeling very very week, I have lost almost 12 kgs since the detection of pregnancy. Please help and guide.
Hello Dr. my monthly periods are for 5 days before but this time I have period for only 3 days. I want to is it normal? O m 35 years old please guide me. V.
I had my lmp on 13th october, thn on 12th nov only some spots of blood is seen but there is no flow of blood. On consultation I took meprate twice daily for 5 days and again on 8th dec only few drops of blood is seen but no proper flow of mensuration. Is there anything serious to be worried about? Kindly suggest.
Hello doctor, Due to emergency contraceptive pill I got my period 2 weeks earlier and now it's my 8th day but bleeding didn't stop. The flow is very little just like drops but it didn't stop. Should I go to doctor or wait for some more days?
She is worried that having sex during periods. It is safe or not What she can do? Her period is generally irregular.
I had sex with a girl on 8 april while last she had period on 5-6, and I haven't used condom while intercourse. Is there any chances of pregnancy. As I have heard that you can do sex with a girl without condom within 6 days before her period and at least 8 days after her period stops. Please guide me.
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures.Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am 19 year old and married on april 30 2016 and having continuous sex till today 19 July and having sperm but there is no signs of pregnancy instead I have periods on 3 or 4 date every month but this july I have periods on 12 july why is this so. And what about my pregnancy please suggest.
Is it possible if a pregnant woman see the face of someone, the same face will be obtain by a baby after delivery?
my gf had unprotected sex on 13 th march and she had an ipill with in 24 hrs and on 20th we again had sex but we thought of condom broke and she again had ipill on 21th now her period should be on 25 th but it didn't come is there any chance of pregnancy?
Today I had sex with her. But we are not satisfied. Cause her vagina was too loose that I can not do a good vaginal intercourse. How can she tight her vagina doctor? She is worried about it. Pls help.
Click on'consult' to help me with your diet/nutrition plans.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi doctor. I got married in 2014. But we were not ready for baby that time but after 2.5 years now we want to go for family planning. Please help me to understand what precautions and what all things we need to take care. We are trying from last one month but no positive response we are getting. My husband age is 32 and I am 28. Will there be any problem while pregnancy. Do we consult some specialist? Doc please help me. Our age is fine for family planning? Will there by any such problems like infertility. actually I am very tensed and not able to understand the reason after making 6-7 tries I have not got any positive response. That's why. please help me to understand what action or what are the important things that we need to take care. My periods are regular I mean it's not 28 cycle sometime it is 30 or 35 also but I used to get periods every monthly.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.
Is it safe to have sex without protection with your gf and later on giving ipil Will she get pregnant.
The incidence of gestational diabetes is on the rise. At present 10 to 17 percent of pregnant women are developing diabetes during pregnancy. The chances of this are more if the woman is obese or if she had gestational diabetes in her previous pregnancy or a big baby earlier or if there is a family history mother father or siblings of diabetes.
This can be prevented to a great extent if a woman has a healthy lifestyle. Exercising regularly and maintaining body weight before and during pregnancy will minimise the risks of having diabetes in pregnancy.