Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Priyanka
Submit a review for PriyankaYour feedback matters!
My son is 7 years old .the doctor prescribed him sizodon. The dose is not clear. Is it safe? Is it make habitual. He is suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
In spite of several reminders about the ill- effects of smoking, you might still be an unperturbed chain smoker. Smoking is one vice that not only ruins the health of your heart, lungs and brain, but it also damages your skin. The changes smoking can bring about are usually gradual and hence we tend to overlook. A peek into the effects of smoking on your skin may curb your urge to smoke henceforth.
- Smoking increases chances of a scaly skin: You may not be aware that puffing cigarettes can make you develop a serious skin condition. Scaly skin or Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disorder but the chances of contracting this disorder are increased with every pack of cigarettes you smoke. Psoriasis has severe impacts on the kind of life you live. It might lead to estrangement from friends and acquaintances, making you end up lonely and depressed. Studies reflect smoking a pack each day for twenty years at a stretch increases your risk of developing a scaly skin by sixty percent.
- Smoking leads to irregular sleep patterns: It is frequently noticed that despite a full night's sleep, a person feels tired and overworked. The reason could be a lack of nicotine during your hours of sleep. This lack makes you uneasy in bed. Lack of sleep is always evident in the quantity and quality of work a person does.
- Smokers can have bags under their eyes: Do you wonder why make- up tips fail in freshening up your appeal? It could be the result of your bad habit of smoking. Though dark circles and bags under eyes are not indicative of other essential problems, they do make you look exhausted and elderly. Instead of using cold compress to get rid of these bags, try quitting cigarettes.
- Smoking can cause persistent scars and bruises: Smoking prevents or rather delays the process of healing. Researches show how nicotine leads to vasoconstriction. It constricts the small blood vessels in different parts of your body prohibiting blood flow to these parts. Scars and bruises take a longer time to heal because the oxygen in your blood doesn't reach them.
- Smoking will make you lose your radiant skin: If you have a beautiful, glowing skin, prepare to bid farewell to that glow. An excess intake of nicotine deprives your skin of oxygen. Your skin looks dehydrated. Smoking also drains out important nutrients like Vitamin C which is known for its effects against skin damage.
A healthy skin is the easiest key to the secret of looking pretty and confident. Quit smoking and experience the wonderful effects.
I am lots off disturb. What I do. I do not knw. I am depressed. I want to suicide. From depression I have loan from higher rate of interest. So what can I do.
Hi am 34 yrs old male. I have problem of listening while small team meeting with my office mates and I unable to concentrate in any of the activities like work related or reading the newspaper and policies. Sometimes my mind is going somewhere when someone is discussing with their opinions. And most of the times my mind went blank or not function properly. Most of the times I struggle in taking right decision. I can't involved any activities continuously. I dono which thing is interested or suitable for me. Still am having confusion to select my profession. Interest is not coming in any other areas. I dono how to speak with others. Hope you understand my problems I need your advice to improve myself. Thanks in advance.
I am a 21 year old female I live in a hostel outside my house am totally alone I don't even have any friends am alone got failed in subjects in top of that am having a boyfriend who is really bad for me I am with him because I am all alone I want to get my life up right pls help should I consult an psychiatrist or psychologist? By the way am hypothyroidism patient but My thyroid levels are normal now.
Hello sir, my voice is nosily. So can't speak in clear voice. Pls suggest any treatment for clearly voice.
Is gastric problem cause of axiety or anxiety is acause of major gastric. How can we start first to treat because both of it I am suffring. So many time I visited doctor they sugested sum test like sgpt. Blood soogar. Thyroid. My sgpt is 87 and blood soogar 111fasting so they sugest paxy 12. 5and clonotril. 25 mg at bedtime but after taking this I feel sleepy and uncomfortable. So I tell him and he told me to countunue. What can you do ?
My work is in lab tecnician but my porblen last 6 month mamery loss in small small time. Exmple if i am going swarget but I goes to the shivajinagar.
My mom after the expiry of my elder brother is depressed and she is suffering from lots of problems. She always have negative thoughts about the death of her family members and thinking of remaining alone. After counselling also no recovery is observed if you have any idea please share.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech. Delayed speech is sometimes caused from hearing defect also. A deaf child is always dumb. Before we jump into conclusion of delayed speech, hearing assessment is mandatory.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.