Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanka
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. PriyankaYour feedback matters!
My gf is 1 week late so she checked in on pregnancy kit and the result was negative. But I have a fear that the pregnancy kit is showing wrong data. Any help.
I am 31 years old and 4 months pregnant and I am suffering from serious lower backache from last 5 days I consulted a doctor but he simply said we can't give you high dose due to pregnancy. But I am in a serious problem I am not able to move and can't sleep.
I am married. I am trying to conceive for 8 years. Yet to no success. I am having irregular periods. I have tired ivf and iui too. Please help me what to do.
Loss of sensation refers to numbness in a particular or several areas of the body. Individuals suffering from the condition becomes incapable of feeling touch, temperature, pain, and vibration in the affected regions of the body. When this happens, it may lead to issues with balance, walking, driving and coordination which makes them more susceptible to injuries. If numbness is present for a long span of time, it may cause a host of issues. Such people are not able to notice infections, ulcers, and injuries since they are not able to feel pain at all which in most cases leads to further complications.
How does the pathway for sensation work?
In order to feel the normal sensations, the sensory receptors are supposed to detect the information in as well as around the body. These receptors should send the signal through the sensory nerves and the nerve roots which are formed by joining together the sensory nerves into thick and short branches. It may also reach through the brain stem and to the area of the brain which is in charge of perceiving and interpreting the sensory signals.
What are the causes of partial or complete loss of sensation?
- Different conditions can lead to numbness, and they may include:
- Blocking or reducing the supply of blood to the nerves present in the body resulting from a stroke
- Damage in the pathway for sensation which may result from sudden injuries or hereditary problems affecting the nerves called Friedriech ataxia.
- Compression in the pathways of the nerve or infection in the nerve which typically occurs in HIV infection or Lyme disease
- Metabolic abnormalities which occur in high blood sugar, vitamin B12 deficiency, and arsenic poisoning.
Sometimes, excessive pressure on various parts of the neural pathway may lead to loss of sensation. When a person repeats the same movements over and over again, it leads to internal swelling which may cause partial or complete loss of sensation. Herniation or rupture of the disk in the spine can cause osteoarthritis or narrowing of the passageway of the spinal cord. Lastly, an injury or a tumor or formation of pus near the spinal cord may result in this condition as well.
What are the treatment options for partial or complete loss of sensation?
When the sensations are impaired, the treatments for the problem depends on the cause of the problem. For instance, if an individual suffers from diabetic neuropathy, it is crucial to bring down the blood sugar levels by treating with insulin. Sometimes, doctors also recommend painkillers for treating abnormal sensations. One must also practice careful and proper foot care which also includes cutting the toenails in a podiatrist's office. But in case a pinched nerve or sciatica is the cause of impaired sensation, surgery can help in relieving the conditions to a great extent.
Thus, a loss of sensation is not to be overlooked and a doctor is to be consulted at the earliest to avoid complications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir, I am 30 years old female. After 6 years of marriage I have been conceived now through donor IUI since my husband's sperm count was very low. Currently I am two months pregnant. Does masturbating now affect my baby? Does it harm baby? My doctor has told me not to have intercourse for 4 months but I wanted to know whether masturbation affects or not. Kindly help me.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.