Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanka
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PriyankaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I'm 4 month pregnant and today morning suddenly I had a bleeding. I use to have this problem before also and use to take injection and vaginal tablet but almost after 25 days I got bleeding again. Past two days I travel little distance might be because of that or it is a risk. Please advice I'm so worried. This is my first pregnancy.
We are trying for a second baby. My Wife LMP: 10/07/2017. Ovulation period Completed on 07/21/2017 to 07/26/2017. We are Still having sex with my partner. In this moments any causes pregnancy problems? Can you help me out.
Hello madam Dr. ne mujhe tab Ovigyn dsr and tab Q gold f diya hai, last period maine 29 June ko dekha tha pr abhi tak mujhe period nahi aaya hain, pichhle 8 din mujhe lower abdomen pain, thakawat, back ache aur lo fever tha, pr abhi aisa kuch nahi hain. Kya medicine ke karan period nahi aa raha hain ya maine conceive kiya hain kuch pta nahi chal raha hai. please help me.
Preterm Labor and Birth
Good Evening. I'm Dr. Lata Bhat. I'm a Neonatology and I take care of the developmental problems of children. So today I want to talk a bit about pre-term babies who're born before 36 weeks. Normal babies are born from 37-40 weeks of gestation after the mother becomes pregnant and babies who're born before 36 weeks have some problems. Babies who're born from 34-36 weeks donot have that much problem but those who're born before 34 weeks, especially those born below 28 weeks have lot of problems and especially babies who're less than 1.5kg or less than 1kg. But in good centers in India, like my center also, we do save babies, about 600 or 700 or 800gm babies and also thos born in about 25-26 weeks of gestation and there is a success rate of about 90%.
Now, globally about 15 million babies are born pre-term and out of this 25% are born in India. So imagine the burden of pre-term babies in India and the facilities that exist in India are abysmal as compared to the number of babies who're born pre-term, and we've to remember out of all the number of deliveries about 12.5% are born pre-term which is a huge number. About 27 million babies are born annually and out of this about 3.6 million babies are born pre-term.
So now considering the problem all the prospective parents and everybody should know what causes prematurity. Because however much educated a gynecologist maybe or a pediatrician maybe there is no full proof method to predict or prevent it but there are certain factors which contributes more to prematurity. So early recognition and timely transfer to higher center with better facilities is very important. Now in India it happens due to complex factors, it happens in poor people as well as rich people. Pregnancy in adoloscent people, whose womb is no yet ready to take babies or if the mother is underweight, there are recurrent infections in the mother, under-nutrition or impropoer nutrition, then substance abuse by the mother, in vitro fertilisation, if the mother has diabetes during pregnancy, mother has uncontrolled blood pressure during pregnancy, infections during pregnancy, especially urinary tract infection or genital infection, Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
These are the conditions where we can definitely predict that baby can be born pre-term, and also in case of multiple pregnancies, especially if the mother has twins or triplets then risk of pre-term birth is more. Now stress also leads to pre-term birth. In the current lifestyle there is stress, everybody is career oriented so we're facing a lot of infertility, people are taking treatment for infertility, having in vitro fertilisation that is also leading to pre-term birth. Now, once we know there are a lot of factors how do we prevent it. First is prevention then comes treatment. For prevention, as I told you before conception we've to think that mother's nutrition should be good, she should be well nourished, mother's age should be appropiate, she should not be a teenager or an adolescent, that is more than 22-23yrs of age. Then pregnancy planning, birth spacing, then we've to think about preventing sexually transmitted diseases, we've to give vaccines which are recommended for adoloscents, then genetic counselling, screening for diabetes, if there is substance abuse you've to stop it, stop smoking, prevent stress and all these things. And also proper ante-natal care by a proper gynecologist where they screen for everything and do regular ultrasound examination of the mother and they train the mother to handle the pregnancy well
Now, despite doing everything if we're not able to avoid pre-term labour then one has to plan to deliver at a center where there are facilities, there is trained new born consultant who'll be attending the delivery and they have all the facilities to take care of the baby after birth. And supposing if sill the baby is born in a center where there are no facilities then a proper transport should be arranged. We should not just pick up the baby and shift to a center because temperature mainatainance is very important, we've to take care the baby is getting continuous glucose, baby is receiving oxygen and is properly transported. Even during transport if these things are not taken care of the baby's brain development can be affected. If transient dip of oxygen, even for a few seconds or for few minutes if the baby is not receiving any glucose or if there is very rigorous transport the baby can suffer haemorrahage in the brain.
So new born babies, especially a pre-term babies can be very very delicate and so transport should be done in a proper manner and then once you've gone to a center where they're saving babies, you've to first maintain the temperature, take care of the breathimg, if require breathing support, if require oxygen then maintanance of blood sugar, prevention of infections, hen regular screening to lok for the eye problems, brain problems and once the baby survives at the time of discharge these babies may stay in a hospital for a long time and after discharge you should listen carefully to what the doctor is telling because a proper follow up is what will give a quality outcome in the long run. Because we just don't want to save lives and give them long term problems like hearing, speech, vision or physical disability.
All these are preventable and to a certain extent correctable. If you follow properly the pediatrician and if possible the developmental pediatrician. So that's very important. So the take home message is try to prevent pre-term birth by knowing the factors which cause it and if its inevitable get your delivery done in a center that has facilities to take care of the pre-term babies and after the baby survives follow up all the instructions given by your doctor and pediatrician.
So, if you've any further doubts related to a pre-term baby or any baby you can consult me through librate.com where we can chat or telephonic conversation or you can contact me at Child Developmental Clinic which is at Poorvanchal Plaza, Shop No-106, Mayur Vihar, Phase-2.
I have been given to understand that a medicine by the name of R88 (homeopathy stream) can be taken to prevent swine flu. How correct is this information?
I feel irritation and cut in my vagina after sex .lubricant not create in my vagina when I was in tension .what is the reason behind of the pain.
I hav pcod. Using clomid for 3 cycles my husband reports are fine. My Amh, lh,fsh, levels are fine. Done hsg this month reports are normal, bt I'm not conceiving. What's the problem.
Hiii doctor. I have a pcod syndrome. I have joined gym for last one week and lost 2 kg weight. Today my menstrual cycle came after two months so my question is that should I continue aerobics and gym in my menstrual cycle or stop and also tell that should I take some home remedy so that I got full flow of bleeding aur let it came natural. please advice.
I am a 26-year old female (5 feet 2 inches tall) and have recently gained around 5 kilos and now weigh 60 kgs, post marriage. I am also losing hair like crazy. Is their a change in diet needed?
Hello I am 20 years old suffering from PCOD. Due to which a small lump has occurred beneath my left breast. Dr. says it is a fibroma and not a cancer lump still I face chest pain regularly. please suggest me some do's & do not's to get rid of these problem.
Hi sir, I got married 1 year back with my uncles daughter (Maradalu). Ours is MANARIKAM. She got a pregnant 3 months back but last month d pregnancy was removed because d baby didn't get d HEART BEAT and also there is no growth of baby. So please tell me d caring about that v r trying for next time.
I had sex with my boyfriend. I had pill on 1 day again next day we did n then again I took pill. After having it from next day m feeling weakness n then periods had to start 3 days after that it has also not started some bleeding was there but periods did not started. still weakness is there what should I do? Is this because of the side effects of taking 2 pills? Will my periods start? Is there anything to worry? Will I be pregnant? Please guide me for the best possible solution.
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition. Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Am married last 3 months back. So my problem is I have a pcod poblem so want to get my pregnancy so is their any tablet to get pregnant. My mother in law and husband irritating me. And talking always about the children's. I get so frustration. And I will be upset please help me any doctor.
I am 23 years old, my period have got delayed .Due to that I am experiencing mood swings and irritation and itching in my lower waist portion .What should I do and or these could be the symptoms of pregnancy?
Hi, I didn't get my period this month. I checked with preganews kit and got positive result. So now I need to confirm by doctor, am I really pregnant or not? One doctor suggested after 2 month you do sonography then you will get to know whether you are pregnant or not. But I asked my elders they said, a good gyaconolist will let you know in one month whether you are pregnant or not by doing your urine test or blood test.
I am 32 week pregnant and baby is in breech position. Is this mean baby has some abnormality? What can I do for this?
I am 29 years old, 59 kgs, 10 weeks pregnant. What should be my food habits and what type of raw or dry fruits should I take? Is it good to take honey during pregnancy? please sir/ mam, suggest ne.
Infertility: Causes and Treatment
I am Dr. K.D. Nayar. I’m a senior consultant and head of the department at Akanksha IVF center, Mata Chanan Devi Hospital. This center is there since 2002, more than 15 years. Right now we’re doing almost 700 to 800 IVF cycle every year with the success rate of 40 to 45 percent. Basically, infertility is affecting nearly 15 percent of the population that means one in every six couples is infertile and when we look at the causes of infertility 30 percent is reason because is in the wife, 30 percent is in the husband and 30 percent causes are in both the husband and wife and 10 percent are unexplained. Whenever we get a patient with infertility we have to first investigate them and find out what is the cause of infertility.
Generally speaking 5 percent of the patients land up in the IVF cycle. In a IVF cycle, before starting IVF cycle we have to check the husband’s profile, husband’s seminal traces, whether the husband got any problem in ejaculation or erection. He must be able to produce a normal semen sample. Once we have the husband’s profile then we will investigate along with that we investigate the wife and then we start the IVF treatment.
IVF treatment, basically we give injection to the wife, around 10 to 12 days to produce more number of eggs. We monitor her with ultrasound; see how the follicles are growing. Once the eggs are ready we take out this eggs through a very small procedure through vagina only, no cuts. We take out the eggs at the same time we take the husband’s semen, put them together in a dish, fertilize it. All this process is being done in our IVF labs.
If the husband’s semen count or motility is poor then we can catch hold of one sperm individually and inject into egg itself this is called ICSI. Once we have mixed these sperms and eggs, we leave it in the incubator and observe the further process of fertilization. We check next day they become two cell, day two they should become four cell and so on, they’re growing.
Generally speaking, we like to take them to day five when they become blastocyst and then we have the transfer. Embryo transfer is also a very simple procedure, done without anesthesia. It hardly take 3 to 4 minutes. So, that will be the most vital step in the procedure and patient has to be reassured that there is no pain limitation. There is no obligation to the patient, there is no side effect to the patients general health. Once we do embryo transfer there after 15 days we check whether this embryo is implanted or not. That is a brief summary of the ideal procedure IVF or ICSI which we are doing generally in our center.
You can contact me through lybrate. Our whole team is there to help you in your endeavor to achieve pregnancy.