Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanka Badalia
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka BadaliaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from multiple fractures due to less vitamin d. But now my vitamin d is normal. Is there any treatment to have fracture free bones and repair of fractured bones.
Sciatica pain can be mild to intense. Many with lumbar herniated disc and sciatica often wonder whether or not they require a surgery. Needless to say, it is never an easy decision. But the good news is that micro discectomy surgery has a higher rate of success when it comes to relieving sciatica pain. When compared to many other options, this one is relatively minimally invasive. It doesn’t alter the structure of the spine permanently since it works by removing a small portion of the disc, which has herniated or extruded out of the disc.
When your sciatica pain stems from lumbar disc herniation, a small open surgery with the help of magnification is the prevalently opted surgical approach. On the other hand, a laminectomy is done when the bone or disc pinching the nerve root is required to be removed.
When should you consider undergoing surgery for sciatica?
Typically, neurosurgeons recommend considering surgery for sciatica in a host of situations which include the following:
- Severe pain in the leg lingering for more than six weeks, which mainly affects one side of the leg or buttock
- Intense pain in the low back and buttock, which continues through the course of the sciatic nerve andextends to the lower leg and even foot. This pain can be described as sharp and searing rather than a dull thud.
- When pain has not alleviated even after non-surgical treatments that may include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),oral steroids, injections, manual manipulations, and physical therapy
- When the patient is not able to take part in the day to day activities due to intense lower back pain and the symptoms tend to become severe during movements like sneeze and cough.
- When the symptoms are continuing to worsen, thereby indicating nerve damage, particularly when the progressive signs have their root in neurological issues
- It is important to note here that surgical intervention may only be needed when the patient experiences progressive weakness in the lower portion of the body or sudden loss of bladder or bowel movement, which may stem from cauda equina syndrome. Two surgeries, namely lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy are performed on the basis of the cause as well as the duration of the sciatica pain.
- In some cases, the symptoms are unique on the basis of the underlying causes of sciatica. For instance, trying to bend the body backward or walking a longer distance than normal may trigger unbearable symptoms. On the other hand, when the affected individual tries to bend the body forward, it can lead to symptoms stemming from the lumbar herniated disc.
- In case sciatica occurs after an accident, injury or trauma, or if it happens in tandem with other symptoms, then it requires an immediate medical attention.
Thus, choosing to go for a surgery depends on several factors that only your doctor can assess and decide upon. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My spine isn't straight a tilt in my spine but I like a straight spine I don't like bend spine so I want to know how can I get a straight spine? I also want a Strong backbone.
Am 21 years old male After I work out, I feel very pain in all over my arms, legs, and abdomen. Is this normal? What causes this?
Doctor before 7 years I had spinal cord injury at L2 ,L3 level. And I was at bed rest .now can I marry. Will I have infertility problem.
She is having leg pain in the thys of her right leg at alternate days what could be the precautions taken?
Hello Sir, I am suffering from pain in Thigh while walking, in staircase from last two days. Please assist me on this. Thanks, Nirmal.
I am 21 years old female. Everyday in night when I am going for get sleep, my right hand and right leg are start paining. It was started about 6/7 month ago. What should I do ?
If you have recently experienced pain and inflammation in the joints, then it could be a symptom of rheumatoid arthritis, which doesn’t subside on its own. This can lead to swelling and excessive pain along with stiffness and deformities in the affected area and can sometimes interrupt your regular routine as it limits your movement. This mainly affects people aged over 40 years, but this doesn’t imply that it cannot occur among young people. And if you are suffering from such a condition, then you can seek refuge in homeopathic treatments.
Why you should opt for homeopathic treatment?
Though most people are running after allopathic treatment these days, homeopathic treatment is far more effective since it uproots the cause of the joint ache and stiffness and helps you lead a happy and healthy life. Furthermore, it is 100% natural, meaning that the medications would not lead to any kind of ill effects in the future. Some of the most useful homeopathic treatments for joint pain include the following:
- Causticum for joint pain leading to deformities: If you are feeling weak to an extent that you are barely able to walk, then causticum can be of help. Sometimes it can lead to restlessness at night, with the restlessness particularly centred on the leg as the tendons tend to contract, causing acute pain as well as deformities. There can be loss of sensation owing to excessive pain, and it becomes nearly impossible to hold anything firmly.
- Caulophyllum: This is especially a remedy for woman, implying that the medicine is effective in treating the joint stiffness, pain and other allied symptoms found among women. If your toes and hands are affected with erratic and severe pain which shifts from one place to another in a short span of time, then you may have to take this medication.
- Colchicum: If you have been suffering from joint aches for a long time, then this homeopathic remedy would work well for you. The drawing nature of the pain is known to affect important tissues like synovial membranes and periosteum along with muscular tissues, and all the parts appear swelled up and inflamed. The pain becomes excruciating and the patient cannot allow the affected place to be touched. There is also a feeling as if the fingers are being pinned, making the rest of the hand numb.
These are some of the best known medications for the treatment of joint pain, though it is always recommended to ask an expert to know what would work best in alleviating your symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!