Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old and I have been suffering from repeatedly cough and cold problem for a long time please suggest me something what to do for this.
Hi I'm suffering from TB from 2 months and I'm starting treatment when I suffer from this all things are normal now but my 'Khasi' was not gone. Ab khasi kam hai par cough are come in yellow color and today in early morning some red and yellow cough are come please give some syrup for 'KHASI' and what can I take meal in this situation. And I'm working in voice process so can I continue voice process it did not harm to TB.
Hello, I have a very serious issue. Please help. whenever my husband and me do lips kiss than after that my husband and my self feels very cough in throat. My husband feels very pain in throat and when spit his cough then some blood comes with cough. And he feels very uncomfortable. Please provide solution for it .and which tests we have to do for proper treatment. Please guide.
I always have cold and cough throughout the year. What is the solution to get rid of this. Which food (vegetable only) I have to take to recover from it. I have also dust allergy. Whether I can take banana (Mysore banana), Ice cream, butter milk etc.
I am 21 year old male and I am suffering from TB from 1 and a half month . I am addicted in drinking and smoking but I had left when I heard of TB in me. Can I drink alcohol once in 2 month because of habit.
My mom is thyroid patient and her cough is going on increasing day by day as she had eaten crud day before yesterday, she had also taken two times oxygen due to breath problem, she is also have a blood pressure. Please tell me how she will be cure and tell me the best medicine.
What are the symptoms of critical asthma for a person in age groups of fifteen to twenties. How to cure it.
From one week I m suffering from cold. Every morning I feeling My nose full of cough and as the day passes it becomes ok.
Hello sir ,gd evng ,I am suffering with sinus (when I suffered with cold ,I got headache also at one side only ),it is very hard to archive it on daily duty ,soo please help me sir how can I reduce my problem with simple tricks.
Suffering from severe cough and cold and really become difficult to pass last night Just got in 1 day and worst in night even when I am taking montelukast from last few days nasal spray flomist is also not working and not getting relief. Lips are also drying and itching please suggest which medicine to take Thanx.
I am suffering from Continuous dry cough for 1week, severe headache, cold fever can't breathe freely tried many medicine but no relief pls tell me the remedy.
I am 21 years old girl and I am suffering from frequent cold and cough since last two months. At night, also I feel pain in my throat. Coughing is very intense due to which I am not able to sleep at night. Please tell me the accurate disease and medication.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.