Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Priya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My aunty have irregular periods she is about 23 years old. Pls advise home remedies. Pls help.
I got my periods on 18th july n ended on 21st july. And then on I inserted multiload on 26th july and after that some of the red clotting is cuming? Can I know why this is so?
Hi i am 26 years old female. I got pregnant and I took mefipristone and misoprostole. Everything went normal and I got my periods next month. Now I feel pain during intercourse. Even after a week of my last day of period I am still bleeding though just in very little amount. What shall I do?
Hi, I've a 5 month baby. I think that my breast milk supply is not enough for my baby. So I want to know how I can increase my breast milk supply. Means what food I should take or anything else to increase breast milk?
We had sex one week after taking pregnancy removal medicine she had periods one week ago and we forgot to use condom can she get pregnant again.
What will happen if I take misoprostol without being pregnant please tell me about the side effects.
Erection not happening from last 10 days .need to have immediate solution on this as we are planning for baby.
My wife has consulted a doctor before. But her curd like white discharge does not stop completely. She was on medication tab fluconzole. please tell me a proper medication.
I have already taken an i-pill twice in a year. Now me and my boyfriend had an unprotected sex 2 days back. We do not know that anything has happened or not. But we do not want a child. So is it okay if I take i pill again? Will it cause me issues in future pregnancy?
My LMP was 10 may and continued till 18 may. And suddenly light bleeding started from 23 may and going on. I am not taking any kind of pills.
Hi I have to ask a question about the Problems in My Pregnancy My Height is 5 ft 4 inch with exact weight of 53.5 kg as of 26 Jul 2015, in the 9th Week. Major Problems: Bitter Mouth (I'm unable to Eat and I'm on Liquids only) Excessive omitting - (Usually appears after 10 mins of eating) Is it Hyper-TSH See Below? Weight Loss HyperThyrodism is tested Positive and" PTU" is been prescribed. Minor Issues I'm not Thalsemnic. Means I am not prone to Thalsemnia.(As told by my Gyaneck) Sonography is Ok & Normal report dated 16 Jul 2015 LMP: 23 May 2015 & EDD: 27 Feb 2015 TSH Values: For" Free T3 = 3.61 pg/ml" &" Free T4 = 2.11 ng/dl" (Report dated: 22-07-2015) Medications Prescribed: Since 23 June 2015 Injections Taken Antacid: REGLAN IV, EMESET, RANTEC at Different Intervals Syrups Antacid: Digene Syrup Tablets & Vitamins Vitamins: FOURTE, SysFol (Folic Acid) Anti-Vomit: ONDEM MD 4 Kindly Assist me Please
Hi, I was using oviduct nc dc alone from 3rd day onwards. Today 13th day I went fr follicular study. Dominant follicle on l.o of 14 mm in length, endometrium 4.5 mm. So can I use estradiol valerate nw to increase thickness of endometrium. please suggest.
I am nine months pregnant. Three weeks when I had blood diagnosis, the hemoglobin value was 8.2 and the RBC count was 2.9millions/cmm. My doctor has suggested orofer-s injection taken via NS. Now the haemoglobin value has gone down to 7.8 and the RBC are 2.6 What could be the reason for the decrease? What is the intended purpose of orofer-s injection? Should I be worried?
I am 22 years old girl and i'm having vaginal itching again and again since 3 months what should I do? I have taken a lot of medicine but no solution comes out please suggest me some medicine or natural home remedies.
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?