Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Bansal
Submit a review for Dr. Priya BansalYour feedback matters!
Hi, my girlfriend just got out with urine infection and her stomach is swelling and 15 days before she tested with prega news and the result was -ve, is there any chance she might be pregnant. And we didn't have unprotected sex. She is having PCOS also. She is getting fever also and fever comes and goes. She is having cold also. And stomach ache also she is having. 13th of this month sge used to gt periods but she didn't get it. Is there any chance she might be pregnant?
I got my periods on 24th day but it lasted for only 2 days but it was an heavy bleeding. Then on 3rd day again I bleed fr half a day. So is it normal?
Meri cesarian delivery 44 days hui hain. Humne 3 din pehle sex kiya, koi protection nahi liya. Ab main kya karu. Koi medicine lene parengi kya? Kya pregnancy ayegi? please suggest me.
My mum's 50 years old and sometimes when she wake up she cannot walk because of a painful sensation in her ankles. What could be the reason and how do I cure it?
Women's day special on understanding women
As the world celebrates international women's day on every month march 8th, should rightly begin with every household where men is not possible without the divine creature of extraordinary species called women in which she takes various avatars in her lifetime like daughter wife mother grandmother as such. As she has all equal contribution in the society as well in the development of the nation and globe. Like men, women require a lot of attention, love, care and support. It is only natural that at times they seek a little more in return from a relationship. Few basic ethiquette are:
Love : of course one doesn't need to be a women to look for love however women just love to feel loved. It is not that a woman doesn't know that her man loves her, it is nice to remind her how much frequently.
Respect and space : many women have to demand for respect and space as they don't get enough of them from their elders and loved ones. When it comes to career women need more support than men.
Listening and understanding : it is important for women to have a man who understands them. It is also important for women to help the man in their life understand how to listen. And this requires good communication with mutual solution together.
Appreciation : sometimes in a relationship men take their partners for granted. A man must keep reminding his women that whatever she has done for him and does for him in the future and he is grateful and will continue to be. A man must appreciate even the minutest of his partner's efforts. As women want to feel valued. Which gives them sense of satisfaction that she is special for him.
Security and commitment : this may sound intense, but this is the basic requirement of any human being who has emotions. Women just want assurance that their sheer investment of time soul and a whole lot of emotions into a relationship is not going to wasted just like that.
And finally women expects men to be good in communicating, a man who is honest, a man who is emotionally stable, and a man who will compromise like someone who can compromise and say I was wrong'when the time is right.
Some people shy away from the concept of counselling because of a lot of stereotypes and judgements associated with it. Many people believe that going to a counsellor means something is wrong with you. However, that is not the whole truth. Counselling helps you in organizing your life and thoughts and this further helps you in making beneficial and positive choices in your life and career.
Counselling for your personal life
Counselling can go a long way in enriching your life and also helps you in moving forward on a positive and successful path. It can help you:
- Feel less lonely- Since you do not know the counsellor personally, you won’t feel awkward talking about your problems and thoughts which you normally do not share with your family and friends due to the fear of judgement. Doing this makes you feel a lot better and helps you in dealing with your problems.
- You get to see everything in a different light- When you go through something in your life and keep it to yourself, it sometimes causes you to see everything from an one-dimensional and pessimistic perspective. But when you talk to someone about it, it might help you see the same problem from a different viewpoint. In some cases, a new take on your problem can make you tamp down its intensity, unlike how you perceived it initially.
- Release of emotions- Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea since it can make you feel depressed and anxious. Opening yourself up and talking about your problems freely can be a very relieving experience which can make you feel ten times better and happier.
- Sharing your experiences and burdens- Having that one person who will always listen to you and your difficulties without any judgements ensures that you stay mentally and psychologically happy.
- Counselling helps a lot in creating self-awareness- Scrutinizing and discussing your thoughts and emotions with your counsellor can make you greatly aware of yourself and your character. The moment you realize which path to take, everything will become clear to you and provide you with the much needed peace of mind.
Counselling for your professional life
Counselling doesn’t just help you personally but can also help you a lot professionally. It can do so in the following ways:
- Counselling rids you of confusion- If you are confused about which direction to take in your career, go to a counselor and he will help you get clarity. He will steer you in the right direction by going through your educational qualifications and then guiding you through the prospective career options.
- Helps you understand your strengths and weaknesses- Education counsellors can help you understand your strong points and well as weak points and make a plan for your career accordingly. This will help you figure out the road you need to take and the ones to avoid viz-a-viz your career.
- Assists you with your job searches- If you are looking for jobs, counsellors can make your job searching a whole lot easier. They will help you with your research, preparing documents such as cover letters and resumes.
- Provides mental and emotional support- Building your career and looking for jobs can sometimes be an emotionally draining process. Counselling can help you keep a calm and level head. Counsellors can play a very big part in boosting your morale by providing you with the much needed motivation and support.
- Helps you in dealing with problems in the workplace- in case you are going through any problems in your office, you can talk about it with your counsellor. He or she will help you understand the situation and give tips so that you can find a solution for the same.
Counselling has numerous benefits that can help you in so many ways in making your life better. Having a clear and peaceful mind is a crucial part of being happy in life. So, if you are going through any difficulty don’t hesitate in reaching out to a counselor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!