Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priti GuptaYour feedback matters!
My monthly cycle is irregular I get my periods once in 4 months also I am gaining weight also I have swelling on face.
I have 2 years old baby girl. Her vagina is closed. I want to know is it normal or not? Please advise.
His wife is not interested in sex due to being too religious. She feel guilty to have sex with her husband . What is the solution? Please tell.
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.
One of the common personal problem in college girls is uti (urinary track infection) female are more prone to have uti compared to male. Personal hygiene, premarital sex, uretric stone like obstructing pathology etc can cause recurrent utl.
Symptoms are fever, dysurea, increased frequency of urine, back pain etc. Patients must contact the doctor as early as possible because if not treated properly it can cause many complications.
Being a virgin is a very relative term. While for some it may mean having penetrative sex (which would entail the hymen being torn) and for others it might be when you have been physically intimate with another man, even without having sex. Whatever the criteria, know that your husband may never know if you have had sex before — unless of course, you tell him.
This is because a woman’s hymen is a very delicate tissue that covers the opening of the vagina. While for some women it completely covers the opening of the mouth of the vagina, in some it may partially cover it and in others it may be absent. Apart from that, the hymen may also tear due to activities like running, swimming, cycling, certain stretching exercises and in some cases, even walking fast. You may also like to read about virginity tests for women– are they accurate?
Also, if you bleeding the first time you have sex is his indicator of your virginity, know that it is not necessary that it’ll happen with everyone. Some women don’t bleed. You may also like to read — do all virgins bleed the first time they have sex?
So, do not worry on that front.
As for the hymen repair options. There is a procedure where a surgeon can stitch a hymen back in place over our vagina. Known as a hymenoplasty, this procedure takes a day to perform and you will need a significant amount of time to recover.
I am 30 years old monthly period will come and first day and second day more blood fall now a days why.
I would like to know when will my first period starts after having 21 days of birth control pills. Will iT take more than a week to start the period after having it?
Hi Dear Sir/Madam, my mother is suffering form uterus infection, she went for urine routine test, that report shown she have some puss cells, after that we consulted one doctor she gave cream and l tablets for vagina and other tablets for her. Now my mother is so afraid of this what we can do madam. Please tel me some remedy, awaiting for your reply.
I am going to be 49 and have been having irregular heavy periods and also have fibroids. Should I just ignore the condition and wait for menopause to happen? I am also hypothyroid for the last 23 years.
Iam 23 yrs old girl iam facing problem of white discharge called Leucorrhoea and due this I have constant pain in my backbone but this is in white color and doesnot possesses smell or itching or bulging nothing like that, but when I use to get back pain I use to have large amount of white discharge, how to get rid of this problem.
Hello Doctor I want to know that does the seal of a girl break by fingerings and she doesn't remain virgin. Please tell me.
Am married since 3 yrs. I have pcos and thyroid disease on medication. On April, I took tomexfein tab and followed by inj hmg 7 times then inj hcg 10000u . I developed ohss on beginning of may. Then I stop medication. On 26th of may my period came. On June I missed my period. I had some symptoms like morning sickness and dizzy. I did urine pregnancy test twice and one blood test all negative. On 26th of July should my period come but I missed it. I still have dizziness and morning Sickness but I didn't do pregnancy test. So can I be pregnant?
Jan 11 I had sex with my man and I thought I was pregnant but got my periods on Jan 29th but it was very heavy bleeding. Now it's March 3rd I still haven't got my periods. Thing is we did not have sex after Jan 11th. I was supposed to get my periods on Feb 28th. I have mild cramps but I'm late and confused coz I get my periods on time. Help!
People who have healthy sex life are not only happier but also healthier than those who don't. Here are 9 health benefits you never knew sex can provide -
1) Rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) Lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) Great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) Lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) Reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) Improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) Relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) Reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) Helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
An arteriovenous fistula or AV fistula is a connection between the artery and vein made by a vascular surgeon at the time of hemodialysis. Hemodialysis is a treatment for kidney failure that involves a machine called dialyzer to filter the blood and remove the toxins. In order to gain a safe and easy access to the blood system during hemodialysis, the AV fistula is essential.
An AV fistula is placed in the upper arm and it causes extra pressure and extra blood to flow into the vein, thereby making it stronger and larger.
Benefits of AV Fistula
- Lower complication rates
- Less prone to injection or blood clotting
- Enables greater blood flow
- Relatively less expensive to maintain with a longer lifespan
Types of Fistula for Dialysis
All AV fistulas are created from the native blood vessels of the body, without any synthetic materials. The surgical process is quick and simple and requires a maturation time, in order to enable an increase and thickening of vessel walls.
- Radial Cephalic Fistula – This access involves a connection of the radial artery and cephalic vein. It is the hardest to create and has a lower blood flow than the other types. Typically the first choice for hemodialysis access, the radial cephalic fistula at the wrist is recommended.
- Brachial Cephalic Fistula – It is the easiest fistula that can be created by connecting the upper arm cephalic vein to the brachial artery. This access allows for a higher blood flow since the blood vessels in this part of the body are relatively larger. Also, it is easier to cannulate or introduce a tube into the vein, with a larger possible selection of cannulation sites.
- Brachial Basilic Fistula – This access is more complex to create and typically considered when multiple access procedures have failed previously. It requires the vein to be elevated and transposed in order to enable easy access. A mobilized vein from a deep location is connected to a superficial tunnel.
How does the AV Fistula Work?
Before surgery is done to insert the fistula, the surgeon may perform a vessel mapping test to analyze blood vessels and determine the best blood vessels to use. Once the surgery is performed, the fistula needs 2 to 3 months to mature and accustomed to the body before it can be used for hemodialysis.
At the start of the dialysis, the patient or healthcare provider inserts two needles into the access. One needle referred to as the arterial needle carries the blood from the body to the dialyzer machine. The dialyzer performs the kidney’s function to filter out the toxins and then it returns the filtered blood through another tube. The other venous needle carries the filtered blood back to the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!