Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pritam PankajYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old male. I have dark marks and shadow on my face. I used many creams but all were not worked. Please give me advise for it.
Whenever I use dye to color my hair, the very next day I start coughing and sneezing. I have tried many dyes bue the same result occurred. Can you suggest me a safe hair dye?
Ma father had viral fever 4 days back! So he was advice to take antibiotics and other normal medicines! Today morning v found that he had rashes on his hand! What could b the reason! He is free of viral fever.
My hair is become more white day by day. I have try all shampoos and shops. But its cannot any effect on my hair. In fact result is reverse. Please give me a good advice. Thanks.
My self neeraj and my skin have red pimple which I dont like so kindly suggest me what I should to do.
I have found many pimples on my face pls give me treatment solution why I remove my pimple and scars from my face sir.
Is hair plantation is right to gain hair again. Or it is risky n dangerous. I have lost my hair. N some one told me to have transplantation from Richfeel. What do you suggest in terms of thought process n brand as well?
I'm a 19 years guy and my skin below the eyes appeared to be black and elastic. How did it happen and how to overcome this problem?
I am just 20, lost most of my hair, done a lot of medication and things prescribed by dermatologist but zero result. Want an effective solution either it may be hair transplant ii am ready- but is transplant ok at this age?
My age is 26, my problem is I have lots of grey hairs in my head and even in beard. Grey hairs in beard is my major problem since still i'm 26 and unmarried. Pls suggest me any solution to get out of this problem.
He has heat problem. Red rashes came on whole body due to heat problem. So what should I take precautions?
I have pimples in my face whats the solution of this. I have tried a gel named Acne star gel is it correct. Please answer my quiontion.
What is the remedy for jock itch? It comes often and goes some times. Is there any permanent remedy for that?
I have many pimples on my face from last 4-5 years. The pimples disappear in 2 weeks but the marks don't go. I am fed of this I request you to give me some precaution to take.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.