Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prerna GuptaYour feedback matters!
A healthy and physically fit body is a prerequisite of a happy life, thus it is important that we prevent our body from STDs. STDs are nothing, but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
- Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus, teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same.
Related Tip: "6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of"
I am 22years old. Last month I get 13th date one day early period, this month am not ger period. I consult the doctor she suggest ovabless tablets. I have small doubt ovabless is use for get pregencey or get periods.
My luteinizing hormone is 9.32 and my follicle stimulating hormone is 5.92 so please tell me there is any problem in pregnancy and in periods.
I have constant mild pain in left breast for 3 months, which increase during periods also left breast is slightly bigger than right. Is it something I should worry about or is it normal?
I am having thyroid but it's under control and I am pcos too. But I am not periods at regular intervals what can I do.
Hello Sir, My wife is having lots of pain during her menses. please suggest any medicine which helps to reduce her menses pain and medicine will not effect her menses because some medicine stops her menses too.
Please can you help me I Have PCOD which affects my menstrual cycle how can I cure that and I have acidity problem too.
Dear doctor I am fatty after baby. I have every time pain in my joint. Please tell me what to do to reduce my fat. I also working am I setting in chair 8 hour. Please give me suggestion.
M planning for my baby. I want to have twins child is there any process from which I can have twins.
If you are experiencing lower back pain during pregnancy, you should know that it is a common complaint. The lower back pain may occur because of several factors associated with pregnancy. You gain weight, your center of gravity shifts and your hormones relax the ligaments present in your pelvic joints. There are several ways by which you can reduce your lower back pain during pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Practice good posture: As the baby grows inside you, your center of gravity changes in a forward direction. You may feel like falling forward and may lean back for prevention. This strains the lower back muscles and causes back pain during pregnancy. You need to maintain a good posture. Always stand tall and straight, hold your chest up high, and keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed. You should not lock your knees.
- Get proper gear: Get adequate gear for dealing with lower back pain during pregnancy. You must wear low heeled shoes having good arch support. Avoid wearing flat heeled shoes and high heels, which will shift your balance more forward, thereby increasing the chances of falling. You can also opt for a maternity support belt. This additional support might be helpful for you.
- Lift properly: While you are lifting an object, you should squat down, lifting your legs and arms. Do not bend at your waist and lift with your back. Know your limits before lifting anything.
- Sleep on your side: Sleep on your sides keeping your knees bent, instead of your back during pregnancy. You may also use support pillows between your knees, under your abdomen and at your back.
- Hot and cold massage: Although this method is not effective for long term relief, massaging your lower back with a hot pad followed by an ice pack may be effective for temporary pain relief.
- Engage in regular physical activity: Regular physical activity helps you in keeping your back strong and also relieves pain during pregnancy. You should opt for mild exercises such as walking and water exercises. You should consult a physical therapist for showing you effective stretches and aerobic exercises which are beneficial.
You can try stretching your lower back, resting your hands and knees and keeping your head in line with your back. Pull your stomach in, rounding your back a bit, and hold the position for some seconds. Several other complementary therapies are also effective in curing lower back pain during pregnancy.
इस गर्मी बाथरूम में कीजिये सेक्स
अपने पुरुष अथवा महिला पार्टनर को महज नग्न देखने भर से आपके अंदर जोश भर जायेगा? नहीं ऐसा नहीं है, उसके लिये जगह का काफी महत्व होता है। बेडरूम में तो संभोग आप अकसर करते ही होंगे, लेकिन कभी बाथरूम में भी ट्राई किया है क्या? अगर नहीं तो एक बार जरूर ट्राई कीजिये। आपको एक अलग ही अनुभूति होगी। और ऐसे में जब गर्मी का मौसम शुरू हो गया है, तो पानी में रंगरलियों का मजा ही अलग होगा। बाहर तेज गर्मी और घर के अंदर बाथरूम के टब और शावर में ठंडा पानी, साथ में आपकी पार्टनर वो भी निर्वस्त्र। ऐसे सुहावने पल का अंदाजा आपको अभी से लग गया होगा। लेकिन सिर्फ अंदाजा मात्र लगाने से कुछ नहीं होने वाला, इस सुखद पल का बेहतरीन अनुभव प्राप्त करने के लिये आपको कुछ अलग हटके करना होगा।
सरप्राइज सेक्स बाथरूम में सेक्स करना है तो उसका मजा तभी है जब आप अपनी पार्टनर को सरप्राइज दें। बेहतर होगा अगर आप बाथरूम में पहले से तैयारी कर के रख लें और अचानक पार्टनर को बहाने से अंदर ले जायें, तब जो शूरुआत होगी वो अलग ही होगी।
शावर के नीचे सेक्स बाथरूम में ले जाने के बाद यदि आप पहले फोरसेक्स करते हैं, तो ज्यादा बेहतर होगा। शावर से टप-टप गिरती बूंदें और उनके नीचे आप दोनों एक दूसरे की बाहों में। यहां पर धीरे-धीरे कपड़े उतारना और फोर सेक्स करने का मजा अलग ही होगा।
वॉटरप्रूफ सेक्स ट्वॉय सेक्स करते वक्त यदि आपके पास सेक्स ट्वॉय है तो उसका इस्तेमाल जरूर करें।
डॉगी स्टाइल सेक्स शावर के नीचे सबसे अच्छी स्टाइल डॉगी स्टाइल ही रहती है।
अब आप टब के अंदर लेट जाइये और ऊपर आपकी पार्टनर। टब में बबल और पानी के अंदर संभोग का आनंद लीजिये।
टब नहीं है तो अगर बाथरूम में टब नहीं है, और बाथरूम इतना बड़ा है कि आप लेट सकते हैं, तो लेट जाइये, गीले फर्श पर संभोग का अनुभव अलग ही होता है।
मस्ती जारी रखें बाथरूम में सेक्स के दौरान मस्ती जारी रखें। अगर हैंड शावर (फॉसेट) है तो उससे पार्टनर के विशेष अंगों पर पानी जरूर डालें, पानी में छप-छप करते वक्त बूब्स से खेलना मिस मत करें।
If it is very hard to penetrate a girl even after trying for hours does it mean she is virgin? Can a non virgin fake her virginity by blocking penis entry by compressing vaginal muscles?
Respiratory hygiene: This is important to prevent cross infection, specifically, from flu and related respiratory illness. One should keep a distance of minimum 3 ft, from a person who is coughing, sneezing or singing. Most respiratory particles are more than 5 microns in size and do not travel a distance of more than 3 ft. This respiratory hygiene, however, will not prevent transmission of the tuberculosis bacteria, which are less than 5 microns and keep circulating in the area.
Hand hygiene: This is the fundamental principle for any disease prevention and the catch phrase is “before and after”, i.e. one should wash hands before and after eating food, touching any infected material, seeing a patient or after normal evacuation of stool in the morning.
Food hygiene: This means maintaining hygiene at home while cutting, serving and eating food. While cutting a vegetable, the surface or the cutting board should be clean and hygienic including the knife, hands, water, utensils etc. If that hygiene is not possible, follow the formula of ‘boil it, heat it, peel it, cook it or forget it’. This means that any food which has been boiled, heated or peeled is safe for eating. Peeling means removing the skin of a fruit such as banana or oranges.
Water hygiene: This involves drinking safe water, safe drinking glass, proper washing of glass, not washing multiple glasses in the same utensil and picking up glasses properly. People often try to pick up four glasses of water at the same time with one finger in each glass.
Sexual hygiene: This involves washing local areas before and after sexual contact.
Body hygiene: This involves 16 upchars, as mentioned in mythology. Out of these 16 basic steps, some are related to body hygiene and they involve washing feet first and then hands followed by mouth and finally the body. Washing of the feet is the most important as they are the ones which carry infections into one’s house.
Cleaning of mouth is cleaning the teeth with one finger, gums with two fingers, tongue with three fingers and palate with thumb.
Abhishekam or the snana of the body involves multiple steps. Ancient steps have been washing the body with milk water (rose water etc.) followed by rubbing with curd (soap), honey (moisturizers), ghee (oil), sugar (the drying agent) and finally with milk water again. This facilitates natural bathing and not dependent on soap.
Nail hygiene: This is also a very important hygiene, especially for food handlers, because they are responsible for causation of water and food disease. It is important that they be given typhoid vaccines and de-worming tablets every three months.
Another important hygiene to be observed at our homes is that of the servants or the help. They are often provided soap at the start of the month and they are supposed to use that bar of soap for a month. If by any chance, they lose that soap in 2-3 weeks’ time, they are apprehensive in asking the owners for soap. As a result, they may wash their hands without soap for the next 2-3 weeks, which includes washing of hands in morning.