Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prerna Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prerna GuptaYour feedback matters!
Our everyday activities, our daily routine plays an important role in determining our health. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- Healthy diet: Eating right and eating healthy affects how one performs in bed. A lack of stamina, while sex in many women and men might just be a signal that something is not correct with their health. Eating a diet loaded with fiber, vegetables, fruit, and lean meat lead to a healthy lifestyle. Right amount of carbohydrates and proteins are required and cholesterol and fats should be avoided. These tend to choke the arteries and in turn affect the blood flow down below.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Kegel Exercises: This exercise is not just for pregnant women but also for people who want to boost their sex life. In this one has to contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor in the similar manner when one stops urine. This exercise strengthens the muscles and controls the orgasm.
- Supplements: Sometimes what we eat is not enough to supply the body with the required nutrients, thus supplements are required to nurture the body with the required nutrients. Supplements are often believed to keep the body healthy. VigRX Plus is a known supplement to improve the sex and stamina.
Who says it is difficult to improve your sex life. With these simple points one can try and follow them to improve the sex life along with increased stamina in bed.
I had sex wid my partner before 10 days. Nd sperm did not entered. But premature ejaculation took place. I already taken unwanted 72 within 24 hours. Aftr taking unwntd didn't have bleeding. Today is 10th day aftr taking unwanted. Is I am pregnant? What should I do now?
Noncancerous growths of the muscle tissue surrounding the uterus are known as uterine fibroids. This is a common disease which about 70 to 80% of women contract by the time they are 50 years of age. The uterine fibroids can sometimes be very big and cause heavy periods as well as severe abdominal pain while at other times, uterine fibroids give no signs or symptoms whatsoever and go away on their own. This is why it is crucial to know what type of uterine fibroids you have and how to diagnose them. Here are the types of uterine fibroids and how to diagnose them;
There are three main types of uterine fibroids. They are;
1. Intramural fibroids: The most common type of uterine fibroids are intramural fibroids. They typically appear in the endometrium and may grow larger which results in your womb getting stretched.
2. Subserosal fibroids: Subserosal fibroids are called so because they form on the serosa. The serosa is the outside of your uterus. Sometimes, Subserosal fibroids may grow so large that your uterus appears bigger on one side.
3. Pedunculated fibroids: Pedunculated fibroids tumors are basically Subserosal fibroids with a stem. A base which supports the tumor is called the stem.
There are a number of tests done to diagnose uterine fibroids. They are;
1. Pelvic exam: A pelvic exam is a thorough inspection of a woman’s pelvic area. The organs which are in the pelvic area include the cervix, ovaries, uterus and vagina. Normally, this and the next test in this article are enough to diagnose uterine fibroids.
2. Medical history: The history of your periods as well as the other symptoms you have will often be enough to diagnose the uterine fibroids. If your medical history is not enough, then you might need to undergo a pelvic exam.
3. Pelvic ultrasound: An ultrasound is when high-intensity sound waves are used to produce images of the pelvic area. This is only done when a pelvic exam and your medical history are not enough to diagnose uterine fibroids.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, i am not getting periods regularly. after scaning doctor said iam having water bubbles. due to that only u r not getting pregency also they told. iam using medicians fom 4months but there no result. no pregency & no periods also from nov onwards. suggest me.
My wife's period has stopped last 37 days. We r newly married. Only one month. We do not want baby right now. What to do?
Hai doctors I am 7 weeks pregnant I went hospital 2 days back doctor said heartbeat is started. Doctor did some test like TSH percentage is 4.85 kindly advice me is this normal doctor said not high but there is some percentage is there. She has given thyroid tab for 3 months. Kindly suggest me how to maintain balance level and what food have to take.
Hello Doctor, I want to know the reason behind my mother's sudden death. When I came from college, I saw my mother lying in kitchen, there was no scars, no pain, it seemed like she is normally sleeping in peace. I called ambulance, but they said that my mother is no more. I asked the reason to them, then they requested to do post mortem. I can not see post mortem happening with my mom's death so I refused. I do not know the reason what happened with my mom. I can tell you step by step whatever I know which may help you to find the exact reason behind my mother's sudden death. 1) My mom was a diabetic patient since 10 years and it was normal usually does up and down between 100 to 300. 2) Mom got injury on head due to table corner attack onto her head. It got swallowed so I took her to hospital in May, 2015, there they said that my mom's diabetes has been reached upto 500 and she has to be admitted in the hospital immediately to control diabetes. 3) Dr.from Hospital did treatment for 3 days and than discharged when diabetes got normal with 100. 4) We took mom at home, she was having tablets and seeming like she is recovering. 5) My mom died on 8th Sep, 2015. Prior to this day i.e. 7th Sep-she was all fine but on 8th Sep, 2015 from 1 am till morning she dint sleep. I can say she dint sleep for whole night. She said this to me while waking me up in the morning at 6 am. She also said that she dint sleep whole night DUE TO ACIDITY. 6) I than left college at 7 am by kissing her on her chick and putting her on bed to rest. She slept on bed than I do not know what happened to her as I left for college. 7) I came from college and saw my mom is lying in the kitchen peacefully, no pain on face, no scars, nothing, Seems like she is sleeping peacefully. I also saw a pan of tea, that means she had milk tea though she was having high acidity. I assume that might give her stroke and due to stroke, she might got died. But I am just assuming. Please help me knowing the exact reason behind her death. I have mentioned the whole case study and for medical records to analyse better.
Good morning doctor I am 26 yr old working girl wt 47 ht 5'2" my periods are regular but the amount of blood is so little have only 2 day please suggests me. My thyroid test is normal.
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 250,00 to 500,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results.