Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prerna GuptaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy Query I check pregnancy test morning its negative but after few hours its 2 line in kit what its mean.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after the 10 days of her periods but immediately an hour after she took emergency contraceptive pill. Can she get pregnant?
I'm 22 years old girl actually I'm 3 month pregnant lady can I do sex with my life partner during pregnancy time?
My last periods date started from 9 oct to 16 oct, me and my boyfriend had done some stuff on 13th of November lyk he rubs his penis on vagina but not inserted by using protection but it tores and we stop nd he did not ejaculate near me but even now my periods not started and some times pain started in my stomach feels like it comes but it is not happening. Also sometimes I miss my periods earlier I am not sure if anything wrong or what, should I have to wait?
I has sex with my partner and we are confused that after he has done, he did not find condom out. We also forget to search it on bed that time as we were somewhere out. I am confused with this that it would be inside me? Are there any symptoms of figuring it out?
My wife aged 34 got treated for IVF, after 5 months (19 week) she aborted becoz of early water discharge. As per doctor advice wait for 6 months and try for normal pregnancy. Now my wife 2 months pregnant, we consulted same doctor but most of the medicine. Prescribed what my wife used for IVF treatment some are ENaxoperin injection ,Biomulty, ecosprin. Susten. Whether this tablet are safe for normal pregnancy treatment.
Dear doctors, me and my wife are newly married couple. We start sex. But we affried for pregnancy. We do not want child now. Her period is going to start after 6-7 days. What should we do. If we want to do unprotected sex. Help me ASAP.
Panchkarma — antidote to lifestyle diseases
If years of allopathic treatment has not brought relief from diseases like joint pains, skin problems, anxiety and gastro-intestinal ailments, try panchkarma, an ayurvedic therapy which purifies and rejuvenates the body. Hundreds of such patients suffering from lifestyle diseases like stress or metabolic disorders like arthritis, have got relief through panchkarma.
The patients coming to us are of all age groups (16 years to 80 years)and have sought relief & cure in panchkarma after years of unsuccessful allopathic treatment.
“Panchkarma has been found to be very effective in insomnia, joint pains, gout, diabetes, anxiety, migraine, sinusitis and gastro-intestinal ailments,” . Today's most common problems like slip disc, arthritis, joint pains and anxiety are a result of stressful living.
Interestingly, it is allopathic doctors themselves who are recommending panchkarma to majority of these patients. “The primary cause of all these problems is anxiety and it is through meditation, yoga and panchkarma that enables you to work without getting stressed
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac Disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My sister is 16 years she will be always I'll and we visited doctors and they told that in her body there is calcium deficiency and they told her to eat non-veg but she doesn't eat non veg so what we should do.
My wife aged 51 is not interested in sexual life, avoiding, complain pain in vagina due to dryness, sometimes and more frequently complaining heap pain, after getting hot massage she relaxed, possible remedies and cause of above problems.
On first day of mensuration, should we take pain killer if there will be severe stomach pain? please help.
Hi doctor. I am 25 years old married women my quest is on april 5th was my last period in may it was 10 days late so I thought i am pregnant I was planning to do pregnancy test but on 14 th I was having stomach pain and also I had some bleeding so I have seen in net that spotting is the symptoms of pregnancy the stomach pain was like normal pain like periods so I want to no whether im I pregnant or its a misscarriage. Please help me.
Hello, doctor I am 4 months pregnant and I have pcos my gynco gave me this medicine Macgest SR300, FOL - XT etc and when I was 2.5 months pregnant I had very mild abnormal bleeding so my doc gave me Duphaston 10 mg which cost 460 rs which is very expensive she told me to take this medicine thrice in a day when I asked her to give me some other reasonable substitute of this medicine she refused to give me. So doctor pls tell me some othr reasonable substitute of this medicine which is reasonable. Can I tk digest 10 mg instead of Duphaston 10 mg.
Hi! i'm 31yrs. Old married lady. I'm suffering from bilateral ovarian endometriomas for the last 6-7 yrs. And in the last 5 yes of my married life, l have operated three times for the same(2 lapro & 1 open surgery). I have no issue still. My ques is that" is it possible to cure this problem in homeopathy?
I'm 27 years old nd I take unwanted 72 on 16/4/17 after 2 hr of sex nd after that I have abdominal pain continuously, what is provisional diagnosis and what should I do?
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.