Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prerna GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have had tooth sensitivity for almost an year now. It happens only when I consume cold stuff. For eg. When I have my milk and cereal in school (which I sip from a cup) I feel this sharp stinging sensation in my teeth which Is so bad that I can't talk and usually berry my head in my arms till the time it stops. To be honest, my dental hygiene hasn't been at its best this year but I'm trying my best to work on it. I would love to have my milk the way I did before. Thanks a lot for helping! *I had a root canal a few years ago, if that helps.
Dear sir I AM having jaw pain on left side from last two months, I had refer to dentist and had X Ray of mouth and also refer to bone doctor and had MRI of TMJ and taking medicines from last 1 month but still I am not relived with pain please suggest me where should I Refer.
There is swelling and pain on the vein under my tongue. There are two veins kind of thing (salivary gland I think) In one of that got swollen and it is disturbing while touching it in teeth. It has got swollen and its paining too. Is this normal? Or I want to consult a doctor? Is there any home remedies?
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.