Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Premananda SahooYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old n I have hearing problem sshl so doctor suggests me too have hearing aid. Instead of hearing aid is any other way too cure hearing loss prevention by medicine please help me.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf': Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. Leaning closer: You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
6. Avoiding social interactions: You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I am a 52 yr old women and m 90%deaf of both ears fue to ear imbslance n vertigo. I tried all doc. They say m normal othereise but cant understand why I hv mineirs disease. Recently my ent is trying cognex to revive my nerves. She says she cant guarantee.
Hi doctor I am having problem with my voice. I am 19 when I speak to someone over the phone or in person, I always hear them saying" what" can you speak again". May be thats because my voice is not loud enough and clear. Also when I hang out with my friends as we laugh out loud so much, gossip so much, then at the end of day my throat feels like coughing. Is there any yoga/ exercise/ food to make it correct?
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
I have hearing problem as I was using headphones all day with full volume now I can't hear properly.
My right hear is paining I'm not hearing sound properly from that hear so can you please help me in this.
I can't hear well when someone asked to me. I mean that I hear that someone is asking to me but I can't concentrate on words that the person had told. Please tell.
Sir . My brother got ear drum braked (holed)(21) age and ear drum braked in childhood itself but now we knew that news when he got ear pain .& .now doctor advice to operation so we do operation in next week in manipal . So how much money it will happen? And how much day want to take rest . Is this major operation ?and aftr this operation he can hear well ? Please urgent clarify this dots sir.
I am suffering from sloppy hearing loss, doctors advised me to use hearing aid, can it be cure without hearing aid?
I am 42years female over a span of time I ve noticed I have developed hearing problem. What should I do?
The signs of hearing loss can be subtle and emerge slowly, or early signs of hearing loss can be significant and come about suddenly. Either way, there are common indications and hearing impaired signs. You should suspect hearing loss if you experience any of the signs below.
You might have hearing loss if you.
Require frequent repetition.
Have difficulty following conversations involving more than 2 people.
Think that other people sound muffled or like they're mumbling.
Have difficulty hearing in noisy situations, like conferences, restaurants, malls, or crowded meeting rooms.
Have trouble hearing children and women.
Have your tv or radio turned up to a high volume.
Answer or respond inappropriately in conversations.
Have ringing in your ears.
Read lips or more intently watch people's faces when they speak with you.
Feel stressed out from straining to hear what others are saying.
Feel annoyed at other people because you can't hear or understand them.
Feel embarrassed to meet new people or from misunderstanding what others are saying.
Feel nervous about trying to hear and understand.
Withdraw from social situations that you once enjoyed because of difficulty hearing.
Have a family history of hearing loss.
Take medications that can harm the hearing system (ototoxic drugs).
Have diabetes, heart, circulation or thyroid problems.
Have been exposed to very loud sounds over a long period or single exposure to explosive noise.