Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prem TanwarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, today I came to know that my father aged around 53 is suffering from Retinopathy. The doc. Told him to take vit c supplements (non chewable) and gave some eye drops for a week. After it he will go for laser in three settings. Since he is suffering from diabetics and had previously diagnosed with CAD. My question is, Does VIT-C increase the chances of heart attack.
I have red eyes at afternoons. I also have dark lips. I don't smoke or drink. Why is this happening to me?
I have less eye sight and I am also rejected for many medical in forces. Is there any solution to increase eyesight ?
I have eye etching from last six to seven days. And my eye becomes red. Because of what this is happening?
I suddenly catch Cold. It starts with itching of eyes and then some other things. Whqt should I do About it? And is it permanent allergy?
Helo sir myself biplab das. I am sharing my father health issue regarding retina on right eye. He had done his prp laser including avastin injection on right eye. I week is over for prp laser. But after this prp laser he lost his night vision and also have blurring vision. How much time required for regain the pre treatment level vision.
I have allergy on dust and any new smell doctor due to that I'll continuously sneeze and my eyes become red and water rushes from my eyes and my body get irritated.
This Question is health issue of my fiance. We are going to marry soon. She is suffering from Uveitis in her eyes. She is undergoing treatment for the same. Doctor is saying it is a recurring disease. Is it ? She is undergoing steroids treatment. Earlier she used to take pills for the same and now eye drops of steroids. Still she is not reverong from the same. I am very much worried about her and our marriage also. There are many side effects of steroids which she is taking as medicines. Should I go ahed and marry her ? If I marry her, can we plan a baby ? What are the risks involved in pregnancy with Uveitis. Will our baby will eye problem too ? Can this disease will pass on from mother to a baby. Can we plan a baby in this Uveitis treatment. I am in very much stressed and worried about all this and my future. please guide me.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"
I am a 19 years old guy and my right eye squints a bit and I wear eye glasses also. What can I do to stop squinting? Any exercises or treatment?
I am 33 years old male. I am having a problem of under eye. Is there any solution of this. And I am also having problem of eyes pain.
I am 27 years old female. I have short sight with less power about -1.5 in one eye and -0.5 in another. Can it be cured using homeopathy or is surgery required for that? Thanks.
Is this a common sight at your home?
Parents using smartphone may not experience much harm but your little ones are prone to serious consequences which rarely anyone tells you. Read on. (early myopia, crossed eye, dry eyes, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, poor concentration and of course obesity leading to diabetes and hypertension later are the consequences)
Many pediatric eye doctors believe that heavy computer (smartphone is even worse) use among children puts them at risk for early myopia.
Haven't you seen today's generation wearing more specs than ever before? remember lasik lasers for eyeglass removal is not as safe as it is made out to be.
Symptoms of dry eye disease were more common in children who spent more time on smartphones and less time outdoors than other young people.
Staring at smartphones, computers and other screens has been linked to reduced blinking, which can lead to faster evaporation of the tear film and increase the risk of dry-eye disease, it's a most common problem among it professionals and now it's affecting children who are just 10 years old.
Smartphones also have a short watching distance due to their small screens that can tire the eyes.
Can you afford burning eyes in your child where the tear glands have stopped tear production and needs lifelong lubricating eye drops?
Excessive smartphone use may lead to a rare form of strabismus, or" crossed eyes" known as acute acquired comitant esotropia (aace). Strabismus most often appears in infancy, but sometimes kids develop it suddenly.
Computer use demands fine motor skills from young eyes that are not well developed. Only when the visual system matures is a child better able to handle the stress of a computer on that system. Remember brain and eyes are linked, a poor reception by eyes leads to poor mental development.
What to do now?
1) push your child to play outdoor sports (must).
2) before starting school eyes must be checked by an experienced doctor, serious eye problem if found early can save your child vision.
3) please limit the smartphone exposure of your child. Their eyes are not same as yours. Their brain development is also incomplete and eyes play a major role in development of brain.
4) encourage kids to take 20-second breaks from the computer every 20 minutes to minimize the development of eye focusing problems and eye irritation. (some eye doctors call this the" 20-20 rule")
5) check the ergonomics of the workstation. For young and small children, make sure the computer workstation is adjusted to their body size. The recommended distance between the monitor and the eye for children is 18 to 28 inches.
Viewing the computer screen closer than 18 inches can strain the eyes. For smartphone, the answer is complete avoidance for kids less than 10 years. Smartphone is causing much more harm than desktop due to its small screen size and convergent
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries.
Doctor has pioneered phaco surgery for cataract in undivided bihar and was second person to do so in east india in 1995
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).