Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prem AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello respected doctors I had an angioplasty an stent had inserted on august 18 2016 almost 2.5 months my question is can I play badminton daily.
My father aged 68 years has been prescribed amtas at in the morning and cresar 80 in evening. Earlier he was on cresar 80 and amlovas 5 but bp was not controlled. I just wanted to know if the combination is safe for person of his age because I have read articles about atenolol not being suitable for elderly. Pls guide. He is not asthmatic. Does atenolol have the propensity to cause cns disturbances?
How it will, control my blood pressure, avoid the irritation, I want ask the tip's and suggestions, and which type of food habitat's have maintain? Including physical exercise fallow?
I feel prickness in my left side of chest. All test are normal like ECG X RAY AND ALL BLOOD TEST but I feel prickness in my left side of chest. It is normal? Please tell me. What's the reason of this.
Two days before I felt severe pain downward of left clavicle. It's a severe pain. Mostly occur after meal or drink water. What can I do. ANd what kind of pain it is. My ECG was normal. ANd I'm a gym going guy. Should I continue?
Is it possible to reduce cholesterol. I mean I want to reduce cholesterol ie hdl with out taking pills. I have heard its genetics but by controlling food and exercise is it possible to reduce.
I have a blood pressure its now showing 146/ 108 this morning, I am taking Nebistar 5 mg daily every morning.
I am suffering from dry cough from last 10 days and when I cough more, I am suffering from chest pain. Pls suggest what I do.
I am 39 year old male.Ht 170 wt 82. Taking medicines for cholesterol and hypertension (under control). I qm having piles (~ for past one month). what would be the tratment options for me.
My systolic blood pressure is 110, but my diastolic is 83. Is there a reason why one would be so healthy and the other at prehypertension?
I am aged 44 years male. I have checked the blood last week. The report level is as follows: TOTAL CHOLESTEROL PHOTOMETRY 203 mg/dl 125 - 200 HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 41 mg/dl 35-80 TRIGLYCERIDES PHOTOMETRY 97 mg/dl 25 - 200 LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 153 mg/dl 85 - 130 TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO CALCULATED 4.9 Ratio 3.0 - 5.0 LDL / HDL RATIO CALCULATED 3.7 Ratio 1.5 - 3.5 VLDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 19.47 mg/dl 5 - 40 NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 161.72 mg/dl < 160. Please suggest me whether it is all normal or I have to undergo any treatment.
Hi I am 37 year old male, I always think of heart attack, I have done all tests but still I think of it continuously. Please let me know if I need any medical therapy.
If I didn't take lunch properly on time I will get pain at the left side of my chest and if I eat spicy items I will suffer from wounds at the mouth. Please tell me the solutions.
Hi, My mom had chest pain, so doctor prescribed aztor 10 tablets. She took tablets for few months and she stopped taking those tablets from few months. Now she has chest pain again. But not always. Sometime she feel discomfort like squeezing. Then she is OK. Is this major issue? Any serious issue? Or else she can continue with Aztor tablets?
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.