Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Sharma Sareen
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti Sharma SareenYour feedback matters!
Nowadays mostly all women are working. Pregnancy and motherhood become a huge responsibility for them. With the host of changes taking place in a working woman right from conception to child birth a woman needs both mental and physical care throughout the entire 9-month span. It is a real challenge to squeeze in the right diet, exercise and care both to the mother and the child and focus should be on regular antenatal visits to the doctor. A few things which pregnant women should focus on are;
- Regular antenatal checkups
- Daily sleep
- Eat well
- Exercise well.
- The doctor should provide you with additional nutritional supplementation.
- Keep stress at bay.
- Do not travel without informing your gynaecologist
- Do not smoke
- Do not lift heavy objects
- Do not take alcohol and strenuous exercises are to be avoided.
For any query regarding pregnancy or antenatal consultation, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Hi I am 20 and I am having irregular periods problem my last period came on 24th feb after that till now no periods because of that I am becoming fat also my tummy is comming out please suggest.
My girlfriend had her last mc on 15th july onwards. On 23rd we engaged into foreplay where I rubbed my NAKED genital against hers. But she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. Today is 15th august and she still has not got her periods. We are extremely tensed. What could be the reason of not going the periods?
My age is 19 and I am facing problem in getting regular period cycle from age of 16 it always happens this way like once after 2 -3 months. I have the issue of pimples all around my face and a fat body too, I feel very weak too when period starts. Hairfall is a major issue since 8 months for me along with facial and body hairs. Could You please help me cuz I'm badly in need of some treatment now I feel.
She unprotected sex after 15 day of period and take daily pill and close before 10 days of period. Period date is 26.01.2018 and if today she vomiting today can be pregnant if result is positive what are medicine take?
I have got burning sensation and itching in my vaginal area. I have menopause. Please suggest some options.
I have constipation & gas problem. My period time is change day by day. I have little flow for two days when I am in period. My stomach is become big. So please suggest me for food & food timing & some ayurvedic tips.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.