Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Mittal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti MittalYour feedback matters!
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a common ailment among teenagers and women and is caused when a woman has a hormonal imbalance. In addition to the production of estrogen which is the main female hormone, women also produce some amounts of testosterone which is the primary male hormone. When the level of testosterone is higher than normal, it leads to several gynecological problems including PCOS.
There is hyperandrogenic environment which leads to menstrual irregularities and certain manifestation such as hirsutism, acne. Weight gain in young adolescents leads to metabolic X syndrome and Insulin resistance, again causing menstrual irregularities and infertility.
What are the signs and symptoms of PCOS?
- Irregular menstrual periods are characterized by some women having periods more than once in a month while some have their periods after every few months and others have no periods at all. The flow can range between very light and very heavy.
- Some teens complain that there is an unwanted growth of hair on the chest, face, hands, back, arms and legs and even around the nipples. Also, young women with PCOS have severe acne problems along with dark patches on the face, neck, armpits and in between the breasts. All these conditions also have an adverse impact on the emotional health of an adolescent.
- Women with PCOS experience some level of insulin resistance which leads to accumulation of fats around the abdomen. It causes an excessive craving for carbohydrates along with hypoglycemia. Many of these symptoms are experienced during the adolescence period and are generally overlooked. This makes it difficult to diagnose PCOS and treat it subsequently.
- Teens and women with PCOS also suffer from severe weight gain, and they are at a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure at a later age.
- The symptoms start developing at the onset of puberty as there is a general increase in the insulin levels as an integral part of human development. Teens who are faced with these challenges later suffer from chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, endometrial cancer, heart diseases and hypertension. Therefore, early recognition, as well as treatment, are extremely crucial to prevent these conditions along with infertility.
How is PCOS treated?
If you suffer from these problems, you need to consult with an expert gynecologist who will evaluate your overall health condition along with the menstrual cycle. The doctor will also ask whether you have a family history of PCOS and in this preliminary examination, he will check your blood pressure, weight, height, and overall appearance such as the growth of hair on the body and patches of darkened skin.
The treatment for PCOS in teens may include lifestyle changes such as eating healthy foods and exercising, counseling with a registered dietitian for losing weight, medicines containing female hormones and medications to help utilize insulin better. Treatments also include laser therapy or electrolysis for removal of unwanted hair in the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am Dr. Chetna. Today we are doing to talk about the benefits of Minimal Access Surgery. So Minimal Access Surgery is more commonly known as Keyhole Surgery or a Laparoscopic Surgery. Now this is a revolution in the medical science which is now we are practicing for the last fifteen twenty years and it has given excellent result. A lot of people still in theato cities or otherwise metro cities also still have fear about laparoscopic surgeries. When they come to OBT, they start talking that you know the surgery remains and complications and stuff. Now here I would like to bust this myth and explain to you that why a Minimal Access Surgery is far superior to an open conventional surgery. Now a Minimal Access Surgery or a Laparoscopic Surgery is done through making punctures in abdomen void. Now this can be used for a various Diseases like to remove the uterus, to remove the ovarian cyst, to correct the polycystic, to remove endometriosis, to correct ectopic pregnancy and other further related surgeries. So we can remove large fibroids ad large as seven months pregnancy sized to large ovarian cysts. Yes, there are certain pre-requisites which we need to see before we decide whether this patient is fit for Laparoscopic Surgery or not. Majority of the women who are otherwise fit that means they have a normal exercise and urines and stuff are able to withstand Minimal Access Surgeries. So I was coming to advantages. Advantages no. 1, there are no major cuts on the tummy so there are some punctures. They may vary in numbers between two to four or sometimes even five and the size of these punctures would be largest to be about ten or twelve centimeters so you can believe these are very small punctures. The second advantage is that the surgeon is operating under the magnification of 6X or more. So that gives a lot of access to the pelvis so we can see it very properly. If required we can rotate the camera and go in the upper abdomen and see that as well. So there is a lot of benefits when it comes to the visual appearance of the organs and the operation skill. Then the instrument that we use in the Laparoscopy are very fine. To explain, my scissor blade is no longer than the nib of the pen that we use, not the ink pen we are talking, the regular gel pen. So that is the size of the blade that we use so that gives a very fine precision. Then the blood loss is quite less since the abdomen is not open to the air outside so the recovery is quite fast. That means the less number of hospital stay, less chances of blood transfusion or almost no chances of blood transfusion. You can go home fast. You can…. I have had patients who did the surgery, second day we went to work, fifth day you see them coming from the office to remove their stitches. So this is brilliance you can’t expect.so very next day the patient sits and starts eating and starts eating and talking, everything feels normal. So this is a blessing, it is a boon and since majority of the surgeries can be done by Laparoscopy. I would say before going in for an open surgery. They should be considered for laparoscopy. Yes, there are certain candidates are not fit for laparoscopy and these can have an open surgery but majority of who had fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, polycystic ovaries, pelvic infections, ovarian mass, some of the cancer patients also, uterus removal for heavy bleeding. So all these things can be done through a laparoscopy. So I believe this is a blessing by the modern science and we should all avail of this benefit.
So if any questions we can always meet me up at Medicals Medi-clinic Sector-14 and also part of Apollo cradle hospital. So you are welcome.
My wife age is 20 years and she has pimple around the breast and etching with flows push and pain in it, she ate some medicine then quietly fine but after 1 month she has again suffer from it, but now she is fine, I want to ask that is it any symbol of major disease, please suggest me,
How many condoms should one use while having sex to avoid any complications like pregnancy, Aids, etc. Etc.
I am 25 years old female and I had a lot of hormonal changes due to which my period patter has changed and I expected abdominal pain a few times and a lot of mood swings.
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!