Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti GoelYour feedback matters!
I daily workout from 1 year 2-3 hours in gym. That is heavy workout. Sometimes my body pains alot. I want to ask you that is it normal or I have to stop going to gym.
I have red eyes for over 3 days and now a days my sleeping time is also increase, I don't know why but its too trouble for me, my all over body is paining hardly.
Hi sir I have suffering some problem. For the headache and body pains. Please help to me how to solve the my problem quick reply my message on the question then they ask my problem.
My mother is of 80 years age & she is undergoing through some internal pain in her legs at night which results in I sufficient sleep as a routine. This pain seems to be non-joint pain rather a pain in her leg veins. What is the cause & suggest a remedy.
I am 20 years old got back pain from last 3 weeks now from monday am getting fever irregularly with high temperature and head ache and body pain what should I do.
I have body pain since 4-5 days what can be the reason? I haven't done anything like extra workout but still my body is in pain.
I'm 20 years old and I have a slight pain in my left foot for the last few months. I don't remember getting any injuries either. It's just there. Is my bone becoming weak?
I m 27 years old before marriage I was going to work distance was 1 hour from home and after marriage we shifted to some other place and now distance is 2hrs to work I got just married 1 month back now my daily head and full body pain alot why its happening pls help me out.
Hi, from morning I am feeling weak, nd my legs are paining too much, if I sit or stand, feeling hot below the knee. Body pains are also there from morning, especially back pain. Just had biscuits and a cup of tea from morning and I am going to have lunch. I need to get back to my normal work. What is the diet to be followed and tell me the medication to be taken. Thanks in advance. Note: I am consuming garlic water to get some energy, is it okay?
Hi from last 20 days I have constant burping and mild pain coming and going 3-4 times in a day below rib cage increase when deep breath. I do not have loss of appetite please suggest.
Hi, Now a days my whole body is paining from head to foot I want proper treatment what I have to do?
Lower abdomen pain can originate from a range of medical issues. In some cases, the pain disappears just like the way it came, in some cases, it takes longer medical treatment to cure the pain. Once the origin and the root cause of the pain are diagnosed, there are plenty of medical options to cure the pain. In this piece, we will briefly touch upon the causes of lower abdomen pain:
- Appendicitis: This is one of the most common causes of lower abdomen pain. It typically originates from the right side of the stomach and soon diverges into the other side as well. The pain can become unbearable in a matter of hours.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection that is caused in the reproductive system of a woman. This is often characterized by vaginal discharge, fever, weakness, intercourse related pain and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Miscarriage: In case there is a loss of fetus on or before the twentieth week, the mishap is termed as miscarriage. It results in acute pain in the lower abdomen pain, vaginal bleeding, back pain, fluid expulsion from the vagina etc.
- Fibroids: This is a growth in the uterus that is often non-cancerous and is commonly characterized by symptoms such as heavy periods, constipation, pain in the legs and back area, pain in the lower abdomen area, frequent urination etc.
- Cancer: A cancerous growth in the lower abdomen area can lead to very sharp pain in the back and surrounding area. The pain is dull in nature and slowly spreads to other areas in a short interval of time.
- Cholecystitis: This is a disorder that results in swelling of the gallbladder area. It results in a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area. A doctor needs to be immediately consulted if a person is suffering from this disease.
- Intestinal obstruction: When the lower bowl gets blocked due to the contents of the lower intestine, a person can feel a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area.
- Salpingitis: When a woman faces stiff pain in the lower abdomen area due to an inflammation of the fallopian tube, Salpingitis is the culprit behind it. This is a sexual disease and needs a doctor’s consultation to get rid of it.
- PMS: A woman can face throbbing pain in the lower abdomen area during her monthly periods. Other symptoms include cramps, weakness, fatigue etc.
- Endometriosis: When there is an extension of the uterus tissue just outside the wall of the uterus, it leads to symptoms such as lower abdomen pain, cramps etc.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome: This is a disorder of the hormone and can lead to symptoms such as heavy periods, a growth of facial hair accompanied with sharp pain the lower abdomen area.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
From past 5 days I am very fatigue, weakness in legs, burning eyes, shortness of breath, blood report says lymphocyte percent=42, total bilirubin is 2.4,chest xray is normal, I had visited long drive with full AC on and this started after that, am I suffering from fibromyalgia as in the morning I feel very tired, shakky legs, body pain, what can be the problem. I suffer from gerd from past 4 years. Had drank apple juice after drinking himcocid syrup.
I am suffering from fever and could cough. I am also suffering from allergy from dust. I feel weakness and tired. I also suffering from body pain. I am using inhaler for allergy bur it can not work every time. I want to know how can I relief these type of dessese. I am very thankful for if I got answered my question.
Mentioned throughout history as a curse, leprosy was considered as a punishment of sins by many cultures as it was widespread and common. However, modern science demystified it and de-stigmatized it to the point where the occurrence of leprosy within the population has gone down to very low levels, although it is still prevalent among certain populations.
Prevention of leprosy: Leprosy is caused by the bacterial infection of Mycobacterium leprae and it is classified into multiple types. Leprosy is communicable through contact with common objects or a person by infected droplets within their nose. It primarily affects mucous membranes and the skin and the nerves on the hands, feet, and in extreme cases may cause disfigurement as well. There are no specific ways to prevent leprosy as no specific correlation between transmission and development has been found so far. Leprosy can happen through one time contact or through contact over extended period of time within the same household. Thus preventive measures will primarily include the following:
- Regular checkups by going to the doctor
- Ensuring that surfaces are kept clean if you share a household with a leprosy patient
- Skin biopsies at regular intervals just to check if you may have contracted the bacteria
- If a rash has developed, then it is urgent that you visit the doctor. Earlier the leprosy is detected, quickly it can treated and resolved
Incidences of leprosy have reduced over the last few decades due to improvements in medicine and early detection. This has allowed people to nip the problem in the bud and does not allow it to spread within their bodies or to other people.
Treatment of leprosy: The primary weapon that modern medicine has against leprosy is known as MDT or multidrug therapy. Multidrug therapy is the combination of multiple drugs, which attack the various aspects of leprosy, such as skin problems, nerve damage, loss of sensation, deterioration of skin conditions etc. This is the proven way to not only reduce symptoms, but also cure the problems in the long run.
Some of the drugs in the MDT used are as follows:
- Rifampicin and dapsone
- Rifampicin and clofazimine and dapsone
- Rifampicin, minocycline and ofloxacin
However, the combination will depend on the type of leprosy the person is affected with, such as paucibacillary leprosy or multibacillary leprosy and thus can only be prescribed by the doctor after thorough and detailed examination.