Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti GaurYour feedback matters!
What care needs to be taken by women to keep their joints and bones healthy on the onset of menopause.Please tell.
People who eat fruit and #vegetables as part of their daily diet have a reduced risk of many chronic diseases. Usda's my plate encourages making half your plate fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables are an important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many #nutrients, including potassium, fiber, folate (folic acid) and vitamins a, e and c. Options like #broccoli, spinach, #tomatoes and #garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood!
Potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Folate (folic acid) helps the body form healthy red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant and those in the first trimester of pregnancy need adequate folate to reduce the risk of neural tube defects and spina bifida during fetal development.
Sir mene mere bf ke sath intercose kiya. Lakin mujhse confirm nahi hai ki sperm mere andar gaya yaa nahi. Phir bhi mene unwanted 72 ki goli le li hai precaution ke liye. Aur mujhe last period 1 June ko aaya tha. Toh isse meri body and mere period pr kaya effect aaega. Kaya iska koi side effect hai kaya.
Hello sir,i dont no i am pregnant or not bcause my period delayed 10 days can i take myprog 200 tab ?
My wife periods starts on 1/8/17 we have taken unprotected sex on 6/8. Is there is any chance of pregnancy?
I am 8 th month pregnant and now these days I have itching problem in my foot and hands and Tommy also what can I do for leaving this problem.
My wife 11 weeks pregnant she is working staff nurse, last week she doing night shift duty (8 days). because of night duty she lost 2 kgs weight, and she start coughing from last one week. Any problem?
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption, which eventually leads to addiction. Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings, which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
- Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
- While defecating
- While drinking alcohol
- Stressful or depressive situations
- At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
- Peer pressure
- While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
- You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
- You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
- You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"
Sometimes blood bleeding from her back hole (bath hole) while go for bathroom. Please give suggestions which food she should take food to avoid bleeding. She takes tea thrice a day.
I am 37 years I got heavy bleeding during periods and I went for scanning and the report came that there cyst at the posterior of the uterus and the uterus is pushed upwards. Is there a treatment for this. I am not married but I am in a relation.
My due period date is on 22 i've had unsafe sex and in emergency had to take I pill twice i.e 2 times within 2 weeks. I have back and abdomen pain and vomiting. Back pain is so severe that I can not even stand for more than 10 min. Pls help? Is it because my periods are about to come? Or because of ipill? Or am pregnant?
Does the size of boobs increases after having sex and does any other noticeable changes occur in the body looks?
My wife is in her 6 months of pregnancy. Aur is waqt uski vagina main bahut itching horahi Hai aur uska bahut discharge bi horaha Hai. She is suffering a lot. Tell me what to do? It may be normal but I want to heal her pain. Kindly suggest me what to do?
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
My wife has taken. Medical termination pack kit. 4 months back, after that she is not getting pregnant. What should we do? We have not went for any checkup or treatment after that. Please advice.
I am 30 years old and my wife 28 years old after our 2 years of married life we do sex last 2 months contentiously and 6 months approximately but still we dont have baby. Kindly give any tips. All the basic test we have done and all are positive.
My girlfriend had a medical abortion a month back. Though it was successful, now she used to have pain in lower abdomen once in a while. Also, it has become very painful for her to hold her bladder. Is it normal after the pill? What should be done now. We haven't done ultrasound after the abortion. Please advice.
On may 6 I got my period and on may 26 th morning we had sex but I don't know whether the sperm was in we had a doubt that it was on bottom line. I am scared whether I will be pregnant or not. Can you please suggest what to do.
Doctor, What is the age for menopause for a healthy woman with regular periods? Is it possible to produce eggs after menopause with medication and get conceived with artificial methods?
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body