Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Chhabra
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Sir my weight is 78kg how I am loss my weight. My tummy is outcome how I loss this as fast as. Please prescribe me.
Hi doctor I had my last period on 23rd nov which starts on 19th nov. Then on 25th nov I had sex and took I pill within 24 hrs. Again I had sex on 1st dec and had ipill immediately. After one week I got bleed for 3 days. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Is the ipill work? When will I get period if I am not pregnant. Plzz help me doctor.
Surya Namaskar literally translates to 'bowing to the sun'. It is a combination of 12 yoga asanas, where the body, mind, and soul are brought into complete synchrony. Surya Namaskar is performed in sets, depending on each person's endurance. Scientifically too, there are multiple benefits from Surya Namaskar. Read on to know the most prominent ones.
- Stretching and flexibility: The 12 asanas which are a part of the Surya Namaskar ensure that every part of the body is stretched. The flexibility that comes with it is an experience that is to be loved. Surya Namaskar is extremely beneficial for the bones, joints, and ligaments of the entire body and spine.
- Improves internal organ functioning: The various stretching improves blood flow to the organs and improves their functioning. The result is a better functioning digestive system and kidneys, which help in better absorption of nutrients from food and thorough elimination of metabolic wastes. Detox happens naturally, with the release of trapped gasses and improved enzyme secretion.
- Weight loss: One of the best-proven ways to lose weight is to do the 12 asanas regularly on a daily basis. It is a perfect workout involving the complete body and is great for losing weight around the belly. It also is proven to improve the thyroid gland functioning, which plays a significant role in metabolism and leads to weight gain.
- Bone health: Traditionally, it is done during the early morning hours, during sunrise, which ensures the body gets the required amount of vitamin D. This is essential for good bone health.
- Stress buster: Stress release happens in multiple ways. Deep focused breathing is one of them. During the asanas, control over breathing is very essential and so stress control is ensured. Various muscles and bones get tense with stress, and thorough stretching helps relieve the stress buildup. The mind is also calmed during the workout, and so stress relief is further enhanced.
- A cure for insomnia: People who are not able to sleep should do Surya Namaskar on a regular basis and ensure sound sleep regularly. Both stress relief and the perfect workout ensures good sleep is guaranteed.
- Helpful in menstrual cycles: Women who have cramps during their menstrual cycles have shown very good improvement with the inclusion of this exercise. It also is shown to benefit people with irregular menstruation via the improved circulation. Pregnant women, regularly doing Surya Namaskar (under the guidance of an expert), are more likely to have a normal delivery.
- Glowing Skin: With the release of toxins and stress, a glowing skin is but natural.
Try Surya Namaskar regularly and see the change in yourself. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Why do we fail in our attempt to lose weight in spite of putting our best efforts?
- The most important guideline is that we can't get the desired result just by restricting one thing. We need a set pattern of exercise, water and diet, and remember all 3 are equally important. More often than not people do any one or at the most two things well at the same time, when they should be focusing on all three things together. Some people do exercise with great enthusiasm but they are not strict and committed with the water and diet regimen. On the other hand some are able to be so disciplined with their diet but cannot manage to do their exercise on a daily basis or they don’t exercise at all. Most of the people hardly drink 4-5 glasses of water per day. Here's what we need to do on a regular basis
- We must spread the calorie intake through the day. Basically we need to eat well throughout the day and eat less at dinner as we are going to sleep thereafter. All 3 meals should be balanced and in between we must take fruits / nuts / green tea etc.
Even if you are eating only healthy, The equal distribution is very crucial and a light dinner is very important too.
Calorie in and Calorie out or Energy balance is another important aspect. If you are burning 1000 calories in a day and consuming 1500 calories then your body will add 500 calories to alrady excess fat stored and show an approx gain of 500gms and vice versa. If you follow this energy balance for all the 7 days of the week you would have pulled out or added 3500 calories and accordingly it will show a 500 gm weight loss/gain on your scale.
So on a weight loss journey your mantra should be "WED" i.e. Water, exercise and diet!
Stay Healthy... Stay Blessed :)
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"