Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preetam
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreetamYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have a doubt let me see how and precise answer would be. Here comes my question, after using Minoxidil the hair growth is there absolutely but is the hair obtained permanent or temporary? In case if it is temporary how about the time it persists? Is there any other option in order to protect the obtained hair growth?
I am 25 years old. I am facing hairfall from last 1-2 years and my lots of year is started gray. What should I do?
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:0e962a07aa1f0b5b1e5d53b39c763740
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Different techniques for Anti-aging treatment
Hi I am Dr. Abhay Talathi, practicing skin care specialist and cosmetologist at skin space clinic, Goregaon Mumbai. Today I am going to enlighten you all on some anti ageing treatment. Looking young and attractive is always desired. Recent advances in medical technology have helped us with many procedures which can help you all to knock out the years from your face. Anti ageing treatment can be categorized into two categories -
1. In which we work on the surface of the skin so as to improve the dull, tired appearance of the skin and improve the tone and texture of the skin.
2. In which we are using certain procedures and injections to release the wrinkles of the face, improve the structure of your face and reduce the age related folds on the skin.
Let us see these categories one by one. So if you want to improve the surface of the skin we can utilize chemical peels, microdermabrasions, or we can use some laser devices. And when we want to improve the age related folds and structures of the face we can use Botulinum Protein injections, dermal fillers and radio frequency devices.
Chemical peeling is very simple, safe and very effective procedure performed in medical clinics. Fruit acids are used by the medical practitioners to bring out better looking skin, reduce the dullness, improve the fine lines and also to reduce the pigmentation. Usually this procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes, and 4 to 6 sessions are required probably within 2 to 3 months of the treatment span. With every treatment you get results but if you complete the sessions results are more recorded.
Microdermabrasion is a machine based exfoliation treatment in which dull and dead skin is exfoliated with the help of aluminum oxide crystals. So with the help of these crystals the skin is sanded against the vacuum through the machine, it results in smoothening of the skin and also resurfacing. This procedure can be performed on all skin types for instant glow.
Let's talk about lasers now. Lasers are energy based systems which are used to stimulate collagen which will result in the reduction of fine line and also in tightening of your skin. Usually 4 to 6 sessions of lasers are required which are employed in a gap of 2 to 3 weeks in between the two sessions. Laser procedures are completely painless. A treatment would last for about 15 to 20 minutes. Usually 4 to 6 sessions of laser treatment are required with a gap of 2 to 3 weeks in between the treatment so as to produce long lasting results.
Coming to the treatments which are going to improve the wrinkles and the folds of ageing.
Botulinum Protein injections are probably the most famous anti ageing treatment in the world. These are simple injections which are strategically placed in the muscles of the face so as to relax them temporarily resulting in the reduction of the wrinkles, particularly the wrinkles on the forehead, area, around the eyes are effectively treated . It’s a simple lunchtime procedure which can be performed within 15/20 minutes. Result will be seen within 2 to 14 days.
Yet another fascinating treatment in anti ageing segment is the use of dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are ready syringes containing hyaluronic gel which is a natural sugar molecule present in everyone's body and skin but is reduced because of the ageing process. The syringes are injected into the various areas of the face so as to reduce the age related folds around the nose, around the mouth, to volumize certain areas like cheeks, reshape the chin and the nose as well. The best part of dermal fillers is they produce instantaneous result immediately after injecting and are very comfortable in most of the individuals.
In case, some of the clients are not willing to take injections and for them we can use radiofrequency tightening devices to reduce the folds and also to tighten the skin. The radio frequency device utilized at skin space. It is US FDA approved technology. The procedure just feels like a warm massage over the face and the neck area and does not cause any pain. Usually a session takes about 30 to 45 minutes and 4 to 6 sessions are performed at varying intervals based on your skin quality and the ageing process affecting your face. With ease of availability of all these procedures it is possible for everyone to look young and attractive.
If you want to know more about anti-ageing procedures you can contact me through Lybrate.com or visit me personally at skin space clinic. Thank You.