Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PreetamYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. m suffering from weakness n dark circle appears under my eyes is zincovit tablet is good can I take it but for how many months pls help thanks.
How to Take Care of Your Hair?
Long hair is an all time cherished dream of girls and women. I have been seeing patients of hair loss and they would always recall their good days when they used to have good lengthy hair. They would invariably lament about the loss of long hair they were having in teenage and before marriage. This is the type of concern women have for their hair. Having lusty, shining, long hair is a sign of beauty and feminine grace. Some precautions have to be taken for all types of hair, which are briefed in following heading but long hair need utmost care so that they are not lost easily.
- No brushing should be done immediately after washing.
- Winding the hair, encasing them in rubber bands and then fixing clips or hooks should be done lightly and never too tightly.
- Winding the hair into tight plaits and then wearing chignon (coil of hair worn at the back of head) pulls the hair form scalp. I have seen many patients, especially girls, having this habit that ultimately ends in bald spots in head.
- Similar is the case with the girls who bind their back hairs in ponytails or buns. One should not confine to one style and go on changing the style so that the hair do not experience a direct pull in this fashion everyday and get pulled.
- Regarding types of curlers, rollers, combs, brushes, etc., these topics are discussed here below under different types of hair. Those rules are applicable for long hair,
- If you do not apply little amount of oil over the hair regularly, you will loose the hair and their shine.
- The best is to adopt the homeopathic method, ‘like cures like’ Apply little oil to the greasy scalp. Since the scalp itself is producing more of oil, the presence of oil on the scalp would stop production of oil from within. The imbalance will thus be overruled.
- If you are washing the hair twice in a week (women), make it thrice a week. Apply some oil, massage it into scalp and leave it for at least one hour on your scalp before washing it with shampoo. Men should do it five times a week.
- If you are using harsh, highly scented and strong hair-care products like soaps, shampoos and oils, leave them.
- Improve your diet to make it nutritional.
- Take half a bottle of distilled water and add some lemon juice in it. Now rinse your hair with this mixture to remove oiliness of hair.
- It is always in your own interest that you should consult a beauty parlor when you do not find relief after testing the mentioned methods. No relief means that you need help of a conditioner to remove/rectify oiliness.
- Use of heat-styling appliances; dryers for drying the hair after washing and over-exposure to the sun should be avoided.
- Take nutritional food.
- Do not adopt rigorous cleaning methods or routine. Use a good hair oil to massage the hair. If the dryness is more, the hair become brittle. Do not massage the scalp vigorously.
- Steaming the hair once a fortnight also helps in dry hairs. Massaging and steaming as a follow-up gives good result.
- Do not wash the hair frequently with shampoo.
- Do not comb or brush strongly.
WAVY HAIR (Hairs Having Waves):-
- Wavy hairs are not curly but have waves as you find in the sea or sand dunes.
- Those who have wavy hair, they should wash their hair with a shampoo that has shine enhancing gradients.
- After washing, dry the hair in natural ways and separate the hair with comb that has wide-teeth so that there is no entanglement and pulling while combing the hair.
- Wavy hair needs good conditioners and more care than straight hair.
- Straight hair lies flat on the scalp.
- Since such hair lie flat, they gather more dust. Naturally these straight hair are mostly dense and hence they need deep cleaning shampoo.
- Such hair needs at least three washing a week.
- They are more prone to develop dandruff.
- Oiling and massaging the scalp is essential and it should be one night before washing schedule.
- Curly hair get dry very soon.
- For washing curly hair, a shampoo with good moisture-gradient is necessary.
- To bring a shine to curly hair, dry them with towel and expose to sun or natural air. In curly hairs, fingers reach easily up to the scalp. Use your fingers to disentangle them and then use wide toothed comb or brush to keep them at place.
Use Homoeopathy for any type of hair problem.
I am 24 years old. I have so many pimples. The pimples are creating black marks. So now what can I do? Please advise.
Please doctor btaye kaise Baal Jo lagatar kam hote jaa rhe h unhe fir se pahle jaisa Ghana aur majbut bnaya jaa sakta h.
Hi doctors , I am 25 years old male, I have less hair growth on head, chin and mustache. Growth speed is less, It takes two months if I cut my hair and i'll be shaving my beard once in two weeks. Please advise.
Hair growth is now a days a top most priority for everyone. Be it of any age group people, everyone wants to have a good volume of hair. Fruits are always been considered as a good source of vitamins and fibre. They help by making scalp and hair roots grow strong. This ensures a proper blood circulation in the scalp that in turn helps in hair growth! Below are few fruits name which are not only beneficial to our health but are also good for hair growth.
Gooseberry / Amala: Adding amla paste or oil in our hair packs conditions the hair to a great extent preventing them from split ends. Dried amla paste helps in opening of the pores helping the scalp to produce natural oils which not only encourages hair re-growth gives extra shine to the hairs.
Coconut: Coconut is useful in many ways for our hair and skin. The fats found in coconut, give moisture in hair and condition our hair. Coconut oil is widely used for good hair and scalp massage as it gives relations and also opens up the pores. Even many people use coconut water to wash their hairs.
Pomegranates: Drinking pomegranate juice helps in strengthening hair follicles. Hair loss can be also prevented by using pomegranate extract. Pomegranate seed oil is used in many spas for hair massage. It stimulates hair growth making hair stronger, thick and healthy. One of the other important benefits of pomogranates is that it helps in combating other hair loss problems such as dandruff, itching etc.
Citrus fruits like oranges, lemon: One of the essential components for hair growth is Vitamin C. Having vitamin C deficiency can make our hairs weak, lustreless, and prone to breakage. It helps in preventing premature greying of the hairs. Juices of vitamin C-containing fruits help in controlling dandruff. We know how dried peel paste is useful for our skin but very few of us know that dries peel paste can be used in our hair pack too. It cleanses the scalp and works as an excellent conditioner giving the hairs volume and shine. Some fruits like passion fruit, guava, black currants, bread fruit and kiwi help in promoting hair thickness as well as growth.
Bananas: Bananas contain potassium, so when banana paste is applied to the hairs it softens the hair. Banana paste is used in many hair packs for hair growth, give shine and manageability. Bananas contain natural oils that help in soften hairs and protect the natural elasticity of the hairs by preventing split ends and breakage.
Strawberries: Strawberry is a good source of important minerals such as copper, manganese and magnesium. These minerals produce complexes that can inhibit fungal growth on the scalp. Strawberry also protects the scalp cell membranes from other problems which generally grow when we come in contact with water.
Apple: Paste of the leaves and skin of green apple works wonders to cure dandruff. This paste can be used as a shampoo too. Applying green apple juice is also a simple home-made remedy for strengthening the locks, enhancing hair growth and preventing hair loss. Apple also balances the hair and scalp pH, treating dandruff and hair loss problems.
Avocado: Avocado contain lots of vital nutrients including important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, B, C, E, K and iron, copper, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus which is very useful in keeping our skin and hair hydrated. Avocado oil adds shine and lustre to hair as well as prevents hair loss and promoting hair growth. Simple avocado paste when applied in hair conditions the hair too.
Papaya: Papaya is rich in nutrients which help preventing baldness, and boosts hair-growth giving strengthen to the hairs. Papaya works greatly also for treating and controlling dandruff. Papaya leaf extracts when used as a conditioner on dull, unruly and lifeless hair, it results into thick, strong, shiny and healthy hair.