Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pravesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have a problem while eating spicy food. Burning sensation or feeling around wisdom teeth area. Rest of the area in the month is fine. Please suggest.
I am amit from pathankot when I eat something started teeth pain whats do please give me suggestion.
My friend is 23 years old. While talking with him I feel bad smell coming out from his mouth. So, how can I suggest him to overcome this problem.
I want to know the general cost of getting a braces. Its duration. Will it change the shape of my mouth?
It was on 4th jan 2016 when I was cleaning my tongue with my tongue cleaner I mistakenly touched it with my uvula and it started bleeding a bit and from that day I had difficulty in swallowing food then one I night I also had some breathing issues and after that night I went to a doctor and prescribed some medicines and after having the medicines within 2 to 3 days I was feeling ok. But now is 21st march and I don't have any problem in swallowing food but still I fill that my uvula is not stable and I can just feel it is lingering in my mouth where I don't have any problem in swallowing food and any other things. What should I do now please suggest?
I am facing sensitivity in my two teeth from last 7 months. My doctor had recommended me to use colgate sensitive toothpaste n brush. I am regularly using both but still facing the same problem. Please guide me.
Mera root canal kiya hua dadh bolte hai usko wo hai. Usme root canal kiye 3 year huye hai usme side me choti si fodli hui usko dentist KO bataya to usne x- ray nikalke dekha to usme paru ho raha he. So uske liye kya tritment ho Sakti he? Dant ka tritment ho ya dant nikalna hi padega. Hard dant he so kese hoga?
My mother used to have pain sensation in her teeth/gums And also a feeling of mild sour taste in gums What this could be.
My teeth is ZIG ZAG. When I smile it looks very bad. I want my teeth straight. And I don't want to change my original teeth anyway to repair teeth without changing the teeth.
Sometimes bleeding gums while brushing. I used to brush softly using sensodine tooth brush yet gums is bleeding. What should I have to do?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.