Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Praveer AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My brother who is suffering from low BP please tell me what is the cause or reason of low blood pressure.
My brother. Total cholesterol 256.5 LDL 190.534 Total cholesterol /HDL ratio 5.446 LDL/HDL Cholesterol ratio 4.045 So tell me What can I do you him.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard please help me. Thank you.
I have heart at right side with hole and filled with water. And valves are twisted. Please suggest me.
Main 5 year se bahut jyada sarab peeta ho. Chodna bhi chahta ho. Par chodne par mere arms me head me chest me pain hone lgta hai. Doctors ko dikhya ECG BLOOD TEST X RAY sab thik hai. Unhone kuch antacid tablet di thi. Kuch aaram ho jata hai. But sarab band karne par phir wahi hota hai. I feel like burning my arms. Heart burn, head pain,. Aur bahut baar lagta hai ke bajuo me bilkul jaan hi nahi hai. Sayad nurve system par asar kiya. please help me please or high bp ki problem hai. please suggest me.
My father aged 59 years was in good health but recently he met with an accident and has a mild fracture at ribs and back and has a minor problem with sugar level and Bp. He fainted twice due to sugar level or bp though he is a sugar patient ,he has no bp so far. While examining doctor has advised him Glimisave m2 for sugar, before he was taking glimi 2 (m2) and for bp doctor has given tab telma 20 and for cholesterol tab Tonact D (10. Is it ok to take cholesterol tablet? He don't have cholesterol problem. Do not know why doctor has advised him cholesterol tablet. Is it necessary to take that tablet? Please advice us. Thank you.
I am 43 years old, female. I have fatty liver and ischemic heart problem and high cholesterol. I take regular ceruvin 75 What food is perfect for me?
A holter is a a 24-48 hour hour ECG that is used to evaluate disturbances in the rhythm of your heart. A holter monitor is a little, battery controlled therapeutic gadget that measures your heart's actions, for example, rate and cadence. Your specialist may request that you utilize one, in case that they require more data about how your heart functions, that a normal electrocardiogram (EKG) cannot give them. Twenty four hour holter monitoring is an important test to record your heart's rate and cadence for twenty four hours.
You wear the holter small monitor for twelve to forty-eight hours as you continue with your usual everyday routine. This gadget has cathodes and electrical leads like a standard ECG. It can get your heart's rate and beat as well as when you feel neck pains or display indications of an unpredictable pulse or arrhythmia.
Here is how it usually works:
- The holter monitor is very small. It is marginally bigger than a deck of playing cards. A few leads or wires, are attached to your body like an ECG. The leads connect with cathodes that are put on the skin of your chest with a paste like gel. The metal anodes direct your heart's movement through the wires and into the holter screen.
- You wear a little pocket around your neck that holds the recorder. It is important to keep the monitor near your body during the testing time frame to ensure the readings are precise.
- You will get guidelines that disclose how to deal with your monitor and what not to do while you are wearing it. It is vital to abstain from activities, such as washing, exercising, or running, while you are wearing the screen.
- You are urged to take an interest in your typical routine during the holter twenty-four-hour test. You will be coordinated to record your routine in a journal.
- A 24-hour holter test is effortless. Make sure to record any pain, fast pulse, or other cardiovascular symptoms you have during the testing period. Keep the Holter dry to guarantee it works properly. Scrub down or shower before your arrangement to have the screen fitted and do not apply any moisturizers or creams. Stay away from exercises that may lead to the screen getting wet.
- Electrical fields may meddle with the capacity of the holter screen. Keep away from zones of high voltage while wearing the screen.
The results can somewhat be determined as follows:
- After the suggested testing time allotment has passed, you will come back to your specialist's office to have the holter monitor removed. Your specialist will read your movement and examine the aftereffects of the screen. Depending upon the results of the test, you may need to experience additional testing before a conclusion is made.
- The holter monitor may uncover underlying disturbances in your heart rate that may go unnoticed and will help your doctor in treatment of the condition. This is an a very informative and useful tests specially if you have irregular heart beats, fast heart beats, unexplained dizziness or fainting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am hypertensive.My bp goes up to 150/90 if i forget to take medicine.How to keep control on bp & keep it below 130/80
My mother age is 50 years .she has severe high blood pressure around 180 upper level. She takes daily 0.25 mg tablet of controlling .what are the necessary precautions to be taken to avoid stroke .and also foods that to be avoided strictly.
I have high blood pressure from 8 months. I am taking medicine metoprolol 50 but still it is not control.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My mother had an open heart surgery exactly 2 years back. Her 1 valve was changed and one repaired. She is regular on checkups. This time her INR is 1.74 which is thick blood. Normal IAnR should be 2.5.And today in the morning she had blood coming out of her mouth. What could be the reasons for that? She is 54 years of age.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I am a female aged 55 years I have been diagnosed with diabetics bp and thyroid and now cholesterol is a problem please suggest me how to control ?all these is sugar in the urine ok or is there is a complication.
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.