Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praveena SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I'm not taking no pills and have unprotected sex and it only little bits blood shows now on tissue lines of it. What should i do to avoid pregnancy.
How long this bleeding will continue due to taking unwanted 72 ?any risk in later? What is effect of it later? No pregnancy in later?
I am suffering from ovarian cysts. Kindly suggest me some medication or treatment as I don't want to do surgery.
Since 2 years I am getting periods late. Than normal expected date even it comes as late as 20 days after the expected date can you please help me to get the periods regular I am very much worried always if I am pregnant .but my premenstrualsigns start before 10 of expected date and ends after my period starts .it is very painful in legs and my back.
My wife tried ovulation test kit for continuous 5 days at a particular time from day 10 to day 15 of monthly period. But no positive results came. So we r worried a little. Is there any major issue?
I have not got my periods since 19th jan 2017, I have done home urine test which came negative. Can I still be pregnant? Just to update, we are trying to conceive. I feel dizzy and sleepy all the time.
I have 3 months old baby and when few days back I fell ill and couldn't have proper food for 3 days I am now unable to produce enough milk. My left breast is producing negligible amount of milk.
How emotions affect our health.
You are not a drop in the ocean but an ocean in every drop.
What did he mean by that. Every cell in our body is intelligent to think and act. We have 60 trillion cellsy in our body and our health depends a lot on the harmonic balance and cohesion of the cells with each other.
- In the movie eat, pray love, julia roberts visits a wise man in bali, and he advises her not to try too hard to meditate. In fact he suggests that meditation is nothing but smiling and the line that is a kicker, is" smile with your liver"
- If you believe that this is just a metaphor, lets look at the other end of the spectrum to prove just how crucial this is.
- Let us say you hold a negative emotion towards somebody, something or some event in your life. Each time you think of that your whole body re-lives the emotional upheaval of that association.
- Your mind doesn't have a mind of its own, and doesn't know if the event is happening in real time or it is being replayed. So it produces the same stress hormones. Each and every cell of your body starts feeling the same emotion of let us say" hatred" towards that event, person or experience all over again.
- The body is not at ease. This is a state where the condition of dis-ease sets in.
- If you continue to live in that state, your cells are now getting conditioned to live in the same state.
- The upanishads talk about *" yatha pinde tatha brahmande"* as is the atom so is the universe.
- Health of a person, depends on how well all the systems of the body and the *60 trillion cells* play the melody of harmony together.
- When the cells are living in a state of hatred, they soon start exhibiting that with each other and killing healthy cells in the body. This leads to many forms of auto immune disease.
- Like rumi said. You are not a drop in the ocean, you are an ocean in every drop.
- Be careful of your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions.
- Forgive people, not because they deserve it, but because you need it. Stay happy, stay healthy.
Sir I was suffering from herpes 7 months before. Now some time their is small etching problem on private part. Please tell me their is some thing serious or not.
Memory is something which runs the world. Memory boosting techniques are most common among the children. All parents would want their children to have good memory. Adults also loose the capacity of remembering things when they are under stress.
Here are some of the foods which would help boosting the memory:
1. Cabbage: Cabbage head is not the insult as you may perceive. It is a good source of folic acid which helps boost memory.
2. Eggs: Eggs are the primary source of protein and are said to increase the memory. A good omelet on any day for breakfast is a good deal to improve your memory.
3. Broccoli: A little sister of cauliflower broccoli is a good source of protein again. Broccoli can be eaten in boiled state as a side or stir fried way as salad. Add some veggies to stir fried broccoli with salad dressing, you get fantastic salad which not only boosts the taste of your palette but also boosts your memory.
4. Strawberries: The favorite most of all, eating strawberries a day would surely improve your memories. Strawberries can be eaten in any way. Shake it up with little milk and chia seeds, you get a fantastic shake which has refreshing taste and goodness of strawberry.
5. Red Wine: Many people swear by this quality of red wine which would help them boost memory. It is said that wine which is older is the better for improving memory powers. Consuming wine with food is the best way to have it.
6. Salmon: Definitely not an option for vegans and vegetarians, salmon is considered to be the best source of protein and hence boosts memory power.
7. Almonds: Indians swear by almonds for their capacity to boost memory. Soaked and eaten as first thing in the morning peeled almonds are the best source of protein too.
I am 36 year old, I have 10 month baby. I have mensuration 2 month correctly, this month 40 days has went, not yet mensus I am. Is anything problem. Not possible for pregnant.
Hi, I again took the same tablet after 3 days. But now it's been 13 days of consumption of my first tablet, I haven't received withdrawal bleeding. Are there any chances of mine being pregnant? What are the side effects of consuming these tablets?
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.