Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen RayYour feedback matters!
Physiotherapy plays a pivotal role in helping a person recover after a hip replacement surgery. It brings back the old flexibility and prevents blood clots in the area where the procedure has taken place. After the surgery team gives its green signal, a physiotherapist starts working with a patient for a full recovery.
Here is a list of some common exercises that a physiotherapist suggests after a hip replacement surgery:
- Walking: It is important to use the crutches for a time period of 4-5 weeks post the procedure. Until the surgeon or the physiotherapist advises against using the crutches, it makes sense to use it while walking. It makes sense to retain the normal walking posture by using the crutches rather than limping without it. A physiotherapist reviews the pressure exerted by the arm while holding a crutch, before advising the patient to get rid of the crutches.
- Increasing hip flexibility: This is a basic form of exercise where an individual lies on one side of the body with knees and hips bent. A pillow is placed in between the knees. While doing this, it should be ensured that both the feet is kept together and the back muscle is not twisted. The top knee should be slowly raised like an opening of the calm shell. This position should be maintained for 4-5 seconds.
- Strengthening the hips: The body should rest on the stomach. The buttocks should be tightened and one leg should be slowly lifted. This position should be maintained for a stretch of 3-5 seconds. The same should be repeated for both the legs.
- Strengthening the hip and the stomach muscle: The body should rest on the back with a leg bent. The stomach muscle should be tightened and the bent leg should be lifted carefully while ensuring that the bend does not supersede more than 90 degrees. While keeping the stomach muscle tight, the lifted leg should slowly come down to touch the surface. This act should be repeated for 5-6 times.
- Strengthening the thigh muscle: While sitting in a steady chair, an elastic loop should be wrapped around the ankles. The elastic loop should be stretched with one leg while keeping the other foot firmly rooted to the ground. The lifted foot should slowly come down to the normal position. The same act should be repeated for 4-5 times.
- Improving balance: An elastic loop should be tied to one leg of a table and the other end of the loop should be tied to one ankle. The table should be held on for maintaining balance. Maintaining an erect position, the tied up ankle should be stretched sideways. The position should be maintained for 3-5 seconds to return back to normal standing position.
Since last one year I am suffering severe pain in the left leg. In MRI report it has found herniated disc problem between L5 and S1. Is there any exercise is helpful in this situation. Pls guide.
I was suffering from chikungunya but still have weakness nd joint pain every time I feel ill n want to lie on bed no energy I get tired only by standing for 5 min and from yesterday during I found whole roof is moving please suggest me m bored now being a ill person.
I have problem of leg pain and I consulted so many times but it's not working so I want you to suggest what should I done.
Dear I am suffering spin pain last three to four years, checked by many doctors but not relif and last few months back many pain after night sleep,(I have MRI report)
I have very pain in my right leg from few months? I take few medicine from nearest medical shop. But no relief to pain. please help me?
I have a low back pain. When it comes usually lasts for about 3 to 4 days. Even a simple walk gets difficult during the pain time. Is there a home remedy or anything I can try until I get my appointment fixed?
For sore muscles and joints, apply a cream or ointment that contains capsaicin, the active ingredient in chile peppers, two or three times a day. The heat from the peppers has been shown to help relieve pain.
Hi This is viji. I feel pain in hand. In hand the pain is bone joining point. I can not lift things, even when I bath I can not hold water mug. That time it giving more pain. Please give me your valuable solutions?
I am 22 years old and I had problem on my backbone is paining. We use some of the medicine but nothing should work so what should I do.
I am suffering from an ankle sprain for the past few years. It was caused when my ankle hit the ground on impact. I at times have difficulty to walk on rugged surfaces which in turn causes more pain. How di I cure this ankle sprain.
These tips may help you avoid suffering with shin splints.
-use proper fitting shoes with good support
-make sure the insoles are shock-absorbing. If you have flat feet, good insoles are vital
-avoid hard surfaces, uneven terrain, or slanted slopes
-increase your intensity gradually
-make sure you are warmed up properly before doing exercise.