Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi sir. I have a 6 months baby girl. I have done all the types of vaccination which is mentioned in child doctors file. But I have an doubt that the vaccine of phnemonia is necessary to give to child or not in indian whether ?
Mangos are good for health or not 2 yers baby we have given to mangos then which type of health issues we have faced.
My Son Is 19 Months Old. His Weight Is 9kgs And Look Like Weak. He Is Not Getting His Personality. But He Is Very Active. He will not Eat Healthy Food, Juices, Soups.
My girl is 14 month old, she is not on breastfeeding now and was eating solids, two weeks back she got cold from that she stopped eating food, now she is cured too, but now to she avoids food, I used to give rice dal idli dosa chapatti but now she almost avoids everything, if I compel she cries n never open mouth, hardly she eats 1 spoon of what I give then goes away, im totally scared seeing this is there any solution for this? Is this a very serious issue?
My baby girl now 15months and 8kgs weight, problem is she used to vomit always from 6, 7months. If she see rice and smell it she feel like vomit. She vomits regularly if her stomach full and from starting piece of food she sound vomit, I am fully depressed, please suggest me.
My daughter is 2 nd half month. She feed properly. Bt she can not slip properly. Some time she slip .bt some time not slip properly. What the reason? Wht some time not slip properly. What the reason? What care? Any sedative medication she can not slip properly. Some time she slip .bt some time not slip properly. What the reason? Wht care? Any sedative medition give her?
My two months old baby s spitting milk a lot after feed. Now a days he s spitting like curd type. Is it normal. After every feed im burping him. But also he s spitting like curd type. Kindly let me know is it normal? How to overcome wth these. Kindly advice.
Sir please suggest foods that help in building immunity against cough n cold. My daughter suffers often from cough n cold n tends to lose weight rapidly. Please suggest.
I have 4 year son. When he eats pomegranates fever come. When it papaya vomiting come. Frequently stomach pain and fever. Doctors and reports say everything is ok. Where is problem.
My sons testicles looks seems small, he is 8.8 yrs old. What should I do, is it normal, when consulted pediatrician, he said it is normal until he comes to age of 16, but still not convinced.
My son is having a cough n cold n fever since two days I have given him vikoryl due to which fever has gone n to some extent even cold is also gone but cough is accumulated in the chest kindly suggest me some home remedies or medicine to remove the cough from the chest.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
My baby 4 yrs. Old. He is suffering from bed wetting since 15 days & so irritable. He feeding only grind food n nothing else. What should I do?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!