Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen MakhijaYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old male patient suffering from spondylitis. There is acute pain in right hand. I have taken so many medicines. Please suggest.
My mother is 37 year old. She have back pain problem please help me. And give me some homemade solution?
Sir I have a problem in my thigh some area is not sence properly what is this cause sir I have also leg pain some times in night time.
Hello sir, I'm 21 year old and I have an problem in my back there Is a pain which is fluctuating from one side to another. I consult with many doctors and paid on many reports like x-ray, MRI and many blood check up but they all are normal showing. I am suffering from last 3 year. And from last month my right eye got allergy and it goes red like blood flow in eye and I not see near about from my right eye clearly does this problem is related with my old problem.
hi I get severe heaviness in the head.Can see clearly though.Is it because of not eating at regular intervals. Also have pain in the neck and shoulder area sometimes .Cervical xray shows no spondalysis. I feel good when i eat vertin 16 and stemtil md. But i cant eat that forever.Need to understand the real reason behind that and cure that. Being suffering for 4 years in parts. Thanks.
I have lot of back pain I can't walk for more than 5 min. I want to know should I try to walking more?
I don't have regular pain in shoulder joint. But whenever I play tennis or throw a ball. The shoulder tends to pain a lot. What is the reason and remedy for the same?
Hello I'm 22 years old. I'm having back bone pain. Mostly feel back pain when I lift something. Please help me.
I am Siva 18 years old. I am having some neck pain I will not use pillow for sleeping I will use my hand in my head during sleeping due to this any problem will arise later or I have to avoid sleeping with hands as pillow what is the correct posture and how to sleep without using pillow.
I am a 28 year old guy . I use ti to drive my bike 60 km pet day I am having backache and neck pain could you suggest me best ointment.
Physiotherapy plays a pivotal role in helping a person recover after a hip replacement surgery. It brings back the old flexibility and prevents blood clots in the area where the procedure has taken place. After the surgery team gives its green signal, a physiotherapist starts working with a patient for a full recovery.
Here is a list of some common exercises that a physiotherapist suggests after a hip replacement surgery:
- Walking: It is important to use the crutches for a time period of 4-5 weeks post the procedure. Until the surgeon or the physiotherapist advises against using the crutches, it makes sense to use it while walking. It makes sense to retain the normal walking posture by using the crutches rather than limping without it. A physiotherapist reviews the pressure exerted by the arm while holding a crutch, before advising the patient to get rid of the crutches.
- Increasing hip flexibility: This is a basic form of exercise where an individual lies on one side of the body with knees and hips bent. A pillow is placed in between the knees. While doing this, it should be ensured that both the feet is kept together and the back muscle is not twisted. The top knee should be slowly raised like an opening of the calm shell. This position should be maintained for 4-5 seconds.
- Strengthening the hips: The body should rest on the stomach. The buttocks should be tightened and one leg should be slowly lifted. This position should be maintained for a stretch of 3-5 seconds. The same should be repeated for both the legs.
- Strengthening the hip and the stomach muscle: The body should rest on the back with a leg bent. The stomach muscle should be tightened and the bent leg should be lifted carefully while ensuring that the bend does not supersede more than 90 degrees. While keeping the stomach muscle tight, the lifted leg should slowly come down to touch the surface. This act should be repeated for 5-6 times.
- Strengthening the thigh muscle: While sitting in a steady chair, an elastic loop should be wrapped around the ankles. The elastic loop should be stretched with one leg while keeping the other foot firmly rooted to the ground. The lifted foot should slowly come down to the normal position. The same act should be repeated for 4-5 times.
- Improving balance: An elastic loop should be tied to one leg of a table and the other end of the loop should be tied to one ankle. The table should be held on for maintaining balance. Maintaining an erect position, the tied up ankle should be stretched sideways. The position should be maintained for 3-5 seconds to return back to normal standing position.