Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Kumar Pandey
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar PandeyYour feedback matters!
Hello mere mamma Ko 2-3 din se khansi Ari hai but sukhi khansi hai bulgam ni Nikal Raha is liye unke chest me pain hora hai khasne ki wajah se please koi syrup ya medicine bataiye mummy ki age 45.
I am having tonsils from last two years I go to doctor to get medicine then it decrease but again it comes after 1 month. Tell me what I want to do and why this happening. I don't want to take operation. Thanks.
I have many problems. But a particular disease which is very pain to me. That is my cough. I want to leave this problem. I have searched lot of doctors to solve this problem. But no use. I had great pain on my stomach during cough.
Hi sir, I am having cough from last 4 ti 5 months I have done TB test its negative Is it because of air pollution. Pls advice what to do if it is because of pollution?
I am 39 years old from chennai. A week ago seems had some throat infection. Was having little pain when swallowing food and was also coughing. Had around 100 degree fever for 2 days so took dolo 650 one tablet for 2 days. Now no fever for last 2 days and throat pain also not there. But little coughing and body ache and still feel some irritation in throat. Seems some allergy. please suggest.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 4 week and I have chest pain whenever can you suggest what should be done?
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!