Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KhattarYour feedback matters!
My right eye head (near neck) and right side teeths r paining from couple of days. What might be it?
I am a dental student and I have problem of halitosis (badbreath) it is mainly because of some white patches present on my tounge. I have more fluoride content in my oral cavity n even I dont have any caries please let me know the solution. I do use mouth spray n drink lot of water bt ter Are almost use less. please help.
Its been more than a week I have severe pain in my jaws. Tried all home remedies but no use. Please suggest what to do ?
I am having gum bleeding, in morning when I brush then I am having such problem please suggest than can I use salt and oil mustard sarso)
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do?
Sir, my problem is mouth ulcers. I want to know whether it is due to excessive use of pain killers that I have taken during spinal injury?
Mouthwash has become an essential ingredient of one's oral hygiene kit. Though not a substitute for flossing or brushing, it offers additional oral protection. Due to a host of ingredients, such as alcohol,
Chlorhexidine, cetylpyridinium chloride, menthol, methyl salicylate, fluoride, antibacterial enzymes, hydrogen peroxide, essential oils, zinc chloride and other herbs and "natural" ingredients mouthwash has a number of benefits.
Alcohol is the basic ingredient in all of them. While fluoride protects against decay, chlorhexidine protects against gum diseases. Hydrogen peroxide produces a mild bleaching effect. Herbs and essential oils produce a freshening effect.
Benefits of using a mouthwash
1. Reduces formation of tartar and plaque.
2. Protects from oral problems like gingivitis and periodontal disease, especially if it contains cetylpyridinium or essential oils. Chlorhexidine is also effective in protecting plaque formation and gingivitis.
3. Kills bacteria in the mouth and prevents cavities or decay, especially if it contains fluoride.
4. Mouthwash, to some extent, covers up bad breath due to oral hygiene or oral disease and produces a fresher breath.
5. Certain mouthwashes containing cetylpyridinium chloride and zinc chloride produce a better breath freshening effect.
6. Helps manage dry mouth, especially if containing biotene.
Types of Mouthwash
The cosmetic one is usually for freshening up the breath and is not regulated by the FDA. The therapeutic ones contain active ingredients aimed at addressing one of the issues like plaque formation, bad breath, dry mouth, or decay. They kill bacteria, reduce plaque, fight gingivitis, and control decay. They are not a substitute for brushing or flossing but supplement these two very well. These are approved by FDA and are proven in terms of safety and efficacy. Rinses with zinc chloride are effective against bad breath, those with fluoride are useful in people who are cavity-prone, and chlorhexidine helps prevent gum disease.
Choosing a mouthwash: This depends on the oral health condition, and it is always advisable that the dentist prescribes the right rinse for you.
When and how to use mouthwash: When you are done with your brushing and flossing, rinse your mouth with a capful of the mouthwash liquid. Swish it around your mouth for about 30 seconds and spit it out. Avoid brushing, drinking water, or rinsing your mouth after using a mouthwash for about 15 to 20 minutes. This will give sufficient time for the active ingredients in the mouthwash (especially if it is a therapeutic one) to act in the mouth. Brushing after mouthwash removes all the effect of the rinse.
I have removed my wisdom teeth in january, but still I feel some leakage of fluids in my wisdom teeth place. I have applied many gels. I am a diabetic too. (During removal of teeth doctor has used hammer for removal. Please help.
Dr. ,I brush my teeth regularly but yellowish colour appear on my teeth .I don't know what I do? I couldn't clean my tongue. Can you please suggest me an idea?
I always feel a pain in my teeth after brush and after taking some foods or cold water. What to do for its solution. Please reply me at the earliest you can.
Hi, I'm 25 years old for last 4 days I'm suffering with mouth ulcer what i have to do please let me know.
I am 26 years old and I have teeth pain last three months I used pain relief tablets last two months but no relief pls suggest me with good medicine.
Hi I am 23 years old and my question is that I do brush and wash my mouth tounge and teeth also but I have a bad smell breathe so kindly give me a proper way to solve me bad breathe problem.
I need 2 implants on the right upper side 1-4 and 1-5. Extractions were done 3 months ago. Need the cost and treatment time along with no of sittings
Can I do teeth whitening (bleaching) at home or should go to dentist for that? suggest me some best bleaching kit available at medical stores.
I am a 19 year college girl and having bad mouth smell what can I do to get rid off and does its the effect of any other medical condition I'm very much worried of it and I'm having shy to talk with my friends.
- INTRA ORAL CAMERA.
- This is used to capture images of the teeth, which are then displayed on a large monitor or computer screen.
What is it's purpose?
- Sometimes you think your teeth are perfectly fine, and all you need is a cleaning. But there might be a tooth that is positioned completely behind in the jaw, and decayed and not visible to your eye. Ouch !
- You might be completely unaware that your teeth has turned black due to decay, or has accumulated stains and tartar on the back of tooth surface due to excessive coffee, tea or smoking that requires cleaning, or swelling and pus in the gum, or an fractured cusp.
OH! So what?
- These teeth that are causing hidden troubles are photographed for you using this pen like device and projected on screen ,and the dentist explains to you what exact treatment you need to undergo and why.
Isn't it always good, to be aware of every process that you undergo and understand why you need a particular treatment?
It's proven fact that anxiety decreases when the patient is more mentally prepared for the procedure.
This new technological advancement is patient friendly and highly self explanatory in nature