Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KhattarYour feedback matters!
HelloDoctor I am facing very painful in my mouth due to swelling in my gums. I think It is because I am doing tooth brush at least 15 minute in 2 times a day. So please help me and recommended me some medicine and prevention.
I have a peculiar irritation and sometimes burning in my mouth, I eat only dhal and rice, no spices, no fruits and sometimes some vegs. Also beacause I cannot eat due to irritation. I an 57 yrs and not a diabetic. I have two kids both married and settled sometimes I gargle my mouth with antacid as adviced. It gives some relief for a short time. Please Help me to get out of irritation and help me to lead a normal life.
My teeth are in yellow color. How can I change or with what I can clean my teeth. As well, while brushing blood is coming few times. How to stop or avoid it.
I wasn't ate dinner n lunch for 3/4 times due to my tongue n opposite side whole pain n aches; I am very tear and what I should be taken?
Any dentist. Please help me. I regularly brush my teeth. In morning & before going to bed also. But still my teeth are not white, they look yellow! please help me.
I am a male 58 years, I get mouth ulcers often and sometimes in the tongue could you please tell me the reason for same and remedy, if any diet changes required, I am a vegetarian mostly, also I have acidity and have problem while lying down.
I'm fed up with my mouth ulser (chala). It caught very frequently and would be very difficult for me eat anything. In summers, it's like hell, throughout summer I would be fighting with this curse. I did have consultation with many local doctors but no benefit. Please advise me please.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.