Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GuptaYour feedback matters!
My blood group is b+ and my husband is b-. I had two missed abortion in last 4 months. Duration was for 6 weeks. Clots start passing from 5th week.
Hii. Is it okie to use primolut tablet to postpone periods. I have taken the tablet continuously for 5 days. Wat are the side effects and how will it affect my body?
Hello medam meri frend h jiski mc date 22 tarik hai but aaj 4 tarik ho gyi tbhi tk nhi aayi kya problem ho gyi my age 18-19 year.
Having uti problem, white discharge and smell and diarrhea Dr. can you consult some medicine for uti and discharge and ways how to prevent it.
The moment you realize that you are going to be a mummy a lot of people start advising about healthy eating. What exactly is a healthy plan for pregnant women? It is very important for the mother to eat a balanced diet. Aiming to eat a healthy and balanced pregnancy diet that includes- one third of most meals should be starch-based foods (such as cereals, potatoes, rice, and wheat pasta), with fruit and vegetables. Keeping it fiber rich, good sources are wholegrain breads as well as fruit and vegetables. Eat some protein foods such as fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day. Choose lean meat. Try to avoid adding fat - for example, by not frying food. A total weight gain of 11-16 kg over the pregnancy is normal.
Include Foods with plenty of Iron, Calcium and Folic acid -
- Iron is mainly found in non vegetarian sources, pulses, dried fruit, green leafy vegetables, soybeans and fortified cereals.
- Calcium is mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, soybean and seeds.
- Folic acid is mainly found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Fish- in general, fish is a good source of protein and other nutrients. However, there are some important exceptions. Some types of fish contain a high level of mercury which can damage the developing nervous system of an unborn baby. Because of this, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) advises: Not to include eat any marlin or swordfish. Limit tuna - eat no more than 140 g or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
- Oily fish, includes- mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout and fresh tuna- not more than two helpings in a week.
- Foods and drinks to be avoided
- Food sources high in Listeria. Listeria is a germ (bacterium). Pregnant women are more likely to become infected with listeria and it sometimes causes complications. Foods which are most at risk of carrying listeria are: Undercooked meats and eggs, raw shellfish and raw fish and unpasteurized milk.
- Limit the amount of Caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day.
It is recommended that you visit a nutrition expert who can understand your daily requirements and activities and suggest a nutrition diet plan as per the same. The expert shall also consider your medical history and understand if you have a tendency to put on weight. A comprehensive pregnancy diet plan helps a woman relive stress and the right balance of antioxidants helps balance the body.
I have passed blood and traces of blood in my urine thrice in last 15 days, what do I do, show it to a urologist or get some test done.
Hi Am going to get married in 2 months but I've irregular periods problem. PCOD for past 5 yrs. Took lot of allopathy medicine. And have thyroid problem too. Kindly say a solution.
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries include producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
Hello Friends, Welcome to Lybrate India Youtube Channel. I am Dr Suneet V Shende, MD in Ayurved, practising Ayurveda and Panchakarma. We have two clinics in Navi Mumbai.
Today we will be discussing the topic of Ayurveda for wellness. We repeatedly discuss how “Prevention is better than Cure”.
But What exactly is Prevention? Very few of us are aware of that. Nowadays It has become a fashion to do preventive health check-ups through blood tests and other parameters. But a few blood tests and these parameters can not complete your preventive care. It may give an idea of your pathological condition but it may not give a complete idea of your physiological and mental health. Our 5000 years old ancient science gives an idea of preventive care.
Ayurveda, literally, means Life Science; ‘Ayur’ meaning Life and ‘Veda’ means Science. It gives a detailed idea on how to do things and spend your life on a day to day basis. There is a popular saying in Ayurveda that goes like “Swasthasya se Swasthya Rakshanam, Aturasya vikar prashamanamcha”. It means to take care of the healthy individual and also to take care of the diseased person by all preventive measures as is the aim of Ayurveda. How diseases are formed or how disturbances in health occur is also described in the ancient text in a beautiful manner. Ayurveda says that in a particular condition or at a particular time if a person is doing things in a proportionate or disproportionate manner then that is responsible for the wellness or illness. To get good health or wellness, we need to follow this principle.
We are mostly living in a 9-6 time for our daily routine. If we follow our daily routines in a proportionate manner, for example, intake of healthy food, regular exercise or yoga, follow proper sleep schedule, and if we spare time for family and social well being, then we can definitely achieve the health goal and can get supreme health. This may not happen due to sedentary lifestyles. We do not follow a proper diet, no proper sleep hours, no proper time devoted to regular exercise and yoga, resulting in individuals suffering from health problems at an early age. As early as twenty to twenty-five, many individuals are suffering from health problems. For examples, several young girls are having period issues and many young boys have joint pains or general weakness problem at a young age due to the sedentary lifestyle.
How to get rid of these problems and how to stay healthy by taking preventive measures?
Wellness is a lifelong path and is different for different persons and individuals. Ayurveda helps you to achieve your wellness journey through its basic principles. One cannot achieve the health goals without doing the detoxification because the toxics are responsible for the disease or illness. For detoxification, the Ayurveda Panchakarma procedure will support you in recovering from the illness, for getting relaxation from stress, and for getting rejuvenation from weakness. The Panchakarma, as the name suggests, is the process of five procedures which is the detoxification process in Ayurveda. As our body is formed by “Panch Mahabhutas” and “Tri Doshas”, Panchakarma procedure also works on the same principle. Panchakarma include the five main procedures and there are some sub processes.
- First procedure is the ‘Vamana Karma’, the scientific MSS process for tougher disorders or detoxification from the cougher disorder.
- Second is the ‘Virechana’ process, which is the scientific purgation process for the aggravated pitas disorder and the detoxification process for the ‘pitah doshas’.
- The third one is ‘Basti’ process which is the enema by the medicated oil or decoction. It is the detoxification process for the Vata Doshas.
- Other Panchkarmas are the Rakt Mokshana and Nase, and also includes Netre Darpan, Shirodhara, Sanik Basti which also helps to achieve our wellness goals.
One can achieve wellness by doing following these procedures regularly or as per the advise of the Ayurveda physician. One can do this at any authentic Ayurveda centre or at our centres as well.
Doctor I have skin problems in hip and vagina area. It happened to me last one year. It feel scrachs all the time and I did as well dn the blood comes out from the allergy areas it pains nd when I put water into it its feel very burning nd paining. Its spreed very badly at my assets area to please five me a solve.
Mam mere right ovary me cyct thi September se leke Dec tak maine med li vo thik hogayi last month Feb 14 Ko period aye but vo b drop drop mtlb 4 days aye vo b drop drop no flow NW this time worried usi ke Karan usi se weight mera kafi bad Gaya belly fat kafi hogaya.
Two lady both are ten to eleven years old both seduce me because I'm renter, she usually comes in my room , she tickle some time. And said to have sex. But I'm afraid of people near me. When should I do?
I am a 24 year old female. I was in the middle of a sexual act with my partner when I started to bleed without any pain. I thought that My periods have started as they were due in a day or two. But now 3 days have passed since that incident and there has been no bleeding/discharge at all since then. There is no pain either. I don't know what is going on. I undertook a pregnancy test and it came out to be negative. This is the first time I have experienced such thing. Please help me understand the situation. Thank you.
What diet I have to take to regularize my period as am a pcodic also. Please adive a perfect diet plan for me.
Concerted efforts to inculcate healthy lifestyle habits can help prevent life-long lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart ailments among many. A healthy lifestyle can help manage an already existing condition well too! So inculcating a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.