Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GuptaYour feedback matters!
Good morning doctors My question is, before planning for a baby the womens use to take some tablets like folic acid and some vitamin tablets, is there any tablets, foods, and fruits should the men take before planning for a baby, and kindly tell me the benefits of these foods and fruits and vegs. Thankyou.
Dear sir & mam Good evening Muzko puchna h ki agar koi girl physical relation banati h mere sath me safety factor (condom) use karta hu or safely sab kuch hota h fir bi me ESE hi usko pil tablet unwanted 72 deta hu to eska kitta side effect hoga .aage in future koi problems to nhi aayegi usko.
Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgery to make your abdomen look tighter, tauter and more attractive. If your abdomen is saggy, loose and flabby, this procedure removes extra skin and gives the right shape to your tummy area. Below are things you should know about a tummy tuck procedure in India.
- Tummy tuck will not help you lose weight: Lots of people confuse between abdominoplasty and weight loss surgeries. The former only helps tighten your abdomen. You might lose a couple of pounds in the process. However, this will not help you shed a lot of weight.
- You will need to lose weight before the surgery: You will need to get to your ideal weight range before you take up a tummy tuck. This is because once your muscles are tightened, weight fluctuations can disturb the figure and ruin the effect of a tummy tuck.
- Do not opt for tummy tucks if you are planning to get pregnant: A tummy tuck surgery tightens your vertical muscles and this process is reversed when you get pregnant. To avoid losing the effect of a tummy tuck, wait until you are done with all your pregnancies.
- Plan enough time off: Depending on the procedure, you will need a couple of weeks of complete rest before you can get back to your normal schedule. Make sure you can take time off. You should be careful to not lift heavy weights or stress yourself physically to ensure the scar heals well.
- Healing takes time: Though you can get back to normalcy in a few weeks, your body and skin will take time to heal completely. Give it at least a year for everything to look and feel like before.
- Weight maintenance: After you get your taut, flat abdomen, watching your calories and not putting on excess weight is important. This will ensure your figure stays the same.
Do your research, make a conscious decision and be ready to take some effort to make your tummy tuck surgery a success. A taut abdomen mentally and physically makes you more confident and happy! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. Then for precaution sake I took an emergency contraceptive pill (Ipill) I've never taken it before. Today morning i.e. A week after I took the pill, there was a brown discharge from my body and slight abdominal pain. Is it normal? What can be the reason? Is it the side effect of the pill? or sign of pregnancy
Most women stay confused with the time of their ovulation. Couples who are sexually healthy and are in their 20s and 30s and are not using any birth control measures have 20% chances of getting pregnant. It is interesting to know that you have a high chance of getting pregnant at the time of ovulation. It is a small window period that comes each month. It is the time when your ovary produces ovum or egg and the egg is open for fertilisation. Even if you are having sex two or three days before ovulation, there is a high possibility of fertilisation. After ovulation is over, the window period gets shut for the next cycle. It is the safe period. Though doctors say that it cannot be considered 100% safe to have unprotected sex during this period, the chances of getting pregnant are considerably lower.
When does ovulation actually start?
It should be remembered that ovulation takes place at the middle of your menstrual cycle. It usually occurs halfway through the cycle. Commonly, the average time period of a cycle is 28 days. But, in some cases, women may have cycles as long as 23 to 35 days.
How will you know that you are ovulating?
- Check your calendar: It is a healthy habit to keep a menstrual calendar. You must maintain the dates for a few months. This will give you an idea as to when you actually ovulate.It is difficult to know the actual time of ovulation if you are having irregular periods.
- Carefully listen to your body: It is a common thing that your body spontaneously sends a memo to you before ovulation starts. You get cramps or feel pain in the lower abdomen before ovulation starts. This pain is called mittelschmerz. It is a reminder of the coming periods.
- Chart your body temperature: Well, you will need to keep a record of your basal body temperature. You can measure it after three to five hours of sleep. Your basal body temperature changes throughout the monthly ovulation cycle. Progesterone hormone is responsible for the increase in body temperature. In the first half of the month, the progesterone levels are low and hence the temperature remains low as compared to the second half of ovulation.
- You can go for saliva test: Your saliva contains the estrogen hormone. Its level changes throughout the cycle. You can also use an ovulation detector kit to know the dates. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.