Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Garg
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GargYour feedback matters!
My endometrium thickness is 12 mm. It was the last day of my menstrual cycle. I have large ovary and ovarian volume. and I am trying to conceive. Does 12 mm endometrium thickness. Means I am pregnant. I am last date of 21 feb. I am not in periods yet. N I do not have symptoms of pregnancy. When should I take pregnancy test?
Many people dread going to the toilet, all thanks to the extreme pain, bleeding (not always though), or itchiness that one experiences during the bowel movement. These are some of the discomfort and complications associated with a condition referred to as Fissure-in-Ano (also known as Anal fissures). Age or sex has no impact in triggering anal fissures as the condition can affect all and sundry (though infants are more susceptible).
Medically, anal fissures are nothing but cuts or cracks (can be chronic or acute longitudinal tears that mainly develop in the anoderm or the epithelial lining of the anal canal) that affects the anal as well as an anal canal (terminal end of the gastrointestinal tract). Without proper treatment and medication, the condition will only deteriorate further piling on the agony and discomfort.
What triggers Anal Fissures?
- In the majority of the cases, the anal fissures, (that mostly appears in the midline posteriorly of the anal canal), are triggered by Constipation or passing of hard stools that cause repeated wear and tear of the anal mucosa resulting in the cracks or fissures.
- Crohn’s Disease (an Inflammatory Bowel Disease that often results in the digestive tract getting inflamed) can play a significant role in the formation of fissures.
- Anal fissures can also result from childbirth, severe diarrhea, HIV, Tuberculosis, anal cancer, to name a few.
- Anal sex can, at times, play a pivotal role in triggering anal fissures.
A person with anal fissures complain of
- Pain and discomfort while passing stool. At times, there may be rectal bleeding as well.
- A skin tag often appears on the skin close to the fissure.
- The skin around the anus appears cracked with irritation and itching.
Ayurveda and Anal Fissures
Many patients with anal fissures, even severe and chronic cases, have been completely cured and treated (ensuring there is no recurrence of the condition) with Ayurveda.
- With constipation being a trigger for anal fissures, Ayurvedic medicines are given to soften the stool and also to treat constipation. In this regard, Triphala deserves a special mention. It works magically to provide relief from constipation and the associated discomfort that comes tagged along.
- The use of Panchakarma can also work wonders to treat anal fissures. Panchakarma involves the use of various herbal oil baths and massages to cleanse the body of the harmful toxins. Anal fissures can be treated using Basti (a part of Panchakarma therapy that eliminates the toxins present in the lower colon using an Ayurvedic enema such as milk, ghee).
- The diet should also be taken care off. Increase the intake of dietary fibers (citrus fruits, prunes, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, Brussels Sprouts, peas, to name a few).
- Make it a habit to indulge in exercise and physical activities daily.
- Increase the fluid intake (water, fresh fruit juice, vegetable soup) to keep the body hydrated.
Note: For maximum results, the dosage of the medicine (Triphala or any other Ayurvedic medicines) should be as per the doctor recommended.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor l have pain in stomach of right side. What are the reason? I have also back pain and vaginal pain.
Here are some tips to help you look after your teeth.
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste.
- Brush thoroughly.
- Floss your teeth daily.
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices.
- Limit sugary foods.
- Protect your teeth from injury.
- Try to save a knocked out tooth.