Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GargYour feedback matters!
Acute paronychia - Painful and purulent condition; most frequently caused by staphylococci.
Chronic paronychia - Usually caused by a fungal infection
The image below depicts paronychia.
Classic presentation of paronychia, with erythema and pus surrounding the nail bed.
Signs and symptoms
Physical findings in acute paronychia include the following:
The affected area often appears erythematous and swollen
In more advanced cases, pus may collect under the skin of the lateral fold
If untreated, the infection can extend into the eponychium, in which case it is called eponychia
Further extension of the infection can lead to the involvement of both lateral folds as it tracks under the nail sulcus; this progression is called a runaround infection.
Physical findings in chronic paronychia include the following:
Swollen, erythematous, and tender nail folds without fluctuance are characteristic of chronic paronychia
Eventually, the nail plates become thickened and discolored, with pronounced transverse ridges
The cuticles and nail folds may separate from the nail plate, forming a space for the invasion of various microorganisms
The diagnosis of paronychia is based primarily on patient history and physical examination. Some laboratory studies, however, can be useful. These include the following:
Gram staining and/or culture - To help identify a bacterial cause of fluctuant paronychia.
Potassium hydroxide (KOH) 5% smears - To help diagnose fluctuant paronychia caused by a candidal infection
Treatment strategies for paronychia include the following:
If soft tissue swelling is present without fluctuance, the infection may resolve with warm soaks 3-4 times daily
Patients with extensive surrounding cellulitis or with a history of diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, or an immunocompromised state may benefit from a short course of antibiotics
If an abscess has developed, incision and drainage must be performed.
Hi. My regular periods just ended last week. I have been suffering from vir fever and some other problems since 3-4 days which involves taking 6 7 medicines daily. I have started having some abnormal bleeding since yesterday. Is it serious or is due to the heat effect of these medicines?
Hello We had unprotected sex for several times after my last period was over (last period on 31 th December. And expecting the next period on 29th jan but it appeared earlier on 26th jan, 26th jan-evening, light pink spots 27th jan-evening, few red drops 28th jan-normal flow (pad needed) 29th jan-heavy flow with clots 30th jan-normal with few drops One thing I assumed the this bleeding was differ from my regular menses, in regular period I feel pain all over my abdominal parts n legs but this time I felt pain only at my lower back and lower abdominal. 4 days prior then I got that bleeding I was suffering from lower and middle back pain and no other symptoms which indicates any pregnancy. But I was not expecting my period as we tried for baby for the first time. Very honestly I am afraid that if this is any early miscarriage or unusual period or implantation bleeding. I asked this question yesterday but today wanted to elaborate by further information and update. Pls response ASAP as I am very Much Tensed. Thank you.
Ma periods was not come for last 6 months. I have pcos appearance in my ovaries. Which medicine I need to take to get immediate periods?
I am 23 years old. I want to do sex with my boyfriend for the first time. Can you please suggest the precautions to be taken to avoid pregnancy. Is is it okay to do sex before marriage?
I was married one year ago now I want to conceive and my husband doing masturbation. While we doing sex my vagina becomes tight. What can we do?
Running is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of exercise as it has a ton of benefits attached to it. For instance, running helps you in maintaining your body weight by cutting down that unwanted or extra body fat, and helps in keeping you slim and trim. It also aids in improving your metabolism. Regular exercising will keep you energised, and increase your stamina.
Before starting with this physical activity, there are certain things you should know about. These are:
- Be patient: Patience is key! Now, we all know that that nothing can change in a day. You won't notice any signs of improvement on the first day. So, the best thing to do is work out every single day with dedication, and you'll notice the results in a month or so.
- Be Comfortable: It is very necessary to feel comfortable before you start your exercise. If you are going to run with your high heels or slippers on, it's never going to work out. So, it is very important to dress in your most comfortable attire before you start running.
- Eat well: A healthy diet packed with all the essential nutrients is an absolute must if you plan to take up running as a regular exercise. Do not starve yourself at any cost or skip any meal. Running will take up a lot of your energy and a healthy diet is a must if you intend on being fit and strong.
- Drink lots of water: It is very essential to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Pro tip: Gulp down some water after your run, as we tend to lose water and minerals from our body in the form of sweat.
- Run with music on: Recent studies have proven that running with music on is the better alternative. Music helps us focus more on our goal and also helps us stay calm.
- Consistency: You have to be consistent in your workout and only then will you be able to notice a significant change in your health. Running at least once a day is recommended. Some people tend to run twice a day too, but that depends from person to person. Do not burden yourself too much. Running is an exhausting exercise and you should not force your body too much.
- Calm your body and mind: Running or jogging in the morning can have a positive impact on you as it reduces stress and keeps you calm and sound throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
while going out in sun protect yourself from sun by applying good sunscreen of SPF 50 n goggles to protect your eyes.Always drink clean n lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. Happy summer.
Hi I am 6 week pregnant wednesday I go for transvaginal scan in that they found only sac and fluid not yolk sac they said wait for 1 week after that they will test again but I am feeling tensed is there any sign of baby will baby form in future or is there any problem? Please tell me I am so tensed sir please.
I am arthritis patient from last one year, and I want to plan baby so I just want to know is there any medicines that can be taken during pregnancy.
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.