Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GargYour feedback matters!
I have some white spots on my leg for past two months and there is some ne spot on my another leg this week.
Hi. I have an oily to normal combination skin. 2 years ago I was attacked by pimples on face. The gradually decreased but have left these hokes or scars on my face. please suggest something to make them vanish.
Suffering from fissure since last few years Using shield and cremagel ointment Please suggest if surgery is recommended.
Acne is a breakout of bumps on the face which can also spread to the neck and shoulders if not treated on time. There are many reasons for this breakout. It can be of varying severity. In mild acne, few breakouts may happen for a while and disappear with a good skin cleaning regimen. However in severe acne, there are lot of breakouts with various blackheads, whiteheads and pimples filled with pus. The breakout of acne can also lead to acne scars. Let us find out more about acne and its scars, as well as the treatment for the same.
Acne: This condition is also known as Acne Vulgaris and is most commonly found in teenagers who are facing a surge of hormones. This breakout can lead to bumps that can be characterised as pimples, blackheads and whiteheads which are usually born from the excess oil secreted from the oil glands present in the hair follicles. These are stimulated by the adrenal glands of male and female patients alike. Although this is not a dangerous condition, but its timely treatment can help in ensuring that infection and scarring does not take place.
Acne Scars: Scarring is the response of every individual to inflammation. Acne scars are borne by different people in different ways. While many people may not bear the scars of this breakout, there are many others for whom the condition is pretty severe and can lead to scars once the pimples and other bumps have cleared. Also, these scars can happen due to excessive touching and squeezing of the bumps and pimples which can release the pus within. There is also a risk of spreading infection in this way. While draining a pimple in the proper manner with the help of a dermatologist may not lead to the appearance of a scar, constantly picking on a pimple or a blackhead can lead to such scarring.
Prevention: In this case, prevention is really the best cure. Most of these scars, if they appear, are permanent. So the best thing to do is to avoid touching and picking at the pimples and bumps and take timely treatment from a dermatologist. Also, one must keep the skin clean at all times, and wash with non-perfumed cleanser at least twice a day.
Surgery: Once the scars have formed, surgical intervention and lasers may help in clearing them. Although surgery may be successful in lightening the scar to a great degree, it may not be able to remove the scar completely. One has to wait until the breakout completely disappears before carrying out laser or surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have dark circles due to which the portion under the eyes appears too tan compared to my face. Can you suggest some natural remedies for the same.
Sir I want to ask you that over a few years ago I was infected by chicken pox so by this infection I got some scars on my face. So can you tell me that how to remove that scars?
Hi I am 20 years old I suffered with rashes on buttex and on thigh from last one year suggests medicine's to cure rashes.
Sir I have gone through two caesarean one 6 yrs. Ago and other three months ago. My tummy looks very very bad with lots and lots of marks, uneven tone and vry loose skin. I wanna ask you if there is any cream, ointment, oil or any home based remedy to make it look good. I am 31 yrs. Old with normal skin.
Dear sir/madam, I got marks on my face and blackheads on nose ,alzo want to look fair ,what should I do? Also looking for weight gain.
Look for zinc oxide as key ingredient in your regular sunscreen and hydrating facial products are best defenses against sun and other forms of skin aberrations as it may protect the skin from harsh rays also do look up for aloe vera or chamomile for a soothing effect with vitamin c
Hi, Due to mosquito bites I have black marks on my skin because of itching? What should I apply to get rid of these black spots? How to control the itching due to mosquito bites?
My daughter is 13 years old, day by day her skin is chage into darkness is this a sun burn or something else?
Sir I have many scar in the back I am using anti scar cream many time but I cant get relief so I request you to please give me medicine and suggest me if you do this I always thankful to you.
What is the best solution for face scars which was left after over pimples I did laser but no good result can you please suggest me any remedy ? thanking you.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats: Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.