Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Hi I’m Dr. Rajeev Nangia, senior consultant ENT. Today I’ll be talking on a very important and common topic- Snoring. It is taken to be a very common thing but now it has been proved scientifically that there are a lot of bad effects of snoring too. It is caused by obstructive sleep apnea, whenever there are obstructions in the upper airway then there is a reduction in the oxygen levels to the body which leads to further effects on the body and can cause hypertension, diabetes, and weight gain and even affect your heart and can seldom lead to sudden death.
We should not ignore snoring but rather should always go for a complete ENT examination followed by a nasal endoscopy followed by a sleep test. It is nothing but while you’re sleeping we just attach some instruments and note the apnea and the hypopnea plus we note the oxygen levels and other things. So then we evaluate the severity of the sleep apnea whether it is in the mild, moderate or severe category. If it is mild then we can change our habits or we can reduce weight and other things, we can get over it.
Moderate or severe category can be a serious problem because sometimes people can have a daytime sleeping pattern and have a road accident which can be fatal. So for the moderate we have two things basically: we can either operate which is known as UPPP operation and or we can go for the BiPAPS but for severe category we have to go for the BiPAPS and for any other thing regarding snoring or its problems, you can consult me at this wonderful site called Lybrate or can consult ma directly online.
I am suffering from pain in my left side of throat. I have no problem in breathing and swallowing. Am I suffering from cancer?
My gsd's ears are smelling very bad and he has got itching problem with dry skin. He is 6 yrs old.I am from india.
I was having a bad throat 2 weeks before. Now when I cough or spit sometimes some type of black thing comes up with it. What should I do.
What is the quick & permanent remedy for cure or clear phlegm of throat. I am a vocalist so please suggest.
My husband is complaining of slight swelling in right jaw and pain in right ear. He uses a headphone on cell phone and is using a new branded headphone from 2 days. Can it be the reason for his problem? What can be done to resolve his problem?
I am 35 yr old male and have' sinusitis' right nose close and pain in head, eye last 10yr What should I do?
Am getting Body pains, sore throat, tingling on skin and random headaches? May I know the exact reason for above symptoms and please suggest medicine for this?
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic remedy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.