Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
More than 5 million teeth are knocked out every year in children and adults. With proper emergency action, a tooth that has been knocked out of its socket can be successfully replanted and last for years. It is important to see a dentist as soon as possible after the tooth is knocked out. Quick action will increase the likelihood of saving the tooth.
Saving a Knocked Out Tooth:
1. Pick up tooth by the crown (the chewing surface) not the root:
Locate the tooth immediately; do not leave it at the site of the accident. The tooth should be handled carefully touch only the crown to minimize injury to the root.
2. If dirty, gently rinse tooth with water:
- Do not use soap or chemicals
- Do not scrub the tooth
- Do not dry the tooth
- Do not wrap it in a tissue or cloth
3. Reposition tooth in socket immediately, if possible:
The sooner the tooth is replaced, the greater the likelihood it will survive. To reinsert, carefully push the tooth into the socket with fingers, or position above the socket and close mouth slowly. Hold the tooth in place with fingers or by gently biting down on it.
4. Keep tooth moist at all times:
The tooth must not be left outside the mouth to dry. If it cannot be replaced in the socket, put it in one of the following:
- Emergency tooth preservation kit
- Mouth (next to cheek)
- Regular tap water is not recommended for long term storage because the root surface cells do not tolerate water for long periods of time.
5. See a dentist within 30 minutes:
Bring the tooth to a dentist as soon as possible, ideally, within 30 minutes. However, it is possible to save the tooth even if it has been outside the mouth for an hour or more.
Excruciating pain while teething can be an extreme time both for the child and the entire family. The first tooth generally comes in when infants are in the vicinity of 4 and 7 months of age.
Symptoms of getting the first few teeth may include:
- Drooling, swollen or delicate gums
- Declining sustenance
- Biting on strong items
- Fractiousness and rest issues
- Most pediatricians say that diarrhea, low fever or irritation are not identified with getting teeth. However, for some mothers, these indications are normal for their babies getting teeth.
- You need to dependably call your specialist if your child has side effects that stress you or a temperature of 101 degrees F or higher.
Teething can normally be taken care of at home with homeopathic drugs.
Homeopathy is a protected and regular approach to alleviate the red, swollen gums and the pain. Homeopathic solutions additionally help your child quiet down and give them the opportunity to rest. Some of the medicines are as follows:
- Chamomilla 30C: It is the most widely recognized homeopathic medicine for problems associated with growing teeth. The baby is usually in pain, irate and shouting. Child quits crying just when carried and shook, or when riding in a car. Getting teeth is regularly joined by greenish diarrhea and an ear infection.
- Belladonna 30C: This medicine is administered when the child has red, swollen gums and is unable to sleep. Getting teeth is now and then joined by tonsillitis or ear infection with high fever.
- Calcarea phosphorica 30C: This medicine is given when the teeth are painful at the back and getting teeth is extremely agonizing. The main tooth typically shows up at 10 to 11 months of age. It is difficult to sooth the baby. Teeth are rotting, not long after they are come in.
- Mercurius solubilis 30C: This homeopathic medicine is effective when the baby drools a lot, has a terrible breath and a covered tongue. Pain is frequent and more terrible during the evening.
- Pulsatilla 30C: A clingy and mournful child needs to be held and consoled constantly. Pain is soothed by sucking an icy therapeutic stick or when breathing cool, crisp air. You need to give the drug that most nearly matches your baby’s side effects. You can crush the pellets or mix them in some water. In extreme pain, give the child five pellets three to four times everyday.
Other homeopathic medicines given to babies while teething are Podophyllum (mayapple), Belladonna, Calcarea Carbonica (calcium carbonate), Coffea (espresso), and Caffeinum (caffeine). A few parents might be worried in giving some of these substances to their babies. However, these homeopathic medicines are known to be protective as well as successful in treating numerous basic illnesses.