Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Bhardwaj
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen BhardwajYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old. I am suffering from weakness like body pain or stomach pain etc. Then what should I do?
I am 46 years old female in which age my monthly period will stop in this days I am getting lot of pain in my stomach and in my back body pain please help me.
I have fever since 2 days, which is relieved by paracetamol. But again rises after a few hours. Fever doesn't exceed 100 degrees. I have a lot of body pains, especially in my back, shoulders and legs. I also have a little shivering. I don't have any cold or cough complaints. Please Help!
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
A nagging achy pain in the shoulder is something that all must have experienced, especially aged people. Some choose to ignore it while for others, the pain may be so debilitating that it interferes with daily routine considerably. Making an appointment with an expert orthopedic doctor should be your priority. Meanwhile, here are some easy to follow tips to manage shoulder pain:
- Applying ice- Shoulder pain is normally caused due to inflammation of the tendons, and since ice is the natural reliever of inflammation, you can get some relief with the application of ice. It can slow down blood flow to the affected region and thereby reduces the pain. You should apply ice for about 20 minutes and try to keep your shoulders at an elevated position.
- Paying attention to the neck- It is no surprise that the shoulders and neck are closely positioned, and they always have an impact on each other. Sometimes, shoulder pain is caused by neck pain, and both of them can be relieved by practicing gentle neck stretches at home. You should also replace old mattress and pillows and opt for thicker pillows for the desired level of support.
- Keeping the elbow by your side- This could aid to your aching shoulders. You may use an armrest or arm sling in case of extreme pain in the shoulders. But it is worthy of mention here that using this equipment for long hours is not at all recommended.
- Relieving stress- The most effective means of treating shoulder pain is to get to the root of the problem. Stress may be the cause of your shoulder pain, and therefore, you should allow some rest to the shoulder by refraining from exercise and physically strenuous activities. You should also try to review your daily activities such as sleeping positions, motions, and habits that may have an adverse impact on the shoulders.
- Warming up- You may use a heating pad to keep the shoulders warm and do some gentle exercise if it doesn’t cause any discomfort. This will warm up the muscles for a wide range of activities and improve circulation.
- Strengthening the rhomboids- The muscle located in between the shoulders is termed as rhomboids. These muscles are essential for normal shoulder movements, and it is important to keep them stronger to hold the shoulders in the right position and support the weight of the arms and perform pushing and pulling effectively.
Experiencing shoulder pain is an issue, but with these effective measures targeted at relief, you may manage it easily and take part in all the activities that you love to.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi My TSH I'd very high 9 I am taking Eltroxin 75 mg since a long time. Recently I am getting pains in various parts of my body. Is it related to TSH? Your advice is highly appreciated Thanks generally pain is frequent in stomach.
Plz give me some valuable suggestions for my mom to loose her weight to avoid leg swelling and pain in thighs. And she has diabetes and blood pressure problem also. Thanks.
I am 23yrs old. Before 5 months baby born for me. After my delivery, my whole body is paining. Please help me.
Sir I am KOYA. I have lots of pain in my body. And so many pains. I want to remove the pain please tells me a solution to overcome this. I am a football player. Pls give me a reply. Thank you.
With much love and care Arogyam Ayurveda designed this therapy package to eliminate the internal causes of diseases and release the burden on your whole being. Large quantities of toxic bi-products are formed in the body as a result of numerous factors, including the body’s continuous metabolic processes, wrong body habits, wrong food habits, incompatible combination of food items, suppression of body urges, emotional imbalances, etc..
If your elimination system is functioning well most of these toxins are eliminated naturally. However, if it’s mal-functioning damaging toxins are deposited in various parts of the body. This toxic load results in the impairment of the Doshas, Dhatus (tissues), etc.. Consequently, normal functioning of the body systems are also impaired and we feel the many symptoms of toxicity and general ill health.