Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratima KumariYour feedback matters!
Main ne apni girl friend se sex Kia hai. Aur condom phat gia aur ab uski period ki date pe period nai aa rahy. Is bt ko 10 din huye hain. please mujhy pregnancy khatam karny ki medicine bta dain. Plz.
I am 28 year old woman and a mother of 3 year old kid. I am having irregular periods from my puberty onward. I am maintaining a healthy bmi, my height is 154cm, nd weight 49-50kg. I dont have pimples or facial hair. Bt my hair started falling heavily after delivery, dat too from the front portion of the head. Quarterly only i'm having periods, and flow and duration are normal. I dont have any significant difficulty or health issues except dis long gaps. What should I do?
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
Me and my fiance had sex and still she missed her periods but she checked threw pregnancy kit it shows negative because I didn't insert sperms in her but the problem is she's not getting down still from her regular days shes late from last 5 days.
My wife's period circle is 29 days. Today 33 days. Period not comes. She is pregnant or not. How we know? What is the symptoms of pregnancy in 34 days.
Green tea has many health benefits
-Improves metabolism and boost the body’s fat burning mechanism and helping you to keep fit
- It also contains a powerful antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in fighting cancer, removing free radicals and unwanted toxic substances from the body.
-It also contains other antioxidant compounds such as catechins and poly-phenols that boost the immune system.
TO GET THE BEST HEALTH BENEFITS TAKE GREEN TEA AT LEAST TWO HOURS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR MEALS
Can also take it about 1 hour before you sleep to burn fat even while you are asleep.
SOME DONT'S FOR GREEN TEA..
-Avoid green tea very early in the morning on an empty stomach. The caffeine in it can lead to dehydration and it could stimulate the release of gastric acid which can cause stomach upset or even ulcer.
-Avoid it at meal time because it can reduce the absorption of Thiamin (vitamin B1). A deficiency of this vitamin leads to a condition called beriberi.
So, its very important to take the green tea at a particular time for best health benefits...
Hi, I had sex on 6th July. Got period on 8th july. Lasted 5 days. On 2nd and 3rd day blood clots also come out. Blood clots is common in period or pregnancy?
I am having problem of irregular menses since the age when my periods was started. I got married in 2009 and faces the. Prob of conceiving baby I got success after one year of my marriage. I am having a boy of 4 years. I am trying for my second baby from more than two years but i am not able to conceive what I should do?
To Prevent Sports-Related Injuries ( 5 Tips)
Do you remember the last time you had a searing knee pain in the middle of your morning run? It was probably because you did not warm up properly. The incidence of injuries in various sports has gone up in the recent times, and it is mostly due to the lack of proper warm up exercises. However, other factors come into play as well, such as the pressure of increased workload on the current batch of athletes, missing a trick or two with the proper technique to be followed, etc.
In order to reduce the risk of an injury, it is advised to follow these simple tips:
Set realistic goals for yourself: Don’t go overboard with anything that includes repetitively stressing and straining your body over a certain degree. If you are planning to go for a run or hit to the gym, make sure you set goals that you can sustain and find feasible. One example of this would be to not increase the amount of weight drastically while lifting weights as it can lead to serious injuries.
Follow the right technique: Proper technique is very important in sports, a lack of which can lead to injuries. Ask your trainer to observe your form when you perform any activity. Focus on your breathing and posture when you are exercising.
Warm up before you begin exercising: Warming up before you exercise or play a sport is important as it helps loosen your muscles and boost blood circulation. It drastically reduces the risks of sustaining injuries, and also prepares your body for the subsequent exercise.
Cool down: Similar to an essential warm up is the need to cool down; it is another aspect that should not be ignored. Cooling down usually consists of stretches and postures that promote flexibility. The muscles become sore after working out. Stretching can help reduce post workout pain and make the joints flexible. Cooling down also helps in eliminating lactic acid from the muscles, which means less pain after exercise.
Listen to your body: During an activity, if you feel that you can no longer carry on, terminate the activity. The chances of injury rise if you continue to push your body over your threshold limit. If you think that you can no longer carry on doing something without risking an injury, avoid doing it altogether. Listen to your body, and it shall never fail you.
Hello Doctor please I have never conceived before I married newly. And is 3 months now I have lived with my husband. He likes sex so like sometimes we have sex everyday in a week or sometimes 3 times in a week and my ovulation finished on 16th of October so is remaining 10 days for my monthly period to start and I had sex with him yesterday please can I conceive. Since 14th of October have been feeling dizzy. Thank you.
I am working woman. I have a 3-month old son. I will be starting work in a week. Until now, I am exclusively breastfeeding my child but will need to introduce formula feed when I start going to work. Please suggest the best formula for my baby.
Sex addiction killing feel pain a lot at private body part still not getting good treatment. What should i do?
Symptoms can be absent in diabetic patients, presentation can be only giddiness or sweating or just nausea vomiting.
So never ignore these symptoms.
Like I always say early diagnosis is key to better treatment and recovery. Rejoice:)