Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratiksha GautamYour feedback matters!
Hi I am getting hair loose and I am using best shampoo in bath, and my teeths get cavities fastly everyday i brush my teeth.
I just removed my tooth as suggested by dentist. Now I want to implant a new tooth. I don't want to go for a bridge ad it affects adjacent tooth. So I think implant will be better but is there any other option except this two. How much do a implant cost actually. Is there any cheaper thing than implant and bridge.
Mam my half molar teeth broken circumstañously due to this I m. Suffering from senstivity pröblem. Even a air alsö feel in brrrokň part.
To keep your teeth free from dental decay just minimize sugar intake between meals.
Take sweets in meals only along with fibrous food. As fibers work best to clean teeth and make them free from dental decay. Sugar works as a medium (plaque) for germs growth. To keep teeth healthy get rid of that plaque.
I recently extract my tooth. But the pain is unbearable. I tried many medicines and pain killers but didn't work. please help me.
I have been facing problem of gums bleeding from 1 week please tell me any home remedies to stop it quick. I have shown it to doctor also but its getting stop.
Hi I've been experiencing pain in the gums and in my teeth (1) when I eat or drink cold items (2)when some thing gets stuck in gums (3)when I eat sweet(4)when I chew hard stuff. I'm 54 years and never I had those problems earlier.Please suggest remedy ?
When I eat some thing cold or hard things in my right side of the mouth I experience a huge pain in one tooth which is broken in one side. How can I get rid of it please help me?
Hi I am 33 and I have problem in 2 teeth one in the left upper and one in the right lower with big cavity hole both teeth is main teeth. Is is better to remove the teeth or doing root canal is better. Please suggest.
I have pain in my teeth .my gums are little bulky. Sometime blood comes out of gums. And teeth are getting black .there is smell coming out of mouth even after brushing twice a day. Kindly give me some recommendation for relief.
Hi I am diabetic n am suffering from pyrea my tooth has loosened and become spongy my gums are receding fast exposing my teeth to its roots kindly suggest what to do solve my tooth problem.
I want to know about oil pulling. Is it good for oral health? Which oil is very useful in oil pulling. Is mustard oil is good or not for oral health. Can you help help me.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!