Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with too much pain at the time of menses because of stone in Gall bladder. What shall I have to do?
What are periods and it is safe to have a sex during periods and what precautions should be taken and use condom at the time if sex in periods explain in brief.
I am 5 months pregnant. Mujhe loose motion ki problem ho rahi h pls suggest me medicine. O2 medicine is safe.
Is it ok to have sex at 11 th day of mensuration cycle? Is the possibility of pregnant pregnant is more if a condom is put on wrong and then fixed? I urinated and and a foreplay before having sex. Please help.
I'm 21 years old female and my periods are 17 days late. Recently did a Prega News test and it came positive. I cannot have a pregnancy now as I'm too young. Kindly let me know if there is any safe way to go about it.
Helo doctors Meri shaadi hau hai recently lekin muje itni jaldi pregnant ni hona toh kab sex kiya jaye jise main jaldi pregnant Na rahu Please batana.
Talk about nutrition and carbs, proteins and fats come to the mind immediately. However, these are the macronutrients and are not the only group of nutrients. More important are the micronutrients, comprising of a group of very important substances known as minerals and vitamins. Read on to know the most important vitamins and minerals that your body needs and the role they play.
- Vitamin A: Essential for healthy eyes, general growth and development and glowing skin. These are found in carrots, sweet potatoes and oranges.
- Vitamin B: These are essential for iron absorption, improved immunity and production of energy. Whole grains and unprocessed foods and vegetables like lentils, potatoes, bananas, yeast and molasses are good sources of these vitamins.
- Vitamin C: Required for iron absorption, blood clotting, elastic skin and antioxidant function. Found in good amounts in citrus fruits, guava, kiwi, grapefruits, strawberries, etc.
- Vitamin D: Extremely important for bone development, these are found in eggs, mushrooms and fish.
- Vitamin E: It improves the blood circulation and reduces free radicals, which is essential for cancer protection. Almonds, nuts, tomatoes and sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin E.
- Vitamin K: It is very essential for the process of blood coagulation, these are found in spinach, broccoli, kale and other green vegetables.
- Iron: Very essential ingredient for blood formation and muscle building, clams, oysters, soybeans, lentils and spinach are great sources of iron.
- Calcium: Most important ingredient, as it helps in the formation of teeth and bones, dairy products, tofu and cheese are very good sources.
- Zinc: A key ingredient essential for overall growth, immunity and fertility, spinach, beans, oysters and dark chocolate carry a good amount of Zinc.
- Folic acid: Essential for iron absorption, cell regeneration, and in pregnancy for healthy development of the baby. Green leafy vegetables, asparagus, peas, seeds, nuts, lentils, beets, corn, etc. are good sources.
Trace minerals like iodine, manganese, copper, fluoride, selenium and chromium are also essential but in very small amounts. While these are not the only essential vitamins and minerals, these are the most important ones. The quantities of these substances required on a daily basis are very small, but critical for functions listed above. In addition, some of them also help in releasing free radicals, which provides protection against cancer and chronic inflammation. This helps prevent chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
An important point to consider is while there are multiple supplements available in the market today to make sure you get all of these nutrients, try to eat a wholesome meal and get these through natural sources to the maximum extent possible. The natural foods are the best source, and supplements should be used only when these cannot be obtained naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, I am facing these below problems, Vaginal Dryness or Infections Painful Intercourse Anxiety Waking Up in Middle of Night Hot Flashes Recurring UTIs Stopping of Menses Incontinence Sagging Skin and Breasts Arthritis or Achy Joints Weak Bones and Muscle. Please help.
Mujhe stomach mai pain rahta hai stomach infection urine infection bhot jalde jalde ho jaata hai .Meri 2 surgery ho chuke hai saare test kara liye hai nothing come gynecologist ne kha ke aap kise gastrointestinal ko dikaye mujhe left side mai pain hota hai bhot tej aur vargina tak hota hai uske baad lower abdominal mai pain rahta hai aub painkillers be effect nae kar rahe acid itna jaada ban raha hain khana be nae khaya jaata .please help me.
It is very common for women to experience vaginal problems due to the menstrual cycle, birth control methods, sex or aging. Vaginal odor may change according to your sexual health. Sometimes, it is wrongly interpreted as infection or any other problem but it is a naturally existing odor which can also be caused by normal sweating. Nevertheless, an unpleasant vaginal odor can also be indicative of infection, irritation or an overgrowth of vaginal bacteria. Four common reasons of vaginal odor are:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an overgrowth of naturally existing bacteria in the vagina which can occur due to unprotected sex, douching or low production of lactobacilli bacteria. This can cause irritation, itching and makes women more vulnerable to sexually transmitted infection and other complications like preterm birth. Bacterial vaginosis is a very common occurrence for women in their reproductive years and is the primary reason for the vaginal odor in most cases.
2. Poor hygiene
Poor hygiene can be one of the major causes of vaginal odor. In terms of hygiene two common reasons which can cause unpleasant odor are the lack of proper washing and not wearing clean undergarments. Due to the presence of sweat around the genitalia and poor maintenance of hygiene, women often experience bad odor.
3. Forgotten tampon
A forgotten tampon can cause bacterial infection and lead to vaginal odor. The growth of bacteria along with menstrual blood can cause itching and lead to unpleasant smelling vaginal discharge. Sometimes, the infection can spread and cause serious problems like pain in the lower abdomen.
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease which is caused by a protozoan parasite. It can cause a foul smelling odor, soreness, pain while urination and intercourse and also vaginal itching. Pregnant women suffering from this disease are more at risk to deliver premature babies. It can be treated with antibiotics and can be prevented with proper use of condoms.