Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and have 2years old baby, from past 2-3 days, have pain in my boobs and I felt little milk is also coming. Where I stopped feeding my kid long back. Pls suggest, what shall I do in this case.
If the last menstrual phase starts from 7th January then when will the ovam discharge from every and when will be the safe?
I am 23 years old girl. I skipped my periods from last few months. In thyroid test my tsh count is 0.023. Please explain this figure and suggest me what should I do.
I have severe clots on second and third day of my periods and severe stomach ache too please suggest what needs to be done.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What a girl feels inside her vagina when she do sex for the first time and will that bleed? Please tell.
Hello doctor. I do not gets regular periods because of pcod. What should I do. I am taking tablets of polisitol recent. And even if I gets period they are only for 2 days.
I had urine test to check pregnancy after 3 and half hour when I checked it I saw it contain 5-6 white particles floating in the urine neither on the surface nor at the base please tell me I am pregnant?
Hi, I got my cycle on this month of September 10th. and my doctor has suggested me for laproscopy operation. My height is 5.4" and weight is 71 kgs. I want to know is after this operation will my irregular cycle will be regular and also can I lose my weight and conceive in how many months. Are there any side effects with the operation.
I have pcod. How to overcome that and medications and proper guidance for weight loss. Please advise.
I am 36 old unmarried girl with diabetic. Mujhe ye janana hai ki after marriage mujhe pregnancy me kya kya problems a sakti hai.
Today me n my girl had oral sex. Today was her 6th day after her periods. All was fine. But I just touched my penis to her vagina and just inserted 1 cm of my penis into her vagina and ejaculated sperms into her vagina. Please tell is there chances of getting pregnancy. If yes, how to stop her from pregnancy without taking any pills? .I hav doubt because one of my friend told me girls won't get pregnant during periods or after some days of periods. please help doctor.
Mere Sadi k 2 Saal Ho Gaye abhi tak bachcha nahi huwe what we should do Or ha Maine bahut time vigora Dr. x spasmo proxy jaise kahi medicine sex k time use kiya kya ye galat hai.
I am 25 years old got married 2 years back i'm having hypothyroidism because of this m not having menstruation at all. Is there is any new advance treatment to correct it.
Because it delays the natural wound healing process.
Whenever there is minor wound or a abrasion than first stop the oozing of the blood and than clean it with a clear water remembering that water should not stagnate.