Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha Garg
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha GargYour feedback matters!
A missed period is one of the most prominent signs of pregnancy.
I am 40 years old. 10 weeks pregnant I am can you tell me is there any relationship b/W WHITE DISCHARGE DURING PREGNANCY AND BIRTH OF MALE CHILD. And can you tell me there r any effects for foetus due to white discharge. White discharge is good or bad.
I am a pcod patient. I tried my best to reduce my weight like exercise dieting etc but I failed. Pls help how can I reduce my weight. And my second prob. Is I have a lots of facial hair on my chin .Please tell me how can I get rid of this problem. Pls help.
Peripheral neuropathy (PN) is damage to or disease affecting nerves, which may impair sensation, movement, gland or organ function, and affects other aspects of health, depending on the type of nerve affected. The treatment by a physical therapist helps in reducing symptoms and improves an individual’s quality of life. As the cause, type, and symptoms of peripheral neuropathy can vary, the approach to care also varies. Physical therapy is helpful in maintaining strength, mobility, and function.
Strengthening exercises for peripheral neuropathy moderately improve muscle strength. Exercising can help, when done regularly. They further reduce the neuropathic pain and also helps in controlling the blood sugar levels.
Objectives of physiotherapy include:
Maintaining and improving functions via a range of motion through stretching.
Strengthening muscles which include exercising against increasing resistance, use of weights and isometric exercise.
Balance training helps in providing stability and prevents falls.
Braces or splints can be used to enhance balance and posture.
Following recommendations and care are provided by physiotherapist:
Moderate intensity exercise- It helps to improve strength and physical function.
Never gliding activities- Includes exercises shown by a physiotherapist who will help you move and glide your nerves.
Balance and coordination activities - Your physiotherapist works on strategies to improve your balance and coordination. Improving balance and coordination helps to decrease your risk of falling and injuries that arise due to it. Balance exercises are a crucial part of the recovery of peripheral neuropathy. Balance training is important in overcoming the feeling of stiffness and unsteadiness, especially among elderly people.
Education – Your physiotherapist educates you on how to safely manage peripheral neuropathy. It mainly focuses on improving your safety, preventing further complications, and finding alternative ways to perform certain tasks.
Kinetic therapy in peripheral nerve injuries- It should not be started until the late stage of nerve regeneration when progressive strength return can be seen. After an injury to the nerve, physiotherapeutic methods are used to eliminate paresis and to restore normal function of muscles as well as to improve circulation.
Electrostimulation – It plays an important role in the treatment of various neuromuscular dysfunctions.
Magnetotherapy- It is used where a pulsed low-frequency magnetic field is applied. It has well-known effects on enhancing enzymatic activity, oxy-reductive processes and proper blood circulation resulting in better oxidation and conduction characteristics of regenerating peripheral nerves. It enhances the regeneration of nerve fibers.
Bio-laser stimulation- where low energy biostimulation lasers are used in palatial, continuous manner. Laser radiation can also be used to rejoin the nerve stumps.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I'm a bit worried and need assistance over this. Me and my girlfriend had sex earlier this month and to be on a safer side I used two condoms at a time. It was first experience for both of us. The problem over here is her date for last month was on 19 Feb nd it's 29 mar now and she's not getting down. We both were worried about it so I bought a prega sure kit to check if everything if fine or not and results were negative. I'm pretty sure there was no chance that she conceived it as I had double protection plus the results came negative but she's not getting down and it's been more than 40 days now.
5 Sweeping Reasons To Drop That Hand Sanitizer You Carry Everywhere!
Although hand sanitizers offer you the convenience to clean your hands sans soap and water, and help in killing germs, these convenient health tools also come with their share of negatives.
Here's why you should drop that bottle of hand sanitizer, every time you can avoid and go conventional with soap and water:
1. Creation of Superbugs and Destruction of Cells
Although the ingredient triclosans prevent the development of bacteria, it does more harm than good. Studies show that it aids creation of superbugs (different types of bacteria that are resistant to certain forms of antibiotics). Furthermore, according to a 2014 study, triclosans have also been found to spur the development of breast cancer cells, not to mention the destruction of brain cells, according to research conducted by the university of california.
2. Causes Disruption in Hormones
Excessive use of hand sanitizers has also been found to bring about abnormal hormonal problems. Studies reveal that the triclosan ingredient can alter the way hormones function in the body, enabling bacteria to be able to adapt and become more resistant to antibiotics.
3. Development of Life-Threatening Health Problems
4. Causes Skin Damage in The Long Run
As an active ingredient in hand sanitizers, alcohol can have an adverse effect on your health. It breaks down the protective outermost layer of skin, rendering it easy for toxins like parabens or bpa (bisphenol a) that is found in plastics to penetrate your skin easily.
5. Makes You Resistant to Antibiotics
Using hand sanitizers can make you resistant to antibiotics, thereby lowering your resistance to diseases. They may affect your body's immunity by killing off good bacteria that are responsible for keeping you safe from disease-causing bad bacteria. A study conducted in 2011 found that health care workers who used hand sanitizers more than soap and water are 6 times more likely to fall prey to outbreaks of norovirus (a highly infectious virus that causes viral gastroenteritis)