Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha Garg
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha GargYour feedback matters!
She's a house wife bt every now and then shes suffering from the period stomach pain and hemorrhoids pain is that bad she can not bear it. Is there any instant relief home remedies for the pain. Pls let me know.
Back pain during pregnancy is very common. It happens because you're gaining weight, your hormones are relaxing the ligaments in the joints of your pelvis and changes in centre of your gravity.
Consider five ways to ease back pain during pregnancy:
1. Maintain good posture:
Keep these principles of good posture in mind:
-stand up straight.
-hold your chest high.
-keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed.
- keep your feet wide for the best support.
If you have to stand for long periods of time, take frequent breaks.
Good posture also means sitting with proper care. Choose a chair that supports your back, or place a small pillow behind your lower back.
Wear low-heeled — not flat — shoes with good arch support. Avoid high heels.
2. Lift properly:
When lifting a small object, squat down and lift. Don't bend at the waist. It's also important to know your limits. Always ask for help if you need it.
3. Sleep on your side:
Sleep on your side, not your back. Keep one or both knees bent. Use pillows between your bent knees, under your abdomen and behind your back.
4. Massage your back, use heat or cold:
While evidence to support their effectiveness is limited, massage or the application of a heating pad or ice pack to your back might help.
5. Regular physical activity:
Regular physical activity keeps your back strong and might relieve back pain during pregnancy. You might also stretch your lower back.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN Fetal heart 152b/min. OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Folvite once daily Stopped:-- Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK & Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day Both progesterone support on 13 week My doctor now advised to start Oral progesterone SUSTEN SR 300 TWICE DAILY SINCE YESTERDAY. IS IT OKAY? TODAY I HAD VOMITING WITH THICK BLOOD JUST AFTER MY FOOD. I M WORRIED ABT IT :(MY ROUTINE AS FOLLOWING :-- WOKE UP AT 8 AM-->IMMEDIATELY HALF GLASS MILK WITH BISCUIT-->9 AM BREAKFAST -->10 AM DOXINATE WITH HEAVY BRUNCH --> 10: 30 AM SUSTEN 300 SR-->11: 00 FOLVITE ---> 11: 30 FRUITS -->12: 30 RANTAC -->1 PM LUNCH --->3 PM JUICE /BUTTER MILK-->sleep @3to4: 30 pm---5 PM 1 ROTI -->6 PM PEANUT /NARIYAL -->7 PM MIXTURE (CHIWDA) -- 8: 30 PM RANTAC ---9: 00 PM DINNER (KHICHDI/RICE)-9: 30SUSTEN 300SR --10 pm doxinate --11 pm -11: 30 pm milk N sleep till morning.
I am 26 years old. I am in a trouble to conceive. I want to know about the process of IVF and the Total Costing as well for it. Please co-operate with me.
I Ruchika, suffering from periods. My periods cycle 26 days every month. But periods stay only one day every month. After one day I feel like normal days. I am worried about my periods. Why it happen? It's a disease? What I do?
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Colorectal surgery is performed to repair damages that occur in the organs of the anus, rectum, and colon. The damage that takes place in these organs can be the result of problems with lower GI like diverticulitis (a condition wherein pouches known as diverticula in the colon wall become inflamed), cancer and inflammatory bowel disease (a group of intestinal disorders that bring about inflammation of the GI).
Who needs this surgery?
In general, colorectal surgery is an essential treatment option for ulcerative colitis, colorectal cancer, Crohn's disease (an inflammatory bowel disease that gives rise to inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) as well as certain diverticulitis cases. In such cases, the intestinal tract undergoes major reconstruction.
There are also other bowel problems that may require surgery but not of a serious nature and these are anal fissures, hemorrhoids, bowel incontinence and rectal prolapse. Most of the surgical procedures will aid in repairing tears, get rid of blockages, or make tighter sphincter muscles (muscles that surround openings in the body).
Colorectal surgery is also performed in cases of pelvic floor disorders like rectocele (a condition in which the rectum bulges towards the vagina) and perineal hernia (a hernia that involves the pelvic floor).
At the same time, injury, ischemia or compromised blood supply and obstruction may require the performance of bowel surgery as well. Scar tissue and masses can form within the rectum, clogging the organ and preventing the normal discharge of feces from the body.
Problems like ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory bowel disease that leads to the development of ulcers in the colon as well as inflammation of the area) and diverticulitis can give rise to perforations in the rectum. Surgery is suggested in instances when drugs fail to treat the problem of ulcerative colitis.
Likewise, in the case of recurrent instances of perforations or complications in diverticulitis, surgery may be required to remove the portion of the colon affected.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!