Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi. .I am 41 year old healthy female. I had regular periods of 25 days till April this year post that the cycle has changed to 50 days that means I am having my periods every 2 years. Also I am felt breast pain during last period similar to what you feel during pregnancy. Is this a start of menopause. Do I need to take any medication. Please note that my mother also started menopause during her 40s.
Hello I am 31 years old I delivered a baby 2 years ago n was having gestational diabetes during pregnancy. After delivery it was gone but wht precautions should b taken not to get the diabetes in future.
I am a 26 year female. I want to get Non Hormonal IUD placed. May I know the price of IUD and the best one to be placed and any protocols to be followed for placement of IUD.
Mai 20 year ki hu. Mera period ka date 28/8/17. Ko tha. Jo nhi Aya .Muje lgta hai maine boyfriend ke sth sex Kiya tha is Karn period miss ho gya hai. Mam muje please aise tblte btye jisse 1 din me period AA jye pls help me.
Esophagectomy is a procedure of removing a part of the esophagus and reconstructing the same using another organ of the body. The esophagus is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. This procedure is often performed in an advanced stage of esophageal cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. This procedure removes the cancer cells from the esophagus and gives relief from the symptoms. The organs from where the reconstructing tissues are taken are generally large intestine and stomach.
Many esophagectomy surgeries are performed with minimally invasive techniques. The latter is commonly known as laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure where numerous small incisions are made in order to perform the surgery. This procedure results in faster recovery and reduced pain as compared to the conventional surgery.
Newer methods such as Robotic surgery are being adopted by many doctors these days. Procedures like these can access the esophagus through places such as the throat, collarbone and abdomen. They make a minute incision to get to the exact location of the cancer and treat them with an improved precision, unlike the conventional surgical methods.
An important aspect of treating this condition is to determine the procedure that is going to be implemented. To determine this, doctors uses imaging techniques such as PET scan, CT scan and an MRI scan. A doctor might also prescribe other tests such as FNAC and endoscopic ultrasound. Heart evaluations are also conducted before the surgery to ensure that there are no complications involved while performing the surgery.
Unless the cancer is detected at a very early stage, most doctors recommend radiation or chemotherapy or both. These treatments help to shrink the size of the cancer and make for an effective esophagectomy. Both chemotherapy and radiation have their set of side effects, which include loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss, vomiting and skin discolouration.
Post the procedure, a patient cannot directly consume food. He is required to consume food through a pipe for a duration of four-six weeks. Adequate nutrition is required during this phase to recover quickly. Once the patient is able to resume a normal diet, it should be ensured that he takes food in reduced quantities to make up for the reduced stomach size.
Almost 90% of patients who have gone through this procedure report an improved life quality. While lifestyle related adjustments have to be made, there could be regular follow-ups to ensure the below mentioned complications do not arise:
1. Breathing-related problems
2. Swallowing problem
3. Effectively managing heartburn and ensuring the pain is under control
4. A thorough review of the nutritional diet to be consumed by the patient to counter sudden weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.
The study found couples struggling to conceive eat less fruit and vegetables than people who have just become parents.
Men who want to become fathers should eat their greens
Fruit and vegetables are good for male fertility because they contain compounds that could protect sperm from damage.
The minerals zinc, found in beans and pulses, and selenium, found in eggs, help keep testosterone levels high.
The antioxidants found in fruits help protect sperm from cellular damage and keep them strong and speedy - just what they need to race through the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg.
Zinc deficiency can actually reduce testosterone levels; for men with low testosterone - zinc was shown to raise testosterone and increase fertility. Zinc deficiencies are some of the most common deficiencies found in both men and women. Sources of zinc are sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and green peas. Find vitamin a - which is important in preventing sluggish sperm - infertility foods such as leafy greens, carrots, red peppers, and apricots, to name a few. Get vitamin c - which is critical to sperms motility and viability - in papaya, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, tomatoes, grapefruit, and broccoli, among other foods. And get vitamin e - which helps keep sperm vital - from vegetable oils. Fruits and veggies such as leafy greens, beans, and most fruits contain folic acid - a b vitamin with antioxidant properties that's crucial for keeping sperm free of chromosomal abnormalities. Pomegranate juice: another powerful player in antioxidant. Foods rich in l-carnitine are nuts, seeds, and many vegetables, including artichokes, asparagus, beet greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens, garlic, mustard greens, okra, and parsley. This amino acid is a necessary nutrient for sperm cells to function normally.
I have 43 years old and our wife is 37 years and last 16 years get together . I have 2 kids and one 14 years old and another is 6 years old. My wife do not take interest in sex. Please advice me .
Hello doctors, seeking an assistance regarding my wife facing discomfort in her vagina ,itching, pain and also a white fluid discharge from it. Would you please help me with the above mentioned and let me know what should I do. Am bit afraid about her. Many thanks! Avdhesh soni.
My friend is 27 years old girl and having problem problem of cyst in Ovary also 1st stage of fatty liver. And she is feeling very pain in stomach and vomit issues. And now a days there are some red patches on upper abdomen. Please tell.
I am 29 year old & Married from last 1.9 year. Me and my wants to know about steps of make pregnancy .give us the all imp. Step of make pregnancy at love time? And one major que. Is After complete of love, girl can go for the bath?
I and my girlfriend had been physical two days ago we had rubbed our organs for a minute or two and I entered her vagina once single stroke (depth of hardly 1.5 inch).There was no ejaculation or precum and I had been to washroom before the thing and today I had done some fingering a bit rough and today she found blood from vagina. What are these symptoms of and what are chances of pregnancy.
Hi am a female of 22 after having sex with my partner it pains me a lot in my stomach as well as near my Vagina. So can you please suggest what precautions I have to take.
Dear sir /mam My wife pregnant 2 month but she suffering form viral fever cold and cough . I have seen to doctor she told only one dower company syrup given this drink only she told me can not give the hard medicine but last 5 to 7 days continues suffering cold and cough and last to days fever also coming please give the advise which medicine i can take.
Hi. I'm 20 years old girl. Actually last week me and my boyfriend had sex at that time the condom had been damaged. But I don't want to be pregnant now. And I can't consult with any doctor about this topic. So please help me. What do I should? which medicine will help me about this problem. Please tell me as soon as possible. Please please please please.
Doctor mujje ek baat batao pregnant hona ho to sex ka bhi koi din hota hai kya. Or pregnant hone ke liye kitne baar sex karna padta hai. Aur doctor please describe karke mujhe poori information dijiye. Mein bohot pareshan hun meri wife pregnant nahi ho rahi hai.
The value of warm water as a therapeutic medium was recognised and utilised by philosophers and physicians such as pluto and hippopocrates as a treatment for muscle spasms and various diseases. It can be used for a large variety of conditions like low back pain osteoarthritis inflammatory conditions multiple sclerosis traumatic brain injury spinal cord injuries fibromyalgia etc,
8 weeks 2 day child die after abortion we are trying after 1 year but 8 month crossed no pregnancy what I do?
Foods that lower testosterone
1. Alcohol: this has been linked to lowered testosterone levels. By discontinuing excessive alcohol consumption, you can expect to improve the sex life of both you and your partner. It is also advised to avoid mixed drinks, as they may contain excess amounts of sugar, leading to weight gain.
2. Ice cream: this tasty treat is packed with sugar and empty calories, making it a poor choice for the health conscious. Ice cream may also lead to increased fatigue and migraine onset when eaten in high quantity. A better-frozen alternative would be frozen or plain yogurt.
3. Pasta: is high in carbohydrates, making it also high in calories. While the body loves carbs and can actually burn them off faster, running a marathon soon after you eat a huge serving of this starchy food is highly unlikely. If you don’t burn off these extra calories, your body will store the extra energy as fat.
4. Snacks: praised for their convenience and delicious taste, snacks like chips, chocolate bars, and cookies are high in sugar and carbohydrates that can instantly raise blood sugar levels. It may take some effort and willpower, but replacing unhealthy snacks with raw vegetables, raw nuts, or even dark chocolate can help increase male libido and provide the body with the healthy fats that your body needs.
5. Breakfast biscuits and cookies: generally considered high in trans fats, as they tend to be highly processed. These types of foods affect hormones in the body, including testosterone. By changing your early morning eating habit to something less processed, you can keep your testosterone levels optimal.
6. Nachos and chicken wings: despite being a favorite “game day” food option, eating nachos can provide the body more carbs than it really needs, leading to excess weight gain. Also, eating deep fried wings can contribute to increased cholesterol levels, which can affect the heart over time.
7. Low-fat diet sugar: having the right about of fat in the diet is recommended for the release of testosterone as well as to increase sex drive. Studies have shown that low-fat diets contribute to lower testosterone levels, with men who better regulate their blood sugar levels having better sex. The reason for this is that too much sugar in the diet can lower testosterone levels. Many low-fat diets trade fat for carbohydrates, which gets converted into glucose in the body, much like sugar.
8. Flax: a widely known health food and a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. However, flax seeds do not contain enough to overcome the effect of low testosterone, as flax seeds themselves contain compounds called lignans that mimic estrogen in the body. Flax seeds are considered to have three times more estrogen-like hormones than soybeans do. If flax seeds are your source of omega 3’s and you are a male suffering from low testosterone, it may be time to get a separate omega 3 supplement.
9. Licorice: a herb that most people associate with the worst tasting candy, licorice can help reduce stress when consumed as a tea. But it also contains high amounts of estrogen-like compounds.
10. Beer: a different form of alcohol, beer is different as it contains many more calories and carbs and can be very bad for men. The hops used to make beer is estrogenic and contain 300, 000 ius of estrogen per 100g of hops.
11. Soy: high in a compound called isoflavones that are proven to be estrogenic, soy is one type of food men with low testosterone should avoid. Their estrogen-like effect has been considered so strong that eating large amounts is almost equivalent to taking birth control pills, in theory.
12. Spearmint: this refreshing herb is used in everything from tea to chewing gum. It is also an old remedy for women to get rid of facial hair due to the estrogenic compounds it provides. Eating natural spearmint should be avoided in men concerned about their t levels.
13. Legumes and beans: this category of food is known for its estrogenic activity. For example, the lima bean is filled with a compound called phytoestrogenic fiber inositol and lignans that have been proven to lower serum testosterone as well as inhibit dihydrotestosterone levels.
14. Whole grains: while considered good for the digestive system, grains have testosterone mechanisms. They contain gluten that can increase prolactin levels and reduce testosterone levels. Diet rich in dietary fiber can also lower testosterone. Additionally, most grains can suck out essential minerals from the body.
15. Soda: soft drinks have excessive quantities of sugar and are one of the major contributors to the obesity epidemic. Not only is the liquid itself bad for you, but the bottles they are packaged in may also harm your health, as they are often made with phthalates that have strong estrogen-like properties.
16. Fast food: most of these establishments use low-grade meats to sell to their customers. The meat sources may be fed low-quality food and injected with antibiotics and growth hormones throughout their lives. Fast food is also very greasy, with the majority of items being deep fried. Sunflower and soybean oil can significantly reduce the testosterone levels in males.
17. Cheese: while great on your pizza and nachos, this dairy product can potentially mess with the body’s natural production of the hormone, including estrogen and testosterone.
18. High-pufa vegetable oils: polyunsaturated fats found in these types of oils has been proven in studies to reduce testosterone levels and should be avoided.
19. High doses of dietary fiber: while many people will tell you that increasing your dietary intake of fiber is good for you, it may, in fact, affect testosterone levels. The problem arises when a male eats too much fiber, altering the metabolism of testosterone, decreasing its levels. It is not advised to restrict fiber altogether if low testosterone is a concern, but to eat a regular amount of fiber.