Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha AggarwalYour feedback matters!
She is 2week pregnant now. We want 2 abort it. How can we abort it? I asked this question before, but forgot to tell date of menstrual period. The date was feb 22 or 23. Pls help doctor.
Nephropathy is also known as renal disease. It is any type of damage or disease relating to the kidneys. Though not everyone with diabetes has nephropathy, however, diabetic nephropathy can cause kidney failure.
How does diabetes affect the kidney?
Kidneys are responsible for taking waste out from your blood. They have a lot of tiny blood vessels to do this. High blood sugar may kill such blood vessels. Once these blood vessels are destroyed, the kidneys may not function as well or it may even lead to kidney failure.
What increases your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy?
There are several factors which increase your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy including: \
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Being Native American, African American or of Hispanic origin, for whom risk factors have proved to be magnified
- If you have family history of diabetic nephropathy
Symptoms and diagnosis:
There are very few noticeable symptoms, which appear when you have diabetic nephropathy, except swelling in your arms and legs. The diagnosis is done by checking for a type of protein in your urine known as albumin, which is not supposed to be there. Getting the diagnosis done early is crucial.
You can prevent kidney damage by doing the following:
- Keeping your blood sugar levels under control - keep HbA1C < 6-7%
- Keeping your blood pressure under control in the range of 130/80
- Eating healthy food
- Exercising regularly
- Not eating too much protein
- Not eating too much salt
- Reducing smoke or excessive tobacco usage
Medicines for treatment:
If you do get diabetic nephropathy, here are some medicines, which can help cure it
- ACE inhibitors which are also called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Blood pressure may rise
- Triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels may rise.
I tested positive in a home pregnancy test around 8 days back. I have bleeding today. What would be the reason?
I am unmarried 31 yrs old female. The duration of my cycle is decreasing and periods last for max 2 days that is worrying me and I'm not able to concentrate on my work. Leading to stress even after consultation with doctor the report of pelvic ultrasound is normal. But less monthly discharge is worrying me. Can it be problematic for my future. exercise can help.?
Hi i'm 23 years old female I have back ache while riding scooter but I haven't consulted any doctors is there any pills which I could recover in that i'm planning for my pregnancy will I get problem during that time. And I m planning take vitamin E capsules can you suggest me some good product for glowing skin and healthy hair. Thanks.
Why we cannot check ultrasonic scanning of follicular till period comes. Why there is certain time to check egg size? For E.g 9th day from 1st day of period to 20 days. If my egg size in 9 mm on 20 days, why we can checking continuously till periods?
Shirodhara rejuvenates and revitalizes the body and mind, relieves stress and strain related problems, slows the aging process, improves memory and is known to cure paralysis, insomnia, depression, anxiety, hypertension and other neurological disorders. It also bestows better vision, better hearing, clears nasal problems and ultimately strengthens your physical constitution.
The shirodhara offered by arogyam ayurveda is the authentic kerala treatment, unlike the head massage only type offered by many ayurveda centres and spas.
[shirodhara promotes profound relaxation with the steady flow of warm herbal oil poured on the forehead. It is beneficial for stress related disorders as it calms the nervous system, pacifies vatha and increases mental resilience. Its soothing, meditative effect releases deep seated tension and tiredness whilst also stilling restless or overactive minds. It can also be used to balance mood fluctuations, enhance intuition, increase mental clarity and improve memory. An unforgettable experience of pure bliss.
One of my female friend, aged 18 is suffering from white vaginal discharge, from the last of her period to begging of next period, every now and then she is having (sometime thik and sometime milky) vaginal discharge, this has no regular time and occurring about all time. because of this, she becoming week and getting dark circle around eyes. One thing to mention that she has lower abdomen pain during period and for this she applies pain killer as prescribed by doctor. Please suggest some Homoeo, or Ayurveda. Thank you.
We want to do baby planning, due to work we hardly have sex. So when is the best days so to get pregnant, wife's 1st day of period was 29th may. please suggest days according for better chances .
I want you to convey that I am having irregular periods is this any problem as my periods last for seven days.
I'm 46 years old having sugar and thyroid as my periods delayed from one year and I don't have pregnancy yet. Can I have any hope on pregnancy now? Please help me.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.
I should be 9.4 week pregnant but my ultra sound show it is 6.6 week pregnancy .is it fine or some issues?
Although confused with natural and temporal feelings of grief or sadness, depression is not merely a weakness or something to be taken lightly. It is quite a serious issue and can last for long periods of time.
Depression does not merely involve feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, and worthlessness, but is much more terrible and usually has a detrimental effect on your day-to-day functioning.
There are many different types of depression. These include:
1. Major depression
2. Bipolar depression
3. Psychotic depression
4. Chronic depression (even dysthymia)
5. Seasonal depression
6. Substance-induced depression
7. Postpartum depression
8. Double depression
9. Treatment-resistant depression
10. Secondary depression
11. Masked depression
Symptoms: Signs and symptoms of clinical depression can vary depending largely on how severe it is, how long it lasts and how often it comes into play, and differs from individual to individual. While some might experience but a few signs of depression, others might experience more. Here is a list of symptoms that might indicate that you may be suffering from depression:
1. Being depressed for most parts of the day, especially in the morning
2. Feeling guilty or worthless almost every day
3. More inclined towards pessimism
4. Insomnia or hypersomnia
5. Regular contemplations of death or suicide
6. Significant weight gains or weight loss
7. Appetite loss or overeating
8. Feelings of high fatigue and low energy levels almost every day
9. Indecisiveness or impaired focus and difficulty concentrating
10. Lack of interest in almost all daily activities or hobbies, including sexual activity
11. Irritability and restlessness
12. Cramps, headaches and digestive problems which persist even with treatment
Causes: Although the exact causes of depression have not been determined as of yet, depression may be caused by a combination of a number of factors:
1. Biological differences
2. Hormonal imbalances
3. Brain chemistry
4. Inherited traits or genetic disorders.