Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratap Bahadur Singh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap Bahadur SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and few days back I was diagnosed with UTI . My gynae prescribed monocef 1gm through iv twice a day for 5 days. Then again did the urine culture and still there was infection now I'm on inj fortum 1gm twice a day for 7 days. I'm really very worried does that affect my baby? Are these injections really safe. And what all can I do to cure it. Please reply. Thank you!
My father is having a cortical cyst in his upper pole of left kidney of length 21. 6 mm×18. 7 mm.so is it dangerous or harmful?
Can drinking water with lemon prevent the problem of stones in kidney's? Also, I have been told not to drink mineral water. Which water is best for drinking.
My ass hole that is rectum has swelled little bit. since two days and its paining during bathroom .what was it .how can reduce it .And I am eating outside can give a suggestion for sir.
My liver is fatty. Few days ago I have stone in kidney. I do not exercise. Which type of nutritional food I should take?
I am having unwanted *panic* heart palpitations and stress and depression ,sweating ,frequent urination ,what can I do.
A urinary tract infection or UTI can be quite painful and uncomfortable. This infection can be described as an infection that affects the ureter, urethra, bladder or kidneys. Women have a shorter urethra than men which makes this more vulnerable to this kind of infection.
It is said that most women suffer from at least one bout of this infection in a lifetime. Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria and may often recur after treatment. However, in most cases, this can easily be prevented. Here are a few tips to help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Ideally, we should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day at regular intervals. This keeps the body hydrated and flushes toxins and bacteria from the body. Water also prevents the formation of kidney stones that could increase your risk of suffering from a urinary tract infection.
- Urinate frequently: If you drink the required amount of water, you will typically need to urinate frequently. Do not try to control your bladder. Holding your urine in your bladder allows bacteria to multiply inside the bladder. This is an easy way for a UTI to begin.
- Follow healthy bathroom habits: Cleanliness is the first step to preventing any infection. When using public restrooms, flush the toilet before and after urinating. In the case of women, it becomes important to ensure that the seat of the toilet is clean as well. After urinating wipe the residual urine with toilet paper in a motion that goes from front to back. Since the urethra is situated very close to the rectum, this step is very important. For uncircumcised men, it is important to wash the foreskin after urination.
- Wear loose clothes: Tight fitting clothes trap moisture and aid in the multiplication of bacteria. Hence, always wear loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry. Also, avoid synthetic underwear and only wear cotton underwear.
- Urinate after intercourse: The relative closeness of the vagina to the urethra makes it easy for bacteria to enter the urethra during intercourse. Hence, make it a habit of washing your pubic region after intercourse and urinating. This helps flush out any possible bacteria that may have entered your body.
- Choose the correct method of birth control: Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents can promote a urinary tract infection. Hence, it is best to avoid these types of birth control and pick alternatives. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from BPH from last two years and by my doctors advice I am taking Urimax D one tablet per day. How long I should take the treatment, please advice me?
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc. People with high blood pressure or diabetes are more likely to have CKD. This disease leads to other complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anaemia and pericarditis.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine. Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases like Kidney Stone Treatment, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.
Second hand smoke may cause bladder cancer. True or false? Take this quiz to know more.
People with the highest bladder cancer risk are those who?
• Smoke heavily
• Started smoking at a young age
• Have smoked for a long time
• All of the above - Right
Smoking cigarettes enhance the chances of an onset of the bladder cancer. As per studies over one-third of all bladder cancer cases have a link with smoking. Smokers are at increasing risk of getting bladder cancer, which may be up to 4 times that of someone who has never smoked. People who smoke may reduce their risk of getting cancer by passing urine more often. However, there is not enough evidence to support that this is true for everyone. The more you stay away from cigarettes, the better it is.
Which type of chemicals present in cigarette smoke may cause of bladder cancer?
• Carcinogenic chemicals - Right
• Hydrogen cyanide
• All of the above
Cigarette smoke contains carcinogenic chemicals which are harmful to our body and known to cause cancer. When tobacco smoke is inhaled, these cancer-causing chemicals are absorbed into the blood stream. When the blood passes through your kidneys, these chemicals may often get deposited in the urine. As the urine waits in the bladder to be expelled, these harmful chemicals damage the cells lining the bladder, increasing your risk of bladder cancer. Experts believe that healthy eating habits may help in preventing bladder cancer.
Second hand smoke may cause bladder cancer.
The health risks brought on by cigarette smoking are not restricted to smokers. Exposure to secondhand smoke or environmental tobacco smoke significantly increases the risk of cancer in nonsmokers, as well as also a few respiratory ailments in kids. Secondhand smoke is a combination of the smoke that is discharged from the end of a burning cigarette and the smoke emitted from the lungs of smokers. You may use medical masks when going outside, to protect yourself from second-hand smoke.
Aryl-amines present in tobacco decreases the risk of bladder cancer.
• False - Right
As per medical research arylamines such as benzidine, 2-naphthylamine, and 4-aminobiphenyl which are present in tobacco smoke are associated with increasing the chances of getting bladder cancer. Aryl-amines use both an early and a late-stage activity, compatible with a two-mutation theory of bladder carcinogenesis. You may consult your doctor to educate yourself about these harmful effects.
Quitting smoking is a critical step in preventing bladder cancer.
• True - Right
Quitting smoking has major and immediate health benefits for men and women of all ages. Quitting smoking not only decreases the risk of bladder cancer but also reduce the risk of getting a heart attack or chronic lung disease. As per research people who quit before reaching the age 50 reduce their chance of dying by half for the next fifteen years compared with those who continue to smoke. Smoking low-yield cigarettes, as compared to cigarettes with higher tar and nicotine, provides no clear benefit to health. The earlier a person quits, the greater the health benefit.